February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
danielle902 said:
I Checked Ecas last night and still nothing

when i checked it today around 12 ish - it said in process

Orered 2 sets of notes April and june (i think) They both said nothing

Didint see anything of value in them so i didnt order them again
Thanks for sharing! Did you redo medical on your own or have they extended it? I'm nosy nelly today.

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
longdistanceloves said:
Thanks for sharing! Did you redo medical on your own or have they extended it? I'm nosy nelly today.
they must have extended it..
Didnt notify me but thats okay... ive only been emailing since august 8th ( six separate occasions) to find out if it was extended or not...
im not complaining though lol

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
danielle902 said:
question for everyone that has landed already...

Do you get back all your stuff? proof you sent?
I sent all cards bday, anniversary, wedding... my old passport... things i want back

How do you request it back. Dont want to email them and rock the boat.. and annoy them.. so they will keep his passport for another 3 months lol

thanks for all the well wishes. told my husband he can call me tonight if he has troubles sleeping. cause god knows i wont be sleeping much lol

Much love

D <3
Congrats!!! And yes, they will return it with pp in ur DHL envelope

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
Jamgirl said:
Congrats!!! And yes, they will return it with pp in ur DHL envelope
I Hope so..
Thing is ... my package was so large i wonder if it would fit?
:eek: Hope i get it back! :-X

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
Nevaeha said:
Hi Jam Fam!!!! :D

My hubby went to Kingston today at 4:30am to drop off his passport and itinerary. Although the woman he spoke to on Friday didn't tell him he needed to bring a pre-paid return envelope we wanted to make sure we dotted all of our i's and crossed all of our t's. Hubby went to DHL in SAV on Saturday only to find out that that location does not have those envelopes. He was going to go to MoBay but we decided against it and hoped/prayed that KG would tell him to come pick up his passport.

Hubby arrived in KG early and went to the High Commission and spoke to the guard. The guard was very rude and Mr. Nev said he looked right through him. The guard told him there was absolutely no drop offs on Mondays and to come back tomorrow. Mr. Nev stood his ground and said he was told to drop off his documents today. After a lengthy discussion the guard told him to come back at 1:30pm. When hubby called I could hear the discouragement in his voice. I calmly told him not to waste another second thinking about how the guard treated him. He had four hours to kill so I told him to get something to eat and to find out where the nearest DHL location was incase an envelope was requested. We talked a couple of more times and I could tell hubby was starting to feel better.

From 1:30pm to 2pm I was on pins and needles because we had no idea if he was just supposed to drop off his documents or if he had to go into the High Commission. When my phone rang and I picked it up I could feel hubby's smile across the miles.

When he went back there was a different guard and when my hubby told him what happened earlier, the guard apologized and said the guy was new and there was a mix up. He told my hubby to go inside and drop off his passport and itinerary. Mr. Nev was pretty impressed with the High Commission. He said they scanned him, took his phone, and iPod. He said a very nice white lady helped him. She had short dark hair and a nice face with some years on it! lol! He handed her his passport and itinerary and asked if there was anything else she needed. I told him to take EVERYTHING with him incase he was asked for it - original marriage certificate, original birth certificate, Schedule A, address change, etc. She told him that was all that she needed except his DHL envelope. Hubby told her he was not asked to bring an envelope and then she told him the visa officer would call him when it is time to pick up his passport/visa.

Mr. Nev is currently floating home on cloud 9!!!

So that's where things are at as of today!
:D
I ran into this problem in Sav too.

I phoned DHL and they said the only people that are able to ship passports to the embassy with a return envelope, are the people that work at the main Depots. which are Mobay, and Kgn..

we chose to go to Montego Bay to drop it off.

My Husband said there were tons of people at the depo looking for their passport to be returned, but from what he could see it was mostly from the USA, He didnt hear anyone asking about canada. i dont think i would want to work there LOL

Good thing your husband was lucky and got through... :) funny thing when the embassy called they told my husband he could drop it off tuesday wednesday or thursday in between 1-230
If my husband had listened to them and dropped it off at the high commission... he could have been "SOL" :(
I wish everyone at that place would get on the same page ???

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Nevaeha said:
Thanks saskia -- you are too kind. :-*

It's hard to imagine not being on the forum on a regular basis. It has been a HUGE part of my every day life for so long now. I wonder if there's a forum anonymous I can join so I don't go through withdrawal!!!!

Maybe you could start one for all us Jam Fam post-immigration where you can talk about the transition into the "new normal" and share how hubby/or/wifey are adjusting to our culture here, to families and friends, seeing the snow, slipping on the ice ;D that kind of stuff!!

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
chickie72 said:
well we won't let you be quiet and shy about PPR and landing stories......so out with the landing story! Do tell!
:D my landing story isn't very exciting. In all the times I have travelled to canada for me this trip was pretty fast, got off the plane about 7:20... Customs was empty so I walked up, told the officer I was landing he said welcome to canada and directed me to another room where I just walked up to another officer, she signed and stamped my papers and had me sign, told me welcome... She was very nice... Told me my pr card will come in 6-8 weeks. Went to another room, got booklets and magazines, Ohip form and sin info. Got my bags, passed another officer , he asked if I had shipped stuff, I said no, he said welcome and I may go. Boyfriend met me at airport as mom had previous engagement.

That's all, sorry there wasn't much to tell. It was all pretty fast, one of the fastest I have ever came through Pearsons.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth&amp; Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med &amp; PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Good Morning JamFam;

Let's keep those positive thoughts going; let go and let God.

Kingston; great work, keep it up! ;)

SheriB; a big Congratulations and all the best ;D

Nev; Mr. Nev deserves to be on cloud 9 after all you both have been through. :)

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
sheriB said:
:D my landing story isn't very exciting. In all the times I have travelled to canada for me this trip was pretty fast, got off the plane about 7:20... Customs was empty so I walked up, told the officer I was landing he said welcome to canada and directed me to another room where I just walked up to another officer, she signed and stamped my papers and had me sign, told me welcome... She was very nice... Told me my pr card will come in 6-8 weeks. Went to another room, got booklets and magazines, Ohip form and sin info. Got my bags, passed another officer , he asked if I had shipped stuff, I said no, he said welcome and I may go. Boyfriend met me at airport as mom had previous engagement.

That's all, sorry there wasn't much to tell. It was all pretty fast, one of the fastest I have ever came through Pearsons.
Well it is still a landing story and we thrive on those! We get to live it through someone elses eyes and hears and words! Thanks so much and welcome to Canada!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
saskia said:
COngrats to all who received PPR..Nev and chickie after u guys are gone the forum will never be the same..

@ Jamnic
I had also used TARA after my ecas change to decision made about a week after i received an email from the embassy informing me that they sent it with them..I know the waiting sucks but continue to hold the faith u will soon get ur pp back
As much as I love and hate coming here sometimes :), it has been a part of my life for so long that it will be hard to let it go! @ at the addiction centre for forum members....

Good morning everyone! What does Kingston have for us today! Come on, give us some more good news this week!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth&amp; Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med &amp; PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
sheriB said:

Still a landing story SheriB; and I appreciate you sharing with us :)

Was your sponsorship spousal? If you don't mind saying?

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical &amp; PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
sheriB said:

Hello, I wasn't on the forum when u had joined, so maybe I missed it... I was wondering what type of sponsorship you applied for, was it your mother who sponsored you? or other?...Thanks... ;D

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
Kadi27 said:
Still a landing story SheriB; and I appreciate you sharing with us :)

Was your sponsorship spousal? If you don't mind saying?
It's okay, I'm a dependent child... Older than 22 years continuously in school.

sheriB

Star Member
Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2012
CanJam said:
Hello, I wasn't on the forum when u had joined, so maybe I missed it... I was wondering what type of sponsorship you applied for, was it your mother who sponsored you? or other?...Thanks... ;D
Yes, my mother.

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
danielle902 said:
they must have extended it..
Didnt notify me but thats okay... ive only been emailing since august 8th ( six separate occasions) to find out if it was extended or not...
im not complaining though lol
hahaha! That sounds about right. Kingston!

Good Morning Everyone. I hope there is more good news this week, more 2012's to go home. But I am very happy with all the work and all the spouses Kingston has been calling. Good for them. I don't know if they like to send spouses home for the holidays? or if it really is that they like to send them at the coldest time of the year, lol. Either way, I will take my call anytime!! :):)