Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
The processing time in Canada is now 64 days. This time frame is typically very accurate.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
impatientgirl said:
Hi lady, what's up? Hope all is well I sent you two email n got no reply can you please check when you have the time n reply I realy need your advice on this one

Thanks a lot
Hi impatientgirl, sorry about the delayed reply, I just got one e-mail from you and just PM'd you back now. Not sure why I did not receive your first pm though.... ??? I am not on the forum regularly but do reply to all PMs. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Leshatesha said:
Hello everyone,

Hubby's interview went well. We both agreed that a decision was made prior to the interview. I managed to get some possible questions from another forum and had sent them to him. He reported that many of the questions were identical. He did feel they would ask the same question in different forms. He said the officer was nice.

The officer told him at the end of the interview that his application had been "accepted" however she had forgotten to request the "waybill" in the letter. Hubby asked if he could go and get one and bring it back. She advised him that was not possible but that he could bring it to,the visa office down the street (where they process visiting visa). We got our envelope from DHL and brought it to the visa office. They were admanat that hubby had made a mistake and the officer would have never told him to bring it there. hubby was persistent and they took the envelope. I told my self that I would check on the status of the application every Friday. Today I logged in and saw decision made. I quickly checked DHL and saw that package was available since 9am.

I called hubby at 2pm and told him (I am not feeling 100%, so I took a nap). I got a call from him at 3pm telling me that they had called him to come and pick up the package. He was in kingston but did not have the reciept on him. He explained that to the DHL representative he told him he could pick it up anyways, with proper ID. He just picked up the the envelope, ripped it open and his visa was in his passport.

Just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words and support. Mel jam you can colour me in purple ! Landing story to follow.
Congratulations ;) :D ;D...so happy for you and hubby!! Glad he was persistent and adamant back! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MixedChick92 said:
Hey everyone I am sending out my application today. I am finally done!

I paid all the fees including the RPRF but it didn't give me a client ID, does it not generate one?
or do I have to wait?

Also is it best to send the application by courier?

All new to this
Congrats MC92 on finally finishing the application! :) Most definitely send it by courier with a tracking number so you will get confirmation once it is received by the Mississauga office. This is important so that you will have peace of mind and written proof to know it arrived at its first destination. If immigration ever makes a mistake - which they unfortunately do more often than they like to admit - you will always need documentation on your end to follow up and have them correct any errors.

Paying the fee does not generate a client ID (put a copy of the receipt in your package if you have not sent it yet). You should have gotten a message like this:

"Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this e-mail will not be acknowledged.

Attached to this e-mail is a copy of your official receipt for the payment of Citizenship and Immigration fees. Please print this receipt and attach a copy of the receipt to your application.

Your case processing centre will only accept a printout of the official receipt as proof of payment. Thank you.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Government of Canada"

You will not be given a client ID until CIC Mississauga logs your application into their system. If you have used an e-mail address for your contact CIC will e-mail you when it gets logged in and that e-mail will contain your Unique Client Identifier or UCI number along with your application number. Once your sponsorship application gets approved (SA) they will then send another e-mail with a letter attached. Not sure what the timelines are like now (they are posted on CIC's website though and updated every quarter) but when I submitted our application on Feb. 7, 2013 we received our 1st email, UCI and application number on Feb. 20, 2013 and SA on March 28, 2013.

This part of the process happens relatively quickly. Once the file is sent to the visa office (VO) overseas though, is when your real waiting will begin. So be prepared to be very patient for that part as it will test and try you as individuals and as a couple. Blessings for a speedy approval.

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
I never got an email yet about if they recieved my application but when I called they said they did I'm hoping I get approved soon and don't have too resend that form that just got updated...

Charlyn42

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-14
Doc's Request.
06-12-14
AOR Received.
05-04-14
File Transfer...
05-04-14
Med's Done....
Dec. 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-01-15
guyanese24 said:
Hubby have arrived ;D ;D ;D ;D
Good morning JamFam, haven't been on for a while, decided to pop in and welcome all the newbies, wish for you all a speedy process. Congrats guyanese on your hubby joining you.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Leshatesha said:
Hello everyone,

Hubby's interview went well. We both agreed that a decision was made prior to the interview. I managed to get some possible questions from another forum and had sent them to him. He reported that many of the questions were identical. He did feel they would ask the same question in different forms. He said the officer was nice.

The officer told him at the end of the interview that his application had been "accepted" however she had forgotten to request the "waybill" in the letter. Hubby asked if he could go and get one and bring it back. She advised him that was not possible but that he could bring it to,the visa office down the street (where they process visiting visa). We got our envelope from DHL and brought it to the visa office. They were admanat that hubby had made a mistake and the officer would have never told him to bring it there. hubby was persistent and they took the envelope. I told my self that I would check on the status of the application every Friday. Today I logged in and saw decision made. I quickly checked DHL and saw that package was available since 9am.

I called hubby at 2pm and told him (I am not feeling 100%, so I took a nap). I got a call from him at 3pm telling me that they had called him to come and pick up the package. He was in kingston but did not have the reciept on him. He explained that to the DHL representative he told him he could pick it up anyways, with proper ID. He just picked up the the envelope, ripped it open and his visa was in his passport.

Just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words and support. Mel jam you can colour me in purple ! Landing story to follow.

Congrats !! Sorry I took long time !! I was so busy this week-end!! Purple here a gwan ! :D

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Welcome MixedChick92 and Sara8513 !
I just added you to the spreadsheet !

NB : If I forgot somebody dont hesitate to inbox with infos....

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Hi Jamfam! Its been a while since I've been on. Since hubby landed (end of Jan) we've been getting him settled and used to Canada again. Things are going great! We are so happy to be together again! For everyone waiting keep the faith! Spouses will be home before you know it! Hubby has been here almost 2 months and he's started working and has gotten his PR card about 2 weeks ago! Yay! We are now looking for a bigger place to move so that hubby can apply for his children to come to Canada. Does anyone know how to do this? His 2 boys were included in his application as in accompanying. Their mother currently has full custody of them ( indicated in their divorce papers). But she signed a paper in Hubby's sponsorship application stating she does not object to the boys immigrating to Canada. She's also said many times she's OK with it and its better for them here, my question is because she has full custody do we need to get full custody from her before we can sponsor the 2 children? If so does anyone know if it needs to be brought to court and signed by a judge first? She's willing to just need to know if all this is necessary first or if she can just give written permission for us to include in the application? TIA. Keep the faith and stay strong everyone your time will come soon!

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
CdnandTrini said:
Congrats MC92 on finally finishing the application! :) Most definitely send it by courier with a tracking number so you will get confirmation once it is received by the Mississauga office. This is important so that you will have peace of mind and written proof to know it arrived at its first destination. If immigration ever makes a mistake - which they unfortunately do more often than they like to admit - you will always need documentation on your end to follow up and have them correct any errors.

Paying the fee does not generate a client ID (put a copy of the receipt in your package if you have not sent it yet). You should have gotten a message like this:

"Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this e-mail will not be acknowledged.

Attached to this e-mail is a copy of your official receipt for the payment of Citizenship and Immigration fees. Please print this receipt and attach a copy of the receipt to your application.

Your case processing centre will only accept a printout of the official receipt as proof of payment. Thank you.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Government of Canada"

You will not be given a client ID until CIC Mississauga logs your application into their system. If you have used an e-mail address for your contact CIC will e-mail you when it gets logged in and that e-mail will contain your Unique Client Identifier or UCI number along with your application number. Once your sponsorship application gets approved (SA) they will then send another e-mail with a letter attached. Not sure what the timelines are like now (they are posted on CIC's website though and updated every quarter) but when I submitted our application on Feb. 7, 2013 we received our 1st email, UCI and application number on Feb. 20, 2013 and SA on March 28, 2013.

This part of the process happens relatively quickly. Once the file is sent to the visa office (VO) overseas though, is when your real waiting will begin. So be prepared to be very patient for that part as it will test and try you as individuals and as a couple. Blessings for a speedy approval.
Thank you so much for your reply! CDNANDTRINI I sent it all in and I'm ready for this processing to begin lol.
& MelJam Sounds good,thanks. It's so nice that both of you have already finished this process and are still helping people going thru this too. :D

I was looking at the spreedsheet. Last year applications sent were approved really quickly. I only hope it will be this quick around this time. *Cross Fingers*

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MixedChick92 said:
Thank you so much for your reply! CDNANDTRINI I sent it all in and I'm ready for this processing to begin lol.
& MelJam Sounds good,thanks. It's so nice that both of you have already finished this process and are still helping people going thru this too. :D

I was looking at the spreedsheet. Last year applications sent were approved really quickly. I only hope it will be this quick around this time. *Cross Fingers*
You are most welcome MC92. Congratulations for getting that package sent off :D! And just to clarify our application was processed through the Port of Spain (POS) visa office (VO) as my husband is from Trinidad. In the past little while, some of the Kingston files were transferred over to the POS office even though Kingston is their home VO. I think the intent was to help reduce some of the backlog for the Kingston applicants so hopefully that will be the case for you and others that have been waiting.

Any time I can help anyone having to deal with this stressful process I am happy to pay it forward as so many people helped me during my challenges. Especially the folks from the POS and Kingston threads. Blessings.

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
Hey yall....I'm stressed out!

We sent in police clearance for the state my husband lives in (thinking that was an FBI check), along with the police clearance from Jamaica and our supporting docs/pics.

My husband received a call today to inform us that we need to do the FBI clearance over, because the one we provided from the state is not correct.

I'm freaking out, because we submitted everything before April 17th due date, but this FBI stuff looks like its going to take weeks upon weeks. I'm irritated and frustrated and just overall stressed out....

Does anyone know if we are realistically looking at 4-8 weeks for the FBI clearance and will CIC extend the due date?

Thanks fam....

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Jessie2014 said:

We sent in police clearance for the state my husband lives in (thinking that was an FBI check), along with the police clearance from Jamaica and our supporting docs/pics.

My husband received a call today to inform us that we need to do the FBI clearance over, because the one we provided from the state is not correct.

I'm freaking out, because we submitted everything before April 17th due date, but this FBI stuff looks like its going to take weeks upon weeks. I'm irritated and frustrated and just overall stressed out....

Does anyone know if we are realistically looking at 4-8 weeks for the FBI clearance and will CIC extend the due date?

Thanks fam....
Right now wait times for FBI checks are over 12 weeks...as per what people are saying on different threads on here. Apply for it and send the proof to Kingston that you have done it. This will be fine as others are in the same boat as you. The VO's know there is a wait time. Also...make sure you go through the FBI and not a third party as CIC doesn't recognize these as valid FBI checks.

OneLoveTwoHearts

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept-2014
File Transfer...
Sept-2014
Med's Request
Sept-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2014 Passport Sent....: Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
April 12, 2015
Jessie2014 said:

Thanks fam....
My FBI clearance took almost 16 weeks, I sent the VO an email about the time frame and then I received an extension to submit my documents. You might want to do the same. FBI office is not the fastest, so you might want to send those prints in asap.

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
Thank you Sammy and one love. Hoping for the best!