None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
oneandonly said:
That was a wrong way to put it I must say. You didn't have to shove it down her throat like that "you made a mistake pay for it". She's going through a hard time she knows what she did why smack her in the face with it? If you have negativity keep it to yourself I'm here to uplift her not critize her.
I ment this long process misssss nothing else behind it. some people always try to find the negativity in everything even wen there is everything to be greatful for.

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
Nevaeha said:
As always, the ray of sunshine! Love you, girl -- thanks for your phone call and support today! :-*
:-*

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Nevaeha said:
You are not losing an arm, Chickie, you gained a sister for life! Thank you for all of your support today/every day and crying with me on the phone. I never could have gotten through this journey without you. I.LOVE.YOU.! :-*

And yes, once you hit rock bottom there's nowhere to go but up! I was a rock bottom long before my hubby and I jokingly thanked him for meeting me there so we could finally get PPR!!!!

This is definitely a +1 moment..... (since it can't be a kodak moment!) I love you back my sister! :-*

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
oneandonly said:
Just how you worded it that's all doesn't seem to uplifting but that's you.
Maybe its ur level of sensitivity at this point makes everything u read or see seems negative, even ur silver lining u interpreted as negative.

Jamnic

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2012
File Transfer...
31-08-2012
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-27-2013 Happiest Day of my Life!!!
chickie72 said:
@ jamnic.......have you been tracking your passport? Any movement yet? You and mismine sent yours in the same day! Come on Kingston send those pp's back to the spouses so they can be united for christmas

My husband has not received his passport back. I been emailing Kingston to provide status and they haven't replied :).

However Nevaeha I am so happy for you!! I am sure that we all feel the excitement and the happiness you are going through right now !! Congratulations!!!

Jamnic

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2012
File Transfer...
31-08-2012
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
Jamnic said:
My husband has not received his passport back. I been emailing Kingston to provide status and they haven't replied :(

However Nevaeha I am so happy for you!! I am sure that we all feel the excitement and the happiness you are going through right now !! Congratulations!!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Jamnic said:
My husband has not received his passport back. I been emailing Kingston to provide status and they haven't replied :).

What is KG waiting for? Your hubby needs his passport back STAT!!! :D

Thank you for your kind words -- we are beyond happy!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Nevaeha said:
Thanks ldh!!!!! :D

Yes, KG needs to finalize the 2012 applications and move onto the ones submitted in 2013!!!

This was a rough year and I truly hope processing times decrease in 2014 -- family reunification NEEDS to become a top priority. Please everyone, remember this during the next Federal election.

I kno it was rough... im hoping it picks up in 2014

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Nevaeha said:
Good evening Jam Fam!!!! :D

Thank you so much for your amazing posts, prayers, pm's, phone calls, and fb messages -- hubby and I are overwhelmed with the love.

Last night hubby phoned me and told me he was lonely and he that he was so tired of this process. I have never heard him sound so low and it broke my heart. We decided to have a Skype date and that made it even worse. My hubby was lying in bed curled up in the fetal position sobbing uncontrollably. It killed me to see him this way and there was nothing I could do to console him. He told me he had to hang up and that he would call me back. When he called me back he was still down but he was much calmer. We talked for a long time and had a good cry together, said good-bye and hung up.

Before I went to sleep I prayed to God and Nelson Mandela (seriously) and asked them to see us through the immigration process.

And just like that, my prayers were answered. Okay, it wasn't that easy, I have cried an ocean of tears, prayed, begged, kicked, yelled, and screamed my way through this process...

Here is how the call from my hubby went down this morning:

*ring*ring*ring*ring* (my call display indicates my hubby is calling)

Nev: 'Hi Pooky'
Mr Nev: 'Honey, we got it'
Nev: 'Got, what?'

Then Mr Nev goes into Patois and I started bawling like a baby...I don't even remember what he was saying and I told him to call me back. So he calls me back (about 100 times today!) and this is how I remember the conversation. His phone rang this morning and it was from a blocked number. It was a lady with a Jamaican accent and she asked if she was speaking with Mr Nev. She then told him his application would be finalized if he could fly to Canada before January 6. He said yes. She asked him this three times and each time he said yes. She told him he had to be in KG on Monday and to bring his passport and flight itinerary.

So today was a mad scramble because I had to cancel our trip to Sandals Whitehouse :'( , change my flight to JA that I booked for January, book my hubby's flight to Canada, and send him the itinerary. I also had to juggle work obligations to make everything happen for our December flight home - 'secret date' to be announced in our landing story. ;)

Hubby and I decided a long time ago that we weren't going to tell anyone when he was coming to Canada so it could be a BIG surprise! I did tell him that I would be sharing our wonderful news with the Jam Fam. And thank goodness I have all of you because I am terrible at keeping secrets of this magnitude!!!!!

And that, my dear friends, is the PPR story for Mr and Mrs Nev. :D

For those of you that know my story you may remember that my hubby's medical was extended for a year which is why KG asked if he could land by January 6 when it was going to expire AGAIN. You may also recall that I ordered our GCMS notes SEVERAL times and the statuses (excluding medical) were all NOT STARTED -- right up until the most recent ones that were printed on November 26. Our last due date was April 2013.

I sent an email to KG Tuesday morning, the day after I received the GCMS notes asking them for an update on our application and gently reminded them of their request for RPRF, police certificate re-do, and the pending medical extension expiration from February 2013. I didn't receive a response from KG so I will never know if it was coincidence that they requested my hubby's passport, if they always knew they were going to ask for it one month before hubby had to land, or if my email nudged them to go look for the application that was collecting dust since April 2013. And you know what, at this point, it doesn't even matter because my hubby is coming home.

I will always be thankful for this forum and the wonderful people I have met because of it. Nobody will ever know what we have gone through and we have a bond for life even if we go our separate ways. This has been one CrAzY long banana boat ride and I'm grateful that it's almost time for me to get off; however, you can count on me to be cheering for each of you through your journeys.

Thank you my Jam Fam, thank you for everything...
:-*
Halfmoon here ;D ;D

**Waves** @ the old and new!!!

I've never forgotten about the spirit of this forum and recall this being the season of magical reunions right here. Soooo I logged in and saw all sorts of purple and had to find out what the grand excitement was about.

So without further a due.... Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Nev!!! Take it all in, it's a wonderful feeling and once he's here, I promise the long journey will be a distant memory, why? Because there will be so many new one's to make!!!

Neveaha, this one's for you beautiful!

Doing it like how we did "back in the days" ------->

*****THROWS CONFETTI!!!******

It's been a busy year @ the Halfmoon home and we're doing awesome! We're getting ready for our first vacation in a few weeks and no, it won't be JA!! HAHA!! We're saving that for our anniversary next August!

PS
Chickie, I WILL be back soon - saved a whole lot of confetti for you too.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Talk about rusty. ::)

It took me 5 tries to get the color, font, and everything else right.

Ciao bellas.

Jamnic

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2012
File Transfer...
31-08-2012
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
Nevaeha said:
What is KG waiting for? Your hubby needs his passport back STAT!!! :D

Thank you for your kind words -- we are beyond happy!
I don't know what Kingston is doing...maybe I harassed them too much. Lol. I wished it was sent back last week because my husbands bday is this Sunday coming up and I wished I was with him to celebrate. But since that's not possible I hope they send back the PP before my bday Dec.28th so we can at least celebrate together.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Halfmoon said:
Halfmoon here ;D ;D

**Waves** @ the old and new!!!

I've never forgotten about the spirit of this forum and recall this being the season of magical reunions right here. Soooo I logged in and saw all sorts of purple and had to find out what the grand excitement was about.

So without further a due.... Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Nev!!! Take it all in, it's a wonderful feeling and once he's here, I promise the long journey will be a distant memory, why? Because there will be so many new one's to make!!!

Neveaha, this one's for you beautiful!

Doing it like how we did "back in the days" ------->

*****THROWS CONFETTI!!!******

It's been a busy year @ the Halfmoon home and we're doing awesome! We're getting ready for our first vacation in a few weeks and no, it won't be JA!! HAHA!! We're saving that for our anniversary next August!

PS
Chickie, I WILL be back soon - saved a whole lot of confetti for you too.
Awww, Moonie, thanks for the confetti! :-*

Enjoy the non-Jamaican vacay!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Jamnic said:
I don't know what Kingston is doing...maybe I harassed them too much. Lol. I wished it was sent back last week because my husbands bday is this Sunday coming up and I wished I was with him to celebrate. But since that's not possible I hope they send back the PP before my bday Dec.28th so we can at least celebrate together.
Hola, aww you have the same bday as my hubby I am the 11th

Flowers18

Jul 4, 2013
Congratulations Nev very happy for and hubby, on a selfish note I hope you still come around the forum and give great advice ;) it is comforting reading yours and chickies posts