08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning!!

Heres for ending the week on a high note... lets go kingston!!

iambless

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/06/2010
Doc's Request.
11/11/2010
AOR Received.
11/08/2010
File Transfer...
14/07/2010
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
01/03/2010
Interview........
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
08/09/2011
Hi everyone, congrats on the PP pickup and call to drop off PP. I have been scheduled for an interview on May 25 in Jamaica. They told me I should bring proof of me living with my husband and also bring my passport. I am so nervous. I have ordered the CAIPS on March 7 and when I called they said that they would have sent it off on April 11. So I am just waiting to see it. I think I am going to be nervous at the interview.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hi iambless! I see you had an update, I will add that to the update listing. In the meantime, get together everything requested, and if you kept a copy of your application, review any areas that might have raised a concern so you are fully prepared to address it at the interview. Will your husband be accompanying you to the interview? Although it is not required, it might be a good idea if he could. Once you have the CAIPS notes, go over them thoroughly together.

It's expected you will be nervous at the interview. Just answer what is asked of you honestly, and you will do fine. Good luck!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Updating Iambless.

STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months
Missingmybaby Oct 08 HUBBY LANDED 25 Months
Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months
Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 HUSBAND LANDED 19 MONTHS
Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months
Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
soanxiouswifey May 09 LANDED
Cmom (dependant) May 09 Sponsorship approved & PR App sent
Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Done awaiting ARC
Rosemel (Quebec) June 09 HUBBY & GIRLS LANDED 18 MONTHS
Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 PPR
Jamwifey Oct 09 LANDED 13 Months
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 LANDED 9 MONTHS
Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED
Kimore Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED 17 MONTHS
Yardie Dec 09 Meds & PCC Redo Request
M.A.L Dec 09 PPR
highlyflavoured(familyclass) Dec 09 Additional documents requested

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months
Angella Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 9 months
Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS
Canuck Feb 10 WIFE LANDED 9 MONTHS
Waiting-for-a-star Feb 10 Interview March 30, 2011
KMC MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS
Virtuous MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
KensWife MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
Mylilangel APR 10 RPRF requested
jesusgirl APR 10 AOR Received
Mika & sick May 10 LANDED 7 MONTHS
MommyT (dependent) MAY 10 SON LANDED 7 MONTHS
NaeNae MAY 10 HUBBY LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
Child of the king MAY 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS
Iambless June 10 Interview scheduled for May 25, 2011
Godblesswife June 10 LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
KIDD June 10 HUBBY LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
Chantol June 10 DOC REQUESTED
MrsLonely June 10 Sponsorship approved
lonely_wife June 10 VISA ISSUED
Masskendawta June 10 ORIG. DOC REQUESTED
Ramdont June 10 PPR
ebonyshine June 10 ORIG. DOC REQUESTED
brownsuga July 10 HUBBY & SON LANDED
chukie July 10 HUBBY LANDED
ladyposh July 10 PPR & Orig. Docs. Req.
ABA Aug 10 AOR Received
Sanchester Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Reema Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
butterfly10 Sept 10 Hubby LANDED
Togirl2011 Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
jahlove Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Can-Indy-Jam Oct 10 eCAS Updated to "In Process" March 17, 2011
LMF2011 Oct 10 AOR Received
Randysgirl Nov 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
proper Nov 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Lilmaya Dec 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

Irving Jan 2011 Sponsorship approved (30 days)
Charlie D Feb 2011 Sponsorship approval "In process" on eCAS
JAHBee Feb 2011
Smoothie Waiting to send app off (almost there!)
JAMinCAN Waiting to send app off
MrsLWSN Waiting to send app off
georgee (conjugal) Waiting to send app off
suki Married and waiting to send app off

IF I MISSED ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Aw... no news today :( was hoping for a lil something!! Hope everyone has a great weekend and lets pray for some updates for you all next week.

Welcome back Charlie.. :) glad you and hubby had a good time...

destiny85

Apr 16, 2011
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum but i find it wonderful to have a forum where there are people who are in similar situation like you, who you can relate to.
Let me tell you a little about my situation. I got married to my husband, in December 2010. We are still in the process of submitting our application. My husband has two daughters from a previous relationship, who are also living in Jamaica with him. He is in the process of completing the adoption process of one of his daughters (only one is biological). We plan to list the kids on the application as unaccompanying , until when my husband gets here then we will sponsor the kids as well. However, the reason why it took so long to submit the application, was because , the adoption process of the child isn't completed and immigration Canada still requests a copy of the adoption paper, child's passport and b.certificate. And me and my husband was waiting, until the adoption process gets finalized so he could get these other documents displaying his last name on them (the child's b.certificate and passport). However, since the adoption process was still taking awhile, i decided to call the # for immigration Canada, explained my situation and asked if i could send in the documents that we have so far, and if we could submit the child's other documents asap (since i figured too that since the kids were not gonna be coming with my husband right away that the immigration office would not be so strict??)......anyways when i called, the lady from immigration Canada, told me that we should write a cover letter explaining our situation. She also stated that they only deal with stage one of the processing, which is determining if i would be eligible to sponsor my spouse and if i get approved, it then goes to the visa office in Kingston. She stated that once it is received in Kingston, they will request the documents that we missed. Me and my husband are planning to submit the application anyway, and see what happens. We hope that if approved, that when it goes to Kingston it won't take too long (fingers crossed ;))

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hi everyone!!!

Iambless I hope you get your caips notes soon... You ordered them just a little after me so it shouldn't be much longer til you receive them... I am sure you will do really well on your interview... Just a matter of a few til you get this stuff all sorted out girl...

destiny welcome... I am unsure of what to tell you as my husband did not have any kids so its something I am a little unfamiliar with.. I know that when you cannot provide certain information at the time you can send an explanation letter why you did not include such in the application. If the adoption finalizes before the end of your process you can also send a fax or email with attachement and provide them with the adoption papers at that time... Maybe perhaps some of my forum friends that had partners with children in previous relationships maybe able to help a little more than me... As per the waiting process it looks like about 7 to 10 months on average but on the immigration canada website they show a timeframe of 16 months... Good luck with all your paperwork... stick and stay you came to the right place :D

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Destiny... Welcome, lots of info here, you found the right place :)

As lonely mentioned... If you do submit without all required docs, do write a note explaining why... During first stage processing they will also reject an incomplete application... This is discretional, but if you have no documents and no explaination they might just boot it right back to you...

Here is my bigger concern,

Edit and I just reread and you state that the other daughter is from a previous relationship, so not all this applies to you, but might help someone so i will leave it and you can take what you need from it :)

and it might be an unfounded one... What is the actual relationship btwn his adopted daughter and him... Is there still a family relationship (niece, cousin, cousins daughter or something of the like)? If so theres a grey area that gives CiC rights to decline applications on what they call "adoptions of convenience"... This covers adopting family members to bring them to Canada when there is isn't an intent to develop a "parent child" relationship with that child, but rather the goal is just to give a child in the family a better life

.. It would usually be applied when the PR application covered the adopted child alone, but I'm thinking they could apply it to a spousal case, if they wanted to (I am not 100% sure, but id put nothing by them!)...

If the child did happen to fall under that category, the entire application would be refused and it would become very hard for him to reapply with that child on the application again...

For this reason I'm suggesting two things(if this is infact the case)... 1) try to wait out the adoption and gather (and possibly include) any evidence that the child is indeed in his custody and/or 2) engage a qualified legal advisor to help make sure you've covered your basis...

If he is in fact already the childs legal guardian and has a "father child" like relationship with her, you don't have a lot to worry about regardless of the nature of their family relationship (ie even if she is a neice or whatever), just be prepared to prove this if they ask.... however if he is not I would think you need to prepare well and move as much of the child's "business" over to his name/address (school registration, any other official paperwork) in advance... Especially if the adoption isn't finalized before the app goes in as they might wonder why this adoption is taking place at this time and investigate further...

While I hope the whole adoption area doesn't hold your application up, I would be prepared to produce information to support the father child relationship... Kingston is very unpredictable and this is the first case I've seen personally of this nature across these boards so I can't give you any precedence as to what they may or may not do, just give warnings of what they could do!

Sorry for the ramble, I hope that helped some!

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
thanks for clarification chelley... I had never thought of all that lol :D

Charlie... You can write it took 10mths 1 week for my application to go through on the update lol cause Im changing my ticker to a countdown one for hubby landing lol :D

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Hey lonely... I guess you work nights and have a good excuse for these ungodly hour posts :p Congrats on the ppt pick up... The real countdown begins now eh??? :)

Destiny... A few more thoughts!

I'll also add that while they may process the sponsor approval (first stage missassauga processing that approves you as a sponsor) without the adoption paperwork, they will likely not even start the kingston processing... Kingston is unpredictable, I'm not sure at what stage and how long it would take them to do the first pass review for completeness... IF they have to request it from you it could add a 60-90 day delay on your processing... Typically cases with sponsored children on them take upwards of 12m as it stands, reducing any opportunity for Kingston to call and request further information will make sure it is on the lower end of the expected processing spectrum...

Providing originals for all Jamaican documentation (birth certificates, marriage certificates and probably adoption and divorce certificates (where applicable)) with the application has helped some get through faster than others (we submitted originals)...

I'd try to get a feel for how much longer the adoption might take... If it's a couple weeks, might just be better to wait... They will need those papers to process the entire application though, so if it's held up indefinitely, you will need to either find some sort of loophole to this all, or not submit until you have the papers or are guaranteed to have them within 60 days of being requested. When Kingston requests them you will have that same 60 days to produce, if you cannot, do so within that timeframe (or a reasonable one, they will sometimes extend it if requested)!they will likely reject the entire application and you'd have to start all over again... An inadmissible child on the application, even just for missing documents or medicals, will make his application inadmissible as well!!!!!

Good luck!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning everyone! Lovely overcast day here in Kingston. I think hubby and I will stay in and watch DVDs today, LOL.

Lonely_wife, yes, I will update your status and then do an additional one when hubby lands. :) I'm glad it's all but over for you, I bet you are both excited. Just another couple months and a new phase of life together starts!

Destiny85, welcome, please do stick and stay. Your case is somewhat more complicated than we are used to, but we will do the best we can to provide accurate information and any experiences that might help. To reiterate some of what chelley said, please do by all means explain clearly why you are missing any documents from your husband's side of the application, what steps you are taking to obtain it, and a possible time for when you expect to have it. Although CPC-M will only be considering your eligibility to sponsor, an application can still be rejected for lack of documents needed for the applicant. It may also be a good idea, even though you won't be sponsoring the children until later, to ensure that you meet the LICO for 4 persons from the outset.

Bear in mind that an inadmissible child can cause a parent to be inadmissible as well, even a non-accompanying one, so you want to cover all your bases thoroughly and ensure you detail exactly how he has a parent-child bond with his adoptive daughter, and why you are prepared to love and accept her as your own too. He must be seen to be actively fulfilling the role of her father, and your own relationship/bond with her should be clear, so that there is no chance they think this is an adoption of convenience.

I also agree with chelley on her final points: if possible, try to wait out the adoption papers. Beg, plead, cry, threaten a lawsuit, do whatever you need to do to whomever to keep the process moving to completion as soon as possible (difficult when dealing with Jamaican agencies, I know, but you never know when your angel is going to be on duty). And do try to engage a legal adviser if possible, one who has experience with adoptions, especially Jamaican adoptions, would be a good start.

OK, time to post the final update for lonely_wife until hubby lands, and to add Destiny85. :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
STATUS UPDATES

Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months
Missingmybaby Oct 08 HUBBY LANDED 25 Months
Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months
Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 HUSBAND LANDED 19 MONTHS
Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months
Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
soanxiouswifey May 09 LANDED
Cmom (dependant) May 09 Sponsorship approved & PR App sent
Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Done awaiting ARC
Rosemel (Quebec) June 09 HUBBY & GIRLS LANDED 18 MONTHS
Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 PPR
Jamwifey Oct 09 LANDED 13 Months
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 LANDED 9 MONTHS
Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED
Kimore Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED 17 MONTHS
Yardie Dec 09 Meds & PCC Redo Request
M.A.L Dec 09 PPR
highlyflavoured(familyclass) Dec 09 Additional documents requested

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months
Angella Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 9 months
Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS
Canuck Feb 10 WIFE LANDED 9 MONTHS
Waiting-for-a-star Feb 10 Interview March 30, 2011
KMC MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS
Virtuous MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
KensWife MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
Mylilangel APR 10 RPRF requested
jesusgirl APR 10 AOR Received
Mika & sick May 10 LANDED 7 MONTHS
MommyT (dependent) MAY 10 SON LANDED 7 MONTHS
NaeNae MAY 10 HUBBY LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
Child of the king MAY 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS
Iambless June 10 Interview scheduled for May 25, 2011
Godblesswife June 10 LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
KIDD June 10 HUBBY LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
Chantol June 10 DOC REQUESTED
MrsLonely June 10 Sponsorship approved
lonely_wife June 10 VISA ISSUED 10 MONTHS
Masskendawta June 10 ORIG. DOC REQUESTED
Ramdont June 10 PPR
ebonyshine June 10 ORIG. DOC REQUESTED
brownsuga July 10 HUBBY & SON LANDED
chukie July 10 HUBBY LANDED
ladyposh July 10 PPR & Orig. Docs. Req.
ABA Aug 10 AOR Received
Sanchester Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Reema Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
butterfly10 Sept 10 Hubby LANDED
Togirl2011 Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
jahlove Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Can-Indy-Jam Oct 10 eCAS Updated to "In Process" March 17, 2011
LMF2011 Oct 10 AOR Received
Randysgirl Nov 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
proper Nov 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Lilmaya Dec 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

Irving Jan 2011 Sponsorship approved (30 days)
Charlie D Feb 2011 Sponsorship approval "In process" on eCAS
JAHBee Feb 2011
Smoothie Waiting to send app off (almost there!)
JAMinCAN Waiting to send app off
MrsLWSN Waiting to send app off
georgee (conjugal) Waiting to send app off
suki Married and waiting to send app off
destiny85 (Spouse w/children) Waiting to send app off

IF I MISSED ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning everyone

I am new to this forum my situation is a little different so I will unload and appreciate any advice that can be given.

I have met a wonderful guy thru his cuz he lives in Jamaica between our internet meet August and initial meet in December we plan to get married in Jamaica in June but wont happen as I start a new job. He is in the process of applying for a Visa and we were wondering if he came to Canada and we got married and did our application what are our chances most of our family lives in Jamaica. The reason for the worry is that the wedding would be attended by most of my friends in Canada and maybe a couple of his family members. I spoke to my mom who resides in Jamaica and she felt that a big wedding wasnt necessary as that money could be better spent on getting my/our first home so she is ok with us having the wedding in Canada (as long as she gets a copy :D ) I know I am rambling but I am wondering did anyone else meet got married in a year how was your wedding your proofs etc.. with technology we BBM n facebook n he calls me mostly as its cheaper but wanted some insight any would be appreciated.

Thx

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hello Kedeisha and welcome to the KG thread.

First off, I should let you know that your fiance needs to present a very strong case when he applies for the TRV to come to Canada. It is likely that if he mentions coming to get married, without showing good reasons why he is returning to Jamaica and leaving his wife behind, his application will be denied. Non-visa-exempt spouses/partners/fiances are routinely denied TRVs, they are considered excellent candidates for over-staying. I'm not trying to scare you, but prepare you. He needs proof of finances, proof of other ties like job, house, land, other assets.

When you get to the point where you are ready to sponsor your spouse, you will need to address the fact that you met and married within a year. So again, you will need to present a strong case to address these potential "red flags". But that is still in the future, so for the time being it is not something you need to be concerned with.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok thank you so much he has ties to Jamaica he is a member of JDF so he has to go home for his job as he is under contract until next April so hope that helps him out