WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-03-14 SUBMITTED 21-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-14
LANDED..........
14-04-14(COVERED BY THE BLOOD)
HAPPY MONDAY GUYS!! :p :p :p
I'M GETTING TO GO SEE HUBBY TODAY!! YEAAAAA!!
I'M EAGER TO EAR OF SOME PPR AND VISA RETURNS FOR YOU GUYS! :p :-* :-* :-*
I'LL COME AGAIN WHEN I'M LOCKED IN HIS ARMS :D :D :D

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
Morning!!
1) he would mark visitor as he hasn't landed yet and he's not a resident
2) it doesn't take long for them to "land" in Toronto. Where is he connecting to?
Thank you Sammy!
and he would be connecting to Alberta YEG... other side of the country baby!

Twoheartsonelove said:
Good Morning JAMFAM and Happy Monday!! Hoping that KGN gets those PPs back to those that are waiting and makes a few PPR calls this week as well. It's a short week so let's hope they are motivated!
Good Morning 2H1L I hope so too! I hope we get a PPR sooooon!

PinkyM said:
When my hubby landed 2 weeks ago, it took a hour from the time the plane landed until we got outside the doors where my family was waiting. We went in the non resident line, that part was really quick, the CBSA officer helped us fill out the declaration card as we weren't sure if we should do separate ones for each of us - which we did have to do! He asked us if he was shipping any goods later, we said no and then he referred us on to Immigration. We went in & sat down - this was the longest wait, but still not very long - we were probably a 1/2 hour - 45 mins, but there were 3 families landing ahead of us in line (all of them had a language barrier, so it took a bit longer), when it was our turn, we were sitting in the Immigration officers cubicle for probably 5 minutes, my husband signed the COPR and he sent us on our way. Service Canada was there and they did tell us that we needed to go see them, but when I found out it was to apply for his SIN number, I asked if we could just do that on our own and they said yes, so we took off to get our bags. I would guess that if there hadn't have been a wait in Immigration, the process would have taken 20 minutes.

Hopefully this is helpful!
THANKS PINKY! That is VERY helpful. My mom and I were thinking he'd maybe need 3 hours. Which would account for his flight possibly leaving Jamaica late, possibly being the last person to get luggage and to get food before boarding the next flight... and finding his next flight.

side note: Toronto airport confuses me on the way home sometimes. I somehow always end up following the signs but they take me outside to a place where I have to go through security again. Its not just me. My sister came with my last time and we, again, followed the signs to connections and we ended up at security again. Almost missed our flight. Anyone else encounter this problem?

Do you know if doing the SIN card info then would make the process any faster than if you were to do it at home on your own?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Thank you Sammy!

THANKS PINKY! That is VERY helpful. My mom and I were thinking he'd maybe need 3 hours. Which would account for his flight possibly leaving Jamaica late, possibly being the last person to get luggage and to get food before boarding the next flight... and finding his next flight.

side note: Toronto airport confuses me on the way home sometimes. I somehow always end up following the signs but they take me outside to a place where I have to go through security again. Its not just me. My sister came with my last time and we, again, followed the signs to connections and we ended up at security again. Almost missed our flight. Anyone else encounter this problem?

Do you know if doing the SIN card info then would make the process any faster than if you were to do it at home on your own?
Try going to Pearson website below to see if you can find a map of the terminals or guidance for connecting. Westjet flies in/out of Terminal 3 and Air Canada in/out of Terminal 1.

http://www.torontopearson.com/index.aspx#

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Thank you Sammy!

The landing was first, so no it won't speed up the process and in fact if you do the SIN at the airport, it slows you down. The SIN numbers seemed to be taking forever when they were doing them in the airport - hubby and I went to Service Canada when we got up the next morning and we were in & out in less than 10 minutes. They give you a piece of paper with his SIN number on it and tell you not to lose it, because apparently they no longer issue cards any more! I would do it on your own time!

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
PinkyM said:
The landing was first, so no it won't speed up the process and in fact if you do the SIN at the airport, it slows you down. The SIN numbers seemed to be taking forever when they were doing them in the airport - hubby and I went to Service Canada when we got up the next morning and we were in & out in less than 10 minutes. They give you a piece of paper with his SIN number on it and tell you not to lose it, because apparently they no longer issue cards any more! I would do it on your own time!
Excellent! Such great answers to my plethora of very weirdly specific questions. Thanks new famjam! I'm sure I will have more.

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Try going to Pearson website below to see if you can find a map of the terminals or guidance for connecting. Westjet flies in/out of Terminal 3 and Air Canada in/out of Terminal 1.

http://www.torontopearson.com/index.aspx#
Thank you. I sent him screen shots of the terminal signs and such. Very helpful site.

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Thank you Sammy!

I am from BC and I have taken a connecting flight through Toronto many times. It seems strange but you do have to go through security again when making a connection. It does feel like you are going out of the airport and then going straight back in.
When you return to Canada you are going through immigration and customs, so you have to pick up your luggage and then re-check it. You then have to go through security again when taking your next flight. One thing I found out was that if you are buying alcohol at the duty free at the airport, you have to pack this in your luggage when you are re-checking your bags as you are not allowed to take liquids with you through security when taking a connecting flight.

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
HELLO FAM,

IT HAS BEEN 3 MONTHS SINCE I HAVE BEEN BACK ON HERE. I DONT KNOW WHERE TO TURN... ALL MY FILE SAYS IS APPLICATION RECEIVED OCT 22, 2013. MY RPRF HAS NOT BEEN PAID YET, BUT I AM GONNA JUST PAY IT THIS WEEK AND NOT WAIT FOR THEM TO ASK. IS THIS NORMAL TO NOT HEAR ANYTHING AT ALL FROM KINGSTON AFTER SO MANY MONTH? ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT? OR DO I JUST WAIT? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
BullsBelle said:
HELLO FAM,

IT HAS BEEN 3 MONTHS SINCE I HAVE BEEN BACK ON HERE. I DONT KNOW WHERE TO TURN... ALL MY FILE SAYS IS APPLICATION RECEIVED OCT 22, 2013. MY RPRF HAS NOT BEEN PAID YET, BUT I AM GONNA JUST PAY IT THIS WEEK AND NOT WAIT FOR THEM TO ASK. IS THIS NORMAL TO NOT HEAR ANYTHING AT ALL FROM KINGSTON AFTER SO MANY MONTH? ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT? OR DO I JUST WAIT? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
It is normal not to hear anything from them. Sometimes the only thing you hear is the request for PPR. You could always order your notes to see if anything has been done on your file.

Don't stress out hun....just remain positive that they are working hard on your file :)

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
[size=10pt][size=10pt]THANKS... I FIGURED I JUST HAVE TO WAIT. I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT HAVE GOT THROUGH IN MY ABSENCE AND I HOPE ALL OF US THAT ARE WAITING, DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT MUCH LONGER.

#STAYBLESSED
[/size][/size]

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
BullsBelle said:
HELLO FAM,

Sammy is definitely correct... just wait it out.

You're at about the 6 month mark, right? I think that when my stir crazy started kicking in and I couldn't figure out why you hear NOTHING. When we know our applications are pretty straight forward, it becomes even more frustrating for many of us. Patience is a virtuous and Immigration is a test of that virtue :-*

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Hey Forum, I have a message for you all:

"Hello from Jamaica!"
~Love~
CW89

;D :p :-*

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
Ninirae said:
Sammy is definitely correct... just wait it out.

You're at about the 6 month mark, right? I think that when my stir crazy started kicking in and I couldn't figure out why you hear NOTHING. When we know our applications are pretty straight forward, it becomes even more frustrating for many of us. Patience is a virtuous and Immigration is a test of that virtue :-*
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]The 22nd of this month will mark 6 months... I am more than happy to wait, but I don't even know if Kingston got my application. How long do i assume that they did? Do they not confirm that they have my husband's Permanent residence app? I called the toll free number on my end and they said its up to Kingston from here..... I guess i will have to order notes. Please tell me again how I do that...[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
BullsBelle said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]The 22nd of this month will mark 6 months... I am more than happy to wait, but I don't even know if Kingston got my application. How long do i assume that they did? Do they not confirm that they have my husband's Permanent residence app? I called the toll free number on my end and they said its up to Kingston from here..... I guess i will have to order notes. Please tell me again how I do that...[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
You can always email them and ask them to confirm receipt of your application as well.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
BullsBelle said:
Hello BullsBelle, I am from the Port of Spain (POS) thread but keep up with this very active JA ladies thread too :D!! Many of us from both threads do not receive Acknowledgements of Receipt (AOR) from the Visa Offices (VOs) when the file lands at the overseas destination. BUT.....CIC are supposed to send out AORs to all applicants within 90 days of receiving the applications at the VOs as part of their "service standard".

The best thing to do is send what is called a CSE or case specific enquiry e-mail (via e-mail) to the Kingston office. Make it brief but include both sponsor and applicant details i.e., any file numbers, full names and dates of birth/marriage and simple ask whether or not your application was received in Kingston. You may or may not get a reply but at least you will have your inquiry documented should you ever need to get your MP's office involved. Also Kingston has been really moving pretty quickly lately on their backlog so think positive and e-mail. You can also order your notes at the same time. It is important that you do follow up from your end as it is your file and you and hubby are the best ones to keep on top of it as the visa officers have hundreds of them to keep straight. I think if you just Google "how to order GCMS notes" you will get the instructions. Blessings.