+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Luchan

Jul 9, 2012
Wondering if anyone is in a similar situation or have any ideas/answers.

I filed for my wife & stepdaughter at KG back Nov. 2010 and she got called in for an interview Mar. 2012 were she was asked to re do her meds and police which was submitted and we are still waiting. I was in a common law relationship with a Canadian women which ended in 2004 and had a separation agreement in which she would have custody of our child and i would pay child support which i have been paying since and never been late. She has now reported to me to the family responsibility office since May and i no longer can send money to her only to them. I was late with my payments twice, not in default. Since the FRO took over i'm in default 3 payments which is not a problem for me to get caught up (cheque is in the mail). Personally, i think this is a vindictive move on her part, because she did say to me "we'll see if your wife gets here". For the last 8 years I have been living up to my responsibility in more ways than just financially for my child and now i get this. I'am taking care of things for my other family in Jamaica and we both just wish immigration would just finish with our application its been almost 2 years, my God why do they want to keep us apart for this long ? i can't understand this, because if they had processed the application in the time frame(6-12mos for routine appl.) that they are supposed to follow as per OP2, i would not opened up to be in this position. Can the visa office deny my appl. at this point? t seems like i don't have any rights when it comes to this. To change anything now, it seems I will have to go to the courts.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
daintygirl said:
Morning all, can anyone say how many carry-ons and luggages are allowed on westjet, i checked the website and it says 2 free items of carry-ons but when i called a lady at westjet said u r allowed one piece of carry-on
One carry on and a purse/personal item such as a laptop.

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
ceeallen said:
K....so I have a few issues i wud love 2 deal with...and im dealing with them OPENLY because it was said OPENLY....I dont understand the fact that some1 would actually take what happened in here the other day between two complete strangers, and bring it on FB, calling us "b!tches", and calling us "ignorant''...some1 who they dnt even know and what not.....first of all, i found it very immature seeing as whatever was said has no affect on my life, and im sure it didnt affect ANADA either. We are different ppl, with differnet mentalities, and have different perspectives and ways that we view things...and do misunderstand at some point. What was said was not taking to heart by me...and anyone that says they havent had disagreements with ppl in life need to recheck themself..Whatever was said and done, has been done, and yesterday we came here with positive vybes.....I moved on, and woke up in a great mood today only to see what was posted on the facebook group abt something so petty...and that has little to no relevance in my life at this point....Whoever started that conversation needs to know that he or she has no right to go on facebook to scandalize anybody...what was said was said on here n didnt have to be taken onto facebook...

And I really wanted to say that I will no longer be on this Kingston thread...
I’m so sorry that you’ve had this experience Cee. It’s so unfortunate that some people feel the need to do these things. We’ve only just met but I love your positive vibes and I’d be sad to see you leave.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Luchan said:
Wondering if anyone is in a similar situation or have any ideas/answers.

I filed for my wife & stepdaughter at KG back Nov. 2010 and she got called in for an interview Mar. 2012 were she was asked to re do her meds and police which was submitted and we are still waiting. I was in a common law relationship with a Canadian women which ended in 2004 and had a separation agreement in which she would have custody of our child and i would pay child support which i have been paying since and never been late. She has now reported to me to the family responsibility office since May and i no longer can send money to her only to them. I was late with my payments twice, not in default. Since the FRO took over i'm in default 3 payments which is not a problem for me to get caught up (cheque is in the mail). Personally, i think this is a vindictive move on her part, because she did say to me "we'll see if your wife gets here". For the last 8 years I have been living up to my responsibility in more ways than just financially for my child and now i get this. I'am taking care of things for my other family in Jamaica and we both just wish immigration would just finish with our application its been almost 2 years, my God why do they want to keep us apart for this long ? i can't understand this, because if they had processed the application in the time frame(6-12mos for routine appl.) that they are supposed to follow as per OP2, i would not opened up to be in this position. Can the visa office deny my appl. at this point? t seems like i don't have any rights when it comes to this. To change anything now, it seems I will have to go to the courts.
Being in default of court-ordered payments can become an issue. If you look back at the Sponsorship agreement form, Q 15 asks "Are you in default of a court order to make support payments to spouse, former spouse, common-law partner, former common-law partner or child?"

Remember that these issues can be brought to the attention of the VO and result in a delay of processing, because they must then assess if you remain eligible to sponsor your spouse.

You need to clear up everything with the FRO, try to get something in writing which clearly demonstrates you are in full compliance with the payments. Don't be late ever, and clear up any default currently outstanding.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Listen very carefully, I shall say (OK, type) this only once.

Yes, I know I dated myself with that 'Allo 'Allo reference, but I thought it was good for a laugh.

This place, this forum, much like the phase of your lives that involves Immigration, is temporary. Most of you will be here only until your spouse arrives, and then once all the waiting and hoping is over, you will move on. There will be so much for you to be and to do that whatever goes on here will have no place in your lives. Some persons here you may walk away with as life-long friends, others may be your friends for a season then move on, others you may never be in contact with outside of this forum. And it's ALL GOOD.

This is where you come to share a journey with others walking a parallel path. But it is important to remember that it really isn't that important, nothing to get riled over, or raise your blood pressure over. Before you boil over, ask yourself: Will any of this matter a year from now? 2 years from now? 5 years from now? NO. What will matter is your spouse and your family and the lives you have together.

I've been coming here for 2 years now, almost. Will I be here next year? I don't know. Many of the people I came here and saw waiting never came back once that update was posted that their spouse landed. Some, a few, return from time to time to see what gives. The same will be true, one way or another for all of you. I hang about because I am useful here sometimes, and I like to be useful.

At all times, remember where this forum stands in the overall scheme of things, and give it the appropriate importance, even when conditions are less than idea. Especially when conditions are less than ideal.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
round of applause to you mrs charlieD.... truer words haven never been spoke

FaithfullyWaiting

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
4-2-2012
File Transfer...
25-3-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012
Med's Done....
14-3-2012
CharlieD10 said:

Yes, I know I dated myself with that 'Allo 'Allo reference, but I thought it was good for a laugh.

This place, this forum, much like the phase of your lives that involves Immigration, is temporary. Most of you will be here only until your spouse arrives, and then once all the waiting and hoping is over, you will move on. There will be so much for you to be and to do that whatever goes on here will have no place in your lives. Some persons here you may walk away with as life-long friends, others may be your friends for a season then move on, others you may never be in contact with outside of this forum. And it's ALL GOOD.

This is where you come to share a journey with others walking a parallel path. But it is important to remember that it really isn't that important, nothing to get riled over, or raise your blood pressure over. Before you boil over, ask yourself: Will any of this matter a year from now? 2 years from now? 5 years from now? NO. What will matter is your spouse and your family and the lives you have together.

I've been coming here for 2 years now, almost. Will I be here next year? I don't know. Many of the people I came here and saw waiting never came back once that update was posted that their spouse landed. Some, a few, return from time to time to see what gives. The same will be true, one way or another for all of you. I hang about because I am useful here sometimes, and I like to be useful.

At all times, remember where this forum stands in the overall scheme of things, and give it the appropriate importance, even when conditions are less than idea. Especially when conditions are less than ideal.
And I’m so thankful that you still come back to continue to share your wisdom and experience with those of us who are still waiting. You’re a star!

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
CharlieD10 said:

What would we do without you CharlieD...makes me want to cry :'( :'( :'(

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
CharlieD10 said:

charlieD, r u a lawyer or something

Those r the words i was trying to find, but u said it all. (We are all here because our lives involves immigration) Cee needs to stay until she is ready to go, just ignore what is being said and move on cause what matters right now is her processing and nothing else.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Haha, nope not a lawyer. I have been told I argue like one though. Still trying to figure out if that was a compliment or curse. ??? :-\

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good afternoon forum family and a big CONGRATS to those with updates and being re-united with your loved ones, whether in CA or JA, enjoy every second of it. A big welcome to our newbies as well, do stick and stay.
Mi fren Charlie, eloquently put as always and to point. I can remember back when you asked all of us that got through what we did to ensure success and you certainly took that and ran to explore every avenue of the process and share your knowledge with anyone willing to listen, love ya for that. As you say, some of us come on to see how everyone is making out and to say hi to all the friends we made here over the years. I just celebrated my 40th month of coming on this and a previous forum, wanna say Hi all of you going through this process and LCW, Jammy, Stressed, kc, chelley,nae nae, suki, maple, pene, confused, Joy, and the hunderds that we went through this with. I can certainly remember when we knew $hit about the process and when someone asked a question, a hundred little fingers scrolled the internet until we found the answer. Stress is a part of the learnings, more importantly how to deal with it will stay a lifetime so embrace it. "Discovering Patience" is the name of the ship your on board, some get off at different ports and have a shorter trip, some longer trips but whats important is to remember you're all on the same ship, taking the same ride. So be there for one another on those bad days and pull your friends back into the ship when they need help. You have all found out (or soon will) that you family and friends have no idea what this process is all about and can add stress, just deal with it as well-wishers that haven't a clue. Others just revel in the fact that thier lives are far better, in thier eyes. Love and live
Need to share this with you, short, but sweet.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Awesome words to live by... Those who have been through it know what it is, we that are going through it have only just begun.. I need the support of this group and the friends I've made also the encouragement in hard times and I trust that we all are here for the same reason. CharlieD you are amazing! You really should write a book! Your wisdom is well worth my time and all those who give a little insight on our lengthy process we welcome all you have for us..

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Now can we get back to the happiness! Kingston you can bring it out in us!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Come on, KG. NNNNNNEEEEEXXXXTTTT!!!!!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
I'm with ya Charlie

CMON KG NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! second NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bad news
A man goes to his doctor for a complete checkup. He hasn't been feeling well and wants to find out if he's ill. After the checkup the doctor comes out with the results of the examination. "I'm afraid I have some bad news. You're dying and you don't have much time," the doctor says. "Oh no, that's terrible. How long have I got?" the man asks. "10..." says the doctor. "10? 10 what? Months? Weeks? What?!" he asks desperately. "10...9...8...7..."