Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Canuck u still around my friend ,making these fine people smile with your jokes? Trust you are well....and just an FYI ...this forum and the people on here and the support and love got us all through our journey...be kind to one another....KArma lives... Peace

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Good night jamfam
I have a question, if I want to update kingston with more info how do I go about doing that? For eg. Send in like phone bills, more photos,because after sending in my application I went to jamaica for 3 months with my daughter to spend time with hubby. And I received gifts and cards from him. Plus more western union papers are included, and Is it a good idea to send in like paper work(life insurance) with hubby as Beneficiary? Or convos via skype, fb,bbm, etc? Or I shouldn't send in any and just wait and see?

Any answers will be appreciated, thanks!

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
lovindahubby said:
Congrats on the PPR... A next 2013 applicant!!! Kingston is working... May I ask, was your case straight foward?
Well, for starters it took me 8 months to prepare my papers before I filed. When it came to file, my application was almost shy of 2" thick and included everything that transpired in my relationship between 2010-2013. Most of it was spent on organizing the filing. Eventually double and triple checking. Despite all that, my application got sent back May 2013 LOL I forgot to include my CRA income assessments. Once I got those, which took about a week to get to me, I overnight-ed via FedEx. Waited a month. Got my sponsor approval, shortly there after I got my AOR and the waiting game begun on June 3rd. I tried to contact Kingston on numerous occasions in Sept/Oct/Nov and I got no where. All I got was automated responses. So after so much frustration, I started to rely on my MP for my region for assistance and guidance. I must say, the MP Office was amazing! They got me so much information back from Kingston that you can't even get with buying the notes from Kingston as to your status. I even got information on our last two visitor visa applications which we were both dumb founded for their reasoning for the denial. In both cases for the visitor visa, the officer gave exactly same reasoning for the denial despite being better prepared the 2nd time around and meeting the requirements of the first denial. Even my MP was stunned. The MP was able to get me updates on a weekly basis almost on my application. We were offered full support for our application from the MP office due to unfair denials by the Kingston embassy for the visitor visa applications which costs us a combined $300 US. When I had additional documents to send, I provided those to my MP and they forward it to Kingston. Most recent were my travel documents to Jamaica coming this March. The MP office was my liaison between Ottawa and Kingston since Nov 2013. I got way more information through my MP then I ever did on my own and it did not cost me a dime. Last update that I had was, in January 2014 and I was informed that the medical's were received despite being told in November 2013 that they were missing and we may have to redo them. Somehow they were found and deemed current till June 2014. So I was pulling my hair out between November and January. Luckily I still have some hair left! Today, February 3rd, we hear back with a request for my wife's passport and updated police records check for which we have paid $10K JMD. So, hopefully she will get her passport back at end of Feb and she will be able to come back with me in March when I go for my vacation to visit.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
CADsponsor13 said:
Well, for starters it took me 8 months to prepare my papers before I filed. When it came to file, my application was almost shy of 2" thick and included everything that transppired in my relationship between 2010-2013. Most of it was spent on organizing the filing. Eventually double and triple checking. Despite all that, my application got sent back May 2013 LOL I forgot to include my CRA income assessments. Once I got those, which took about a week to get to me, I overnight-ed via FedEx. Waited a month. Got my sponsor approval, shortly there after I got my AOR and the waiting game begun on June 3rd. I tried to contact Kingston on numerous occasions in Sept/Oct/Nov and I got no where. All I got was automated responses. So after so much frustration, I started to rely on my MP for my region for assistance and guidance. I must say, the MP Office was amazing! They got me so much information back from Kingston that you can't even get with buying the notes from Kingston as to your status. I even got information on our last two visitor visa applications which we were both dumb founded for their reasoning for the denial. In both cases for the visitor visa, the officer gave exactly same reasoning for the denial despite being better prepared the 2nd time around and meeting the requirements of the first denial. Even my MP was stunned. The MP was able to get me updates on a weekly basis almost on my application. We were offered full support for our application from the MP office due to unfair denials by the Kingston embassy for the visitor visa applications which costs us a combined $300 US. When I had additional documents to send, I provided those to my MP and they forward it to Kingston. Most recent were my travel documents to Jamaica coming this March. The MP office was my liaison between Ottawa and Kingston since Nov 2013. I got way more information through my MP then I ever did on my own and it did not cost me a dime. Last update that I had was, in January 2014 and I was informed that the medical's were received despite being told in November 2013 that they were missing and we may have to redo them. Somehow they were found and deemed current till June 2014. So I was pulling my hair out between November and January. Luckily I still have some hair left! Today, February 3rd, we hear back with a request for my wife's passport and updated police records check for which we have paid $10K JMD. So, hopefully she will get her passport back at end of Feb and she will be able to come back with me in March when I go for my vacation to visit.

Wow this is great. As for a visiting visa I also let my hubby applied for one. As in he never left the conutry before and this was during the time of my pregnancy and my family booked flights to go back homw( EVERYBODY) so they were returning when my baby was due. So he applied to come help me out while I was pregnant and I went on mat leave early since I was having a hard preagnancy. Threaten premature labour, in and out of hospital and he got denied because " funds and because we were married they think he would come and never go back" saying this I just said fuck it and just send in the application..
Same thing happen to me. I send in the application on April 30,2013, I missed a signature on a form and they need option C prinout. But I got this mail on july 15, I send it back on july 30th and I got approved August 7,2013 and it was sent to kington September 3... But the claim to received it the 24th..

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
CADsponsor13 said:
Well, for starters it took me 8 months to prepare my papers before I filed. When it came to file, my application was almost shy of 2" thick and included everything that transpired in my relationship between 2010-2013. Most of it was spent on organizing the filing. Eventually double and triple checking. Despite all that, my application got sent back May 2013 LOL I forgot to include my CRA income assessments. Once I got those, which took about a week to get to me, I overnight-ed via FedEx. Waited a month. Got my sponsor approval, shortly there after I got my AOR and the waiting game begun on June 3rd. I tried to contact Kingston on numerous occasions in Sept/Oct/Nov and I got no where. All I got was automated responses. So after so much frustration, I started to rely on my MP for my region for assistance and guidance. I must say, the MP Office was amazing! They got me so much information back from Kingston that you can't even get with buying the notes from Kingston as to your status. I even got information on our last two visitor visa applications which we were both dumb founded for their reasoning for the denial. In both cases for the visitor visa, the officer gave exactly same reasoning for the denial despite being better prepared the 2nd time around and meeting the requirements of the first denial. Even my MP was stunned. The MP was able to get me updates on a weekly basis almost on my application. We were offered full support for our application from the MP office due to unfair denials by the Kingston embassy for the visitor visa applications which costs us a combined $300 US. When I had additional documents to send, I provided those to my MP and they forward it to Kingston. Most recent were my travel documents to Jamaica coming this March. The MP office was my liaison between Ottawa and Kingston since Nov 2013. I got way more information through my MP then I ever did on my own and it did not cost me a dime. Last update that I had was, in January 2014 and I was informed that the medical's were received despite being told in November 2013 that they were missing and we may have to redo them. Somehow they were found and deemed current till June 2014. So I was pulling my hair out between November and January. Luckily I still have some hair left! Today, February 3rd, we hear back with a request for my wife's passport and updated police records check for which we have paid $10K JMD. So, hopefully she will get her passport back at end of Feb and she will be able to come back with me in March when I go for my vacation to visit.
And I also emailed kingston about hubby medicals and police record been expired, they said they are waiting for a medical issuance and futher documentations may be rquired.. I didn't order notes either, don't want to be dissapointed..

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
lovindahubby said:
And I also emailed kingston about hubby medicals and police record been expired, they said they are waiting for a medical issuance and futher documentations may be rquired.. I didn't order notes either, don't want to be dissapointed..
In my opinion, notes are a waste of time and money...if you are able to get in touch with your local MP office and ask for assistance, I would highly recommend that route. The MP offices are there for a reason to help Canadian Citizens through these types of ordeals. I have no regrets in contacting my MP, I only wish that I did it sooner.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
CADsponsor13 said:
In my opinion, notes are a waste of time and money...if you are able to get in touch with your local MP office and ask for assistance, I would highly recommend that route. The MP offices are there for a reason to help Canadian Citizens through these types of ordeals. I have no regrets in contacting my MP, I only wish that I did it sooner.
Thanks for the info CADsponsor13. Congrats again!

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
lovindahubby said:
Thanks for the info CADsponsor13. Congrats again!
Thank you, all the best to you as well! Once I have a further update on when we get the passport back I will post an update before March 10th.

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
frankfield said:
I admire your bravery.. This is new for me, someone wanting to engage me intellectually. I humbly accept your offer. Please share.
Knowledge is the key...90% live in ignorance, while only 10% want or choose to acquire knowledge. I personally love engaging in stimulating conversations and discussions.

- Transient servitude: Migrant labour in Canada and the apartheid of citizenship - Author: Harsha Walia
- The Racial subtext in Canada's Immigration Discourse - Author: Peter S. Li
- Advancing Social Inclusion: The Implications for Criminal Law and Policy - Elizabeth Sheehy

Please take a read through...If you cannot access these articles I can send you the PDF version. Feel free to PM with your thoughts or questions.

I will make a few interesting points for those who may not want to complete the long read:

The government's position on Immigration has always and continues to be connected to Labour shortages. Immigration plays the role of filling the gaps and meeting a quota to continue the government's agenda for economic growth and increase. When selecting the "ideal" individuals to fulfill Canada's vision they must fit into one of a few categories: labourers, investors, or elites. If a capital gain cannot be attributed to "their" entry then they are either excluded or delayed entry into this great country. This is commonly referred to as the "Desired" and "Undesired" Immigrants.

Check the following for yourself: "Chinese Head Tax" & "The Continuous Passage Act" These are only a couple of highlights from Canada's checkered past and stance on Immigration. This was before they came up with the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

The current program is no better than indentured servitude. I could elaborate more...but I believe my lecture session has been long enough.

Food for thought...Workers/Farmers on the Federal Skilled Worker program pay our taxes such as E.I. however, they are not afforded to collect this benefit in the event of an injury.

I hope I did not ruffle any feathers or go off on a tangent...I sincerely believe that we can only know where we are going, if we know where we are coming from.

Stay Sweet as Always!!!

DG

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
lexi said:
I have quite a lot of friends who have come on this visa and it's absolutely true. It makes me sick toy stomach the way these wonderful and hard working people are being treated.
It is terrible that our government and a first world country like Canada; allows this to continue.

I have heard horror stories of the living conditions and the unequal/unfair treatment they receive.

Do not get me wrong not all employers on the Skilled Worker Program are horrid but the really really bad apples make it bad.

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
CADsponsor13 said:
Don't have to tell me that twice. I am white. My wife is black. A few days ago where I live I saw a bus at a stop light. There was a black girl with a baby stroller rushing to the bus stop. She stood there waiting by the bus to open the door. I swear. If I was a cop, I'd turn on my lights and park right in front of that bus and give him *censored word* until he opened those doors and let that girl in. And they wonder why bus drivers get beat up. What an asshole.
The injustices of the world are just that...Smh!!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
CADsponsor13 said:
I was also told that our medicals were lost and we would need to redo them. I was like "hell no!!!" I had to get my MP to email them to finally get answers and for them to locate them. All is good now and on my notes they say they are valid until June 11/14. They were extended by 6 months.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Good night jamfam
I have a question, if I want to update kingston with more info how do I go about doing that? For eg. Send in like phone bills, more photos,because after sending in my application I went to jamaica for 3 months with my daughter to spend time with hubby. And I received gifts and cards from him. Plus more western union papers are included, and Is it a good idea to send in like paper work(life insurance) with hubby as Beneficiary? Or convos via skype, fb,bbm, etc? Or I shouldn't send in any and just wait and see?

Any answers will be appreciated, thanks!
You can send in a case specific email where you can attach documents:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/kingston.asp

I sent in Western Union papers and my itinerary from my trips. I am not sure about the convos on skype etc.....I would think that if you already sent them in with your application then adding more wouldn't be needed but I could be wrong...it is just my thoughts. Follow your heart and what you think is right!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
chickie72 said:
You can send in a case specific email where you can attach documents:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/kingston.asp

I sent in Western Union papers and my itinerary from my trips. I am not sure about the convos on skype etc.....I would think that if you already sent them in with your application then adding more wouldn't be needed but I could be wrong...it is just my thoughts. Follow your heart and what you think is right!
Thanks chickie

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
OMG!!!! :eek:

AOR from Kingston!!! :eek:

"Your husband's application was received by the Kingston office and is in progress"

Doesn't look like a generic email - very informal.