lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
PinkyM said:
Hi Everyone....having a pretty rough day - I am really wondering right now about my hubby's medicals. Is there a way to find out if they have been extended? In all the times I have ordered my notes, it has never actually said anything about the medicals, so I don't even know where to start. Neveaha did say that it sounds like they are extending his meds since they asked for a police check and RPRF....which we paid with the application, thankfully that has been resolved, but I still feel like I am having an anxiety attack (i'm kind of a worrier - drives hubby crazy!). Tomorrow is hubby's birthday and as awesome as the present I got him is :p I am quite content with being outdone by Kingston!

The ladies and gentleman on here who have been waiting for long periods of time are truly amazing.....strong and patient. I lack patience - in a very big way! Hubby and I have been apart just over 2 years and it is killing me and starting to have a very significant impact on my 2 kids from my previous marriage.

all u can do is continue to be strong....this whole process drives people crazy... woke up today not in the best of mood.. but hey i have life right.. got to be thankful for that...sorry but i couldnt stay 2 years away... im booking my ticket for next month to ja.. 3 weeks... this stress is over bearing.. and a lot of people dont seem to get that...but be strong and continue to pray.. it helps

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
I know it's hard but please try not to let the 25 months processing timeline get you down!

Remember the Stage 2 timeline: "indicate application processing times at Canadian visa offices once Step 1 has been completed. The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Processing times are subject to change."

I believe the increase in these numbers happened because of the strike. We have all seen a HUGE increase in PPR's over the last month and I strongly feel the timelines will decrease in the next quarter.

Keep the faith Jam Fam. :-*

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Nevaeha said:
I know it's hard but please try not to let the 25 months processing timeline get you down!

Remember the Stage 2 timeline: "indicate application processing times at Canadian visa offices once Step 1 has been completed. The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Processing times are subject to change."

I believe the increase in these numbers happened because of the strike. We have all seen a HUGE increase in PPR's over the last month and I strongly feel the timelines will decrease in the next quarter.

Keep the faith Jam Fam. :-*
Thanks - this is very encouraging. Prayers that Kingston keeps up the hard work!

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mrsbrown said:
Pinky. I emailed Kingston to ask if our meds were extended. I also asked my mp to inquire. Both got back to me same day to confirm thy were extended. Hope that helps.
Thanks mrsbrown, I emailed them, so hopefully I will hear back later today!

alyssaanthony

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I've posted to the forum, but I hope everyone is doing well. Things have been really busy with me the past few months.

Congrats to chickie! I actually jumped for joy when I read about PPR. ;D

Question...my husbands criminal record check is no longer valid ( I'm under the assumption it's only valid for 6 months). Should I email KGN or just redo it and send it in? Also.. did anyone send in their application without the PR fee? I'm just starting to wonder if not sending in the payment will increase my wait time significantly or not?

Thanks!

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lovindahubby said:
all u can do is continue to be strong....this whole process drives people crazy... woke up today not in the best of mood.. but hey i have life right.. got to be thankful for that...sorry but i couldnt stay 2 years away... im booking my ticket for next month to ja.. 3 weeks... this stress is over bearing.. and a lot of people dont seem to get that...but be strong and continue to pray.. it helps
I haven't not seen hubby in 2 years - oh my, I would never survive that, I go to see him every 6 weeks! I just meant that we have been living apart for over 2 years! I agree that a lot of people don't understand the stress this causes. Our lives are on hold, we can't move forward and that is extremely difficult. Thanks for the words of encouragement, it helps to know that there are people who understand!

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
Ninirae said:
How is hubby settling in?! And your stepson??? What about the baby.. how much longer???
Hey NiNi. Everyone is still adjusting!! Thanks for asking. Things are becoming more settled and more chaotic all at the same time! Hubby just started his job today so it was the first day of juggling everyones schedules with work and school, it was definitely crazier than usual, but we all made it on time :) Hubby got a car, but we are waiting until next week to put the registration on so it will be a bit easier once we have two vehicles. My step son is settling in well at school, he is enjoying everything about school except when it is cold, because he has to go outside TWICE!! LOL. We are on a countdown for the baby, 6 more weeks.. eeek! I can't wait for him to come, and I can't wait to be off work. Very exciting, and more change and adjustments coming up! haha!

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
Hope all of you are doing well.

Nini, I hope Kingston calls your hubby SOON!

Chickie and DG and Carm, I hope Kingston returns your passports ASAP!! and same for everyone else waiting!!

Have a good day all!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
alyssaanthony said:
Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I've posted to the forum, but I hope everyone is doing well. Things have been really busy with me the past few months.

Congrats to chickie! I actually jumped for joy when I read about PPR. ;D

Question...my husbands criminal record check is no longer valid ( I'm under the assumption it's only valid for 6 months). Should I email KGN or just redo it and send it in? Also.. did anyone send in their application without the PR fee? I'm just starting to wonder if not sending in the payment will increase my wait time significantly or not?

Thanks!
Police Certificates are good for 9 months. When did you do yours? In light of what has been happening with people being asked for new PC from KGN I would suggest that you have him redo it once it is expired and hold on to it until KGN asks for it. Especially if you plan on doing the 21 day one. If your spouse lives close to KGN and can go get it the next day then you can just wait until KGN asks for it. In other areas (well can only speak for MoBay) the fastest you can get PC is 5-7 days.

My husbands expires July 2, 2014 so I am planning on having him go mid June to get new one in MoBay so that he will have it sometime after his present one expires. Then when KGN asks for it we will have it handy and can get it couriered to them the next day! NOW just to have KGN call us within the year of filing will be A M A Z I N G!! Serioiusly hoping and praying that the 25 months does not effect any of us!!!

alyssaanthony

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
Twoheartsonelove said:
Police Certificates are good for 9 months. When did you do yours? In light of what has been happening with people being asked for new PC from KGN I would suggest that you have him redo it once it is expired and hold on to it until KGN asks for it. Especially if you plan on doing the 21 day one. If your spouse lives close to KGN and can go get it the next day then you can just wait until KGN asks for it. In other areas (well can only speak for MoBay) the fastest you can get PC is 5-7 days.

My husbands expires July 2, 2014 so I am planning on having him go mid June to get new one in MoBay so that he will have it sometime after his present one expires. Then when KGN asks for it we will have it handy and can get it couriered to them the next day! NOW just to have KGN call us within the year of filing will be A M A Z I N G!! Serioiusly hoping and praying that the 25 months does not effect any of us!!!
Thanks so much for the correction. His PC is stamped June 4 2013, so it's expired now. So he should redo it then? He won't be happy about that at all.. this process is rough. I hope we can get through by the end of this year as well! Praying for everyone! Thanks for the advice :)

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
Don't feel too discouraged or get yourself down about the increased processing time. If you check out the spreadsheet you can see that many people get processed quicker than the estimated time. I know that it feels like a punch in your gut as I felt the same way when the processing time changed to 22 months but stay strong!

This process will test every part of you and take every ounce of patience that you can find. I know for myself that it has also really tested our marriage. There were some very dark days (I just had a few of those days last week) but remember that this too shall pass. There is light at the end of this immigration tunnel!! We are also all here to encourage and support you when those dark days feel overwhelming!

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
Any recommendations on using DHL or Tara for passport delivery?

Also, does anyone know the closest DHL or Tara to Runaway Bay? I am thinking Ocho Rios?

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
greengurl said:
Don't feel too discouraged or get yourself down about the increased processing time. If you check out the spreadsheet you can see that many people get processed quicker than the estimated time. I know that it feels like a punch in your gut as I felt the same way when the processing time changed to 22 months but stay strong!

This process will test every part of you and take every ounce of patience that you can find. I know for myself that it has also really tested our marriage. There were some very dark days (I just had a few of those days last week) but remember that this too shall pass. There is light at the end of this immigration tunnel!! We are also all here to encourage and support you when those dark days feel overwhelming!
Thanks so much GG - It really is such a test of faith and our marriage...and it's only begun. I've done years of long distance relationship...and after getting married it's so much harder. I'm looking forward for my trip to see him in a few weeks. I definitely need this more than ever :(

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
CanadianWifey89 said:
Thanks so much GG - It really is such a test of faith and our marriage...and it's only begun. I've done years of long distance relationship...and after getting married it's so much harder. I'm looking forward for my trip to see him in a few weeks. I definitely need this more than ever :(

I feel you on doing many years of long distance relationship ( almost 6 total)And it definitely feels much harder now that we are married ( 1 year and a half)

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
longdistanceloves said:
Hope all of you are doing well.

Nini, I hope Kingston calls your hubby SOON!

Chickie and DG and Carm, I hope Kingston returns your passports ASAP!! and same for everyone else waiting!!

Have a good day all!
Thank you :) I hope so too! fingers crossed this week