Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
good morning everyone and happy friday....
hoping for some good news
end of the week kgn give us something to celebrate

i am not by any mean psychic ( actually those who know me would more say i am psycho :p :p :p)
but any ways last night i had a dream that i signed on here and read posts that ice and jamigirl had recieved there visas ....maybe it because last night before i went to bed i sat up thinking about all of you who are waiting so long and have not heard anything and was thanking god for my blessing ..... either way i hope my dream is a reality for both of you soon along with all the others from 2011 ....and lets not forgett all of us 2012's who are in the wait as well

kgn there are so many still waiting do us proud

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning!

CSIS does background and security clearances, yes. However, bear in mind that the local offices in the various provinces will deal with Inland applicants, not Outland ones. Outland applicants are checked by locally-stationed officers who actually work out of the VO's. The only time a provincial office will be engaged is if the applicant is actually in Canada, or was in Canada at one point, but the final work is done by the on-site officer. Especially is this so because some persons must be interviewed on their background to ensure they are actually admissible. Applicants with a history of military service, applicants with a history of political or social activism, their background/security clearances can take quite a while, because CSIS must determine that they have not engaged in political or military activity that could render them inadmissible (for example, being associated with regimes or organisations that Canada has deemed "terrorist").

RFMO, from your dreams to KG's ears! NNNEEEXXXTTTT!!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
RFMO - what a great dream; I hope it comes true!

Charlie - you are so incredibly knowlegeable of all things 'immigration'; I really appreciate all of your wisdom and insight. I think it's wonderful that you continue to visit the forum and educate us even though your journey is complete.

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!

icesfluffy

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
burlington,toronto, sauga, ontairo
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 23, 2011
AOR Received.
nov 10, 2011
File Transfer...
NOV,10,2011
Med's Done....
JULY,20,2011
RFMO.....i will take ur dreams any day lol hopefullly that was a good luck push lol

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ready wat an awesome dream i hope it cums to reality gud mornin forum family n have a fun filled dat tgif n its my day off walked my princess to school on another note kingston us way too quiet cummmmm gud news welcum who god bless ur time is very near stick n stay as for Charlie i believe u shud do immigration law u r so educative n knowledgeable big ups its a great forum god bless u all my status still says application received have given up on checking i will jus have to wait im in kitchener wat a gud rain but only ting hubby missing Censored wrd kingsttttooonnbb Nexxxttttt

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to ask a question if u apply for housing can that affect ur application any at all n hiw do u know that kingston has received ur application i got sponsor approval in july and since the in ecas it shiws decision made and app received is there a typical time frame it changes to in process n wat is the notes everyone is referring to? will they email u or how do ur spouse know do they mail call or email as means of communication is there an email for kingston? Can someone provide it thanks

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
CharlieD10 said:
Good morning!

CSIS does background and security clearances, yes. However, bear in mind that the local offices in the various provinces will deal with Inland applicants, not Outland ones. Outland applicants are checked by locally-stationed officers who actually work out of the VO's. The only time a provincial office will be engaged is if the applicant is actually in Canada, or was in Canada at one point, but the final work is done by the on-site officer. Especially is this so because some persons must be interviewed on their background to ensure they are actually admissible. Applicants with a history of military service, applicants with a history of political or social activism, their background/security clearances can take quite a while, because CSIS must determine that they have not engaged in political or military activity that could render them inadmissible (for example, being associated with regimes or organisations that Canada has deemed "terrorist").

RFMO, from your dreams to KG's ears! NNNEEEXXXTTTT!!!
Good morning all!!!

Thanks for your note Charlie - From what I've gathered security/background checks whether inland or outland are all performed by CSIS in conjuntion with other global agencies depending on where the PR applicant has resided or travelled to. That they are the agency administered to handle/obtain intelligence data for the purposes of immigration? Additionally background checks relating to education/work history are carried out by the locally engaged employees.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
So I have a question and I though there was no where better to get answers than here since you all have been so helpful to me .
My brother in law and his girlfriend have decided to take the next step so it seems that we will have a new addition to our little family here soon as she is in Toronto and he is Jamaica. However before they start the sponsorship process and decide what they are gonna do they came to me with a mountain of questions.
I advised them as best as possible but there are a few I was not able to help with so hopefully you all can help me out on theses

1. She is currently on social assistance (welfare ) I know that you can’t be a sponsor while on welfare but she is coming off at the end of this month as she now has a part time job and is going back to school. The question on this is how long do you have to be off welfare before you can be eligible to be a sponsor?
2. Can one sponsor a partner while getting ossap(student loan)?
Any help on these questions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
RFMO, she just needs to be off social assistance, it is being on it that makes her ineligible. She can give herself some time to get herself sorted, to make sure she is able to budget her income without social assistance and manage school and so on, and then make the application. Since it will take time for them to get all their documents sorted, by the time they have an application ready she will have been off it for at least 4-6 months or more. Yes, she can sponsor him while receiving OSAP, student loans and subsidised housing, child tax credits, none of these disqualify a sponsor.

Hey HalfMoon *waves* You are correct, CSIS is the agency that handles intelligence data for Immigration, among other functions of course (Canada's James Bonds, haha!). My only point was you can't call the local office in, say ON if you live there, to find out about processing of background/security checks for an Outland applicant who is actually in Jamaica (unfortunately!), that information is locally-held. If, though, an applicant was in Canada or applying Inland and your queries about the length of processing time were answered with "background/security checks are not complete", then you can file a request with the HQ and ask them what's taking so long. For applicants who have never been to Canada, it is the local CSIS officer in the VO who will have that information (yes, they station spies in embassies, LOL.) I didn't have it on mine, but sometimes GCMS notes will have information blacked out, which cannot be released even under the Privacy Act, because it concerns security matters. That is the work of CSIS.

The rapid changes in the weather are having quite an effect on me. I am dreading coming down with the flu, it's been more than a couple years since I have had it, and I really don't want it. Last year I had bronchitis and wasn't too happy then, either. Meh.

Come on, KG, give us something to cheer about this weekend!!! :)

AMANDAWOOD

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec-15-2011
Med's Done....
sent with orignal appliction
Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
HELLO MY LOVLIES
STOPPING BY TO SAY HELLO AND LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT
ON WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 12 @ 2:38 AM AND 7 MINUTES LATER AT 2:43 AM
MY LITTLE FAMILY BECAME A BIG FAMILY AS TRISTAN ALLAN WOOD CAME INTO THIS WORLD AT 3LBS 7 OUNCES AND TESHAYA MORGAN WOOD @ 3LBS 1 OUNCE
We are all doing well and by gods grace should all be able to go home in a few days.
Drs are keeping us here until they grow a little more weight and I refuse to go home without them so
Here we all are. As always my dears you are all in my prayers and with Gods glory you will all be reunited with you families soon.
God bless you all family welcome to the newcomers here and congrats to all who have been contacted by kgn.
Once life gets back on a normal level I will check back in with you and post some pic.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Aww congratulations and jubilations, Amandawood!!! :D :D :D

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
CharlieD10 said:
Hey HalfMoon *waves* You are correct, CSIS is the agency that handles intelligence data for Immigration, among other functions of course (Canada's James Bonds, haha!). My only point was you can't call the local office in, say ON if you live there, to find out about processing of background/security checks for an Outland applicant who is actually in Jamaica (unfortunately!), that information is locally-held. If, though, an applicant was in Canada or applying Inland and your queries about the length of processing time were answered with "background/security checks are not complete", then you can file a request with the HQ and ask them what's taking so long. For applicants who have never been to Canada, it is the local CSIS officer in the VO who will have that information (yes, they station spies in embassies, LOL.) I didn't have it on mine, but sometimes GCMS notes will have information blacked out, which cannot be released even under the Privacy Act, because it concerns security matters. That is the work of CSIS.

The rapid changes in the weather are having quite an effect on me. I am dreading coming down with the flu, it's been more than a couple years since I have had it, and I really don't want it. Last year I had bronchitis and wasn't too happy then, either. Meh.

Come on, KG, give us something to cheer about this weekend!!! :)

*waves back* Hi Charlie, thanks for the above!!! Good news about having the CSIS and CBSA migration officer in the local office is that they have more control over this process would you agree? As for the flu, you can perhaps get a flu shot?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Yup totally agreed. Still contemplating a flu shot. *shudders* Needles. :'(

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
CharlieD10 said:
Yup totally agreed. Still contemplating a flu shot. *shudders* Needles. :'(
I've never gotten a flu shot and have been fine without it. But since it's your first winter here, it may be a good idea. But see what your doctor says first. You'll be just fine. ;D