Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Chelley, that is exactly the word I was looking for, empowering!

This process is out of our hands the minute the application leaves us, and it is so easy to start feeling helpless! I know I am nowhere near any of you guys in terms of waiting, but let me tell you, it was hard to let go of that package, knowing that the next stages were out of my hands, literally speaking!

By taking charge of the time we have to wait, we empower ourselves to get through the wait with good spirit and good humour...speaking of humour, Can-Indy-Jam gave me some inspiration:

"A man phones home from his office and says to his wife, "I have the chance to go fishing for a week. It's the opportunity of a lifetime. I have to leave right away. Pack my clothes, my fishing equipment, and especially my blue silk pajamas. I'll be home in an hour to pick them up." The man rushes home to grab everything. He hugs his wife, apologizes for the short notice, and then hurries off.

A week later, the man returns and his wife asks, "Did you have a good trip, dear?" The man replies, "Yep, the fishing was great... but you forgot to pack my blue silk pajamas." His wife smiles and says, "Oh, no I didn't... I put them in your tackle box!"

togirl2011

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
LOL nice joke.

and I thought I was the only one without a kitchen table. I'm in the same boat. I usually focus on what to take with me on my next trip. Always trying to pack up as much luggage as possible. It sucks that WJ and others have lowered the # of free bags. Now it's just 1 and pay for the 2nd. Hubby & I talk everyday for at least 2 hrs sometimes joking about what it will be like when he gets here. With him not working down there it really takes a toll on the waiting. I've started to plan what drawers I will give him but don't want to give them up just yet. Sometimes I get scared that things will take longer than the 7-8 mos we are hoping for and it makes me anxious to have a back up plan for things.

I sure hope them folks in KGN will get moving on things and get more of us through the system.

I like some of the stories of how people met. Hubby & I met when I was getting away after a break up. He was a taxi driver and stopped to help us out. I guess he was route taxi but he liked what he saw and asked if we needed a ride. We started as friends and he pursued me. A few months later we re-connected in person and I was hooked. I've never felt so strong for someone in my life and he just has a calmness that draws me in. Wow, how I wish life in TO could be so laid back. I always tell him how much faster life is here and he laughs. He says he will never let that change him. I look forward to seeing him gain a few pounds and feel the summer heat here LOL.

Someone mentioned about help when landing. I found out that YMCA in Toronto has a "newcomer" section that offers help with job search as well as some information sessions that are free. I already told my hubby once I know his date I'm gonna sign him up for some sessions. To transfer the driver's licence in Ontario they need to get a letter from the Jamaican office that issues the licence to validate the length, etc. Check out the website for specifics. Also, having a gr 12 diploma will go a long way in getting work here as well.....so get a copy.

Does anyone have any additional tips??

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
I tell you, I enojoyed reading all of todays posts, it went from gloomy to positive, humourous, and well how can that be bad!!! I think its so important to share the sad, and frustrating times, and the uplifting motivational events too! All are relevant, and everyone can relate! The last few days for me have been quite busy with work, and i feel alot better knowing that i am heading to jamaica soon.. When I arrive it will be like 7 months since we have seen eachother... much needed let me say!
I met my husband on the beach, he worked there. Now i never paid any mind to him, i was there for like 10 days, a few days before I left i was at pier 1 and he was there, with some people i had met over my stay. I new he looked familar.. and well hot as ever!! I made sure he knew! Now the complication..... i had actually met someone while I was there, and well he was with me! my hubby and I ended up exchanging facebook info, and had a breif convo on the peir alone that left me in aww. I never seen him again. I left a few days later.
A few months later I came to jamaica impulsivley, we had spoke a few times am month, and over fb every so often. When I arrived i called him to set up a time to see eachother, and well i never left his side for 7 days. NOT PLANNED AT ALL!!!
Over a few months we had to decide if we felt strong enough to walk this path, and well how can you not when u have never loved someone like this, no obstacles are to big!

And Thats why we are all here, our collective love for our spouse and family is what brings them home!! This much good energy unites families!!

Can-Indy-Jam

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
File Transfer...
November 22, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Good Early Morning Everyone,

I was up doing some research for a course I am taking and it is due on Monday. But man oh man my team members in my group dont work or something because they all decided to meet on a Friday afternoon at 330? WHO DOES THAT! Weird, they ask me whats the best time Sat or Sun and then they make a meeting on a weekday during work hours...anyway thats my late night complaint..well at least its not about Kingston LOL.

I have been reading all the posts about how everyone met so here is my long winded story (as you may be able to tell I like to talk, and laugh) at times it gets me in trouble at work because I have a loud laugh...Anyway back to my love story...

I just completed my bachelor of business administration degree a 4 year program in December 2007.....

February, 2008
I celebrated my 30th birthday with friends...I wanted to do something different because I was turning 30 so it ended up that my girlfriends said why dont you party like your getting married have a Stag Party. ha ha ha That was so funny because no one really knew I wasn't actually getting married only a few close friends. So we ended up having a Stag Party for me and my girls. It was fun we all dressed up and went out and it was crazy fun. I was telling everyone that I was getting married in Jamaica and that I was in mad love with my husband to be....It was a ongoing joke all night I even made up a name for my fake husband....how crazy I am.

April 2008 I flew to Jamaica for my friends moms wedding.

Landed in Jamaica with a large group of people approx. 10 of us all together. It was cool we had laughs, we all were excited. We got to our hotel we stayed at the time it was called "Starfish" in Trelawny. It was a bit of a ride to get to our hotel but it was great as we all had company. Our total duration in Jamaica was only 7 days, so you know just finished school, no son, no worries....
It was the best time Sun, Sand, Beach All you can drink and eat....I had a blast....Until one day nearing the end of my trip....I ended up meeting some people and arranging our own private tour..BIG MISTAKE...we went to Bob Marley Place, Dunns River...back to hotel...I was upset talking to one man who was very concerned because I had lots going on at the time...Had all these Jamaican men throwing themselves at me like they never seen a woman in their life...I was so exhausted by all of this unwanted attention I went back to my hotel room to cry....I was upset, I had told my cousins friend yeah I will go out and meet ONE MORE Jamaican because you meet one you meet them alll (at least thats what I thought at that time)

I had this one Jamaican guy act like he was my man, when I didnt want anything to do with him at all, he was PAID to hang out with me because he was our tour guide....Anyway I went to Margartaville in Mo Bay...knowing I was going to meet this Jamaican dude (which was my husband) I didnt even like him, I just went to meet him because I was told about him and he was told about me....Anyway longstory short...I didnt give him my number, he didnt give me his....I found his number got it and 1 week after I left I called him and the rest is history....4 months later we got married...Now we are going on to our 3rd year marriage and we just submitted papers now....Anyway when I met my husband I was the biggest B*tch you could ever meet...I had enough of the people hitting on me I was just wanting to have some fun not have any drama kings around me LOL

Well hope I didnt bore any of you....

Lets Go Kingston Lets Go....

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Aww I'm a sucker for love stories.....

Togirl… I have a kitchen table but its falling apart that’s why I don’t use it…. I guess when I moved out on my own almost 10 years ago now… I was giving furniture and with time I was able to change everything but I still have the old kitchen table none of the chairs are good they are all loose and it’s almost a scary experience to sit on one lol

Me too I am always trying to prepare my next trip lol… I always have a box in my room that I put the stuff I get for hubby and his family… I always travelled with airjamaica and aircanada and I was always allowed to carry 2 bags and didn’t have to pay for extra luggage but in October they made me pay cause my bags were too heavy lol I had 1 bag of 70 lbs and 1 of 50 lbs then my carry on was dead on at 22lbs and my purse was huge the lady said that’s not a purse but I assured her it was but she said it better fit under the seat and she told me she would come check … trust me I squeezed it under the seat but it had a hard time to take it out after lol….

BTW my friend works at the YMCA in Sudbury lol I am going to see her next week… she kept bugging me to go so we can talk about my trip and also so she can show me what things they have to offer so I will check it out and let you guys know the outcome…

My love story….

I met my husband online in 2007 and at first I was very scared considering I was only 19 and my husband was 18 plus we barely had any life experience. I was very naïve and I had doubts that he may want to be with me for papers. I decided to talk to him online for a while but we agreed that we would not be in relationships with anybody else. I never knew how complicated it was for someone from another country to come to Canada but when I found out I decided that I was starting to really like this guy and I wanted to meet him. Despite my father approval, I decided to follow my heart and fly on a plane by myself to Jamaica with my own money that I had earned working while going to college. OMG the scariest thing I have ever done in my life lol specially knowing that anything could have happened to me. We had agreed that he would meet me at the airport and we would go back to his house to meet his mom and drop off some of the luggage as we were booked to go to Starfish Resort in Trelawny. OMG I slept with my passport and money between the mattresses because I was a little scared at first because everyone had put some many things in my mind. During our stay at Starfish I really got comfortable with him, he really reassured me and that’s where I was able to confirm that I had really fallen in love with him. We talked about marriage then but I mean we were still very young and because of our age we decided to put that on hold and just have a long distance relationship for a while. I travelled back and forth to Jamaica a few times a year and in feb. 2010 we got married because we couldn’t deal with the distance that separated us and we knew that we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives. We filed the papers in june 2010 the reason for the few months delay is due to the marriage certificate having mistake poor hubby had to go back there about 5 times to try to get things fixed but oh well after all everything got sent and we are patiently waiting and hoping to start our new life together in the near future. ;D

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning and TGIF everyone.

If you've caught up on the news, earthquake struck off the coast of Japan, triggering tsunamis in Japan and now the Hawaiian islands. Please pray for our fellow human beings, natural disasters respect no-one.

It's the end of another week, we are all one week closer to being with our loved ones, whether those in Canada are coming to Jamaica, or those in Jamaica will be heading to Canada. :D

Well, off to the stress of my tax returns. :p Have a great day, everyone, tell your loved ones how much you care!

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010 (returned MAY sent back JULY)
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE :p :p :p :p

Hi forum

Hubby got called this morning for PP they said to drop off Tues/Thurs nxt wk (he is going Tues) we are over the MOON to say the least! ;D :eek: :p

To be honest I was getting overwhelmed from last wk when ECAS changed to meds rcvd & everyone was saying there was a glitch so thought will stay away for a while until hear from MP/he gets PP call so not to get confused

Yesterday got call from MP stating we are on the last stage & they found our documents (prob never lost in the first place) but he said they were doing b/g checks & shouldnt be too long he reassured me should not have to re-do meds in June so if not hear within 90 days he can enquire again) NEVER KNEW WOULD BE DAY AFTER!! THINK HE MUST HAVE PUT FIRE UNDER THEIR BAXSIDE!! LOL

Well, I will be taking time out to re-arrange & sort a few things hope it can only go UP from here & they dont prolong the pick up guess I wont have to book for Easter now he'll be here by then 8)

CONGRATS kimore & CHARLIED PLEASE UPDATE AT LAST!!!

Will be busy preparing so will let you know when he gets call for pick up & hopefully the landing story DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE GIVING UP THATS WHEN YOUR TIME WILL COME

KGN NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
wow that is awesome news chukie.... so happy for you guys ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
chukie: Congratulations!! I am so excited to finally hear something. It has been a quiet and sad last couple days and finally something positive to take into the weekend. :D

Meaning...Kingston does do some work on Friday!! Wonderful news! :p

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Chukie!!!! was starting to feel like nothing was gonna happen this week but thank god theres good news for atleast one of us. Hope we get some more before the day ends!!

chukie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010 (returned MAY sent back JULY)
Doc's Request.
11-2010
AOR Received.
11-2010
File Transfer...
08-2010
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
06-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
10/4/2011
thanks LONELY YOU WILL be NXT !!

thanks lilmaya

waiting-for-a-star

Mar 5, 2011
tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 26, 10
File Transfer...
march 24,10
Med's Request
jan 12,11
Med's Done....
feb 11, 11
Interview........
march 30, 11/approved
Passport Req..
march 30, 11
VISA ISSUED...
april 13
LANDED..........
APRIL 20
Congrats Chuckie

am sitting in my couch crying my eyes out right now, wishing today will be my day too. last night i dreamt he was here and he wanted to drive so i gave him my keys and we drove to walmart. I didnt wanna wake up dream was too sweet, when I woke up I realize I didnt even BAM BAM in my dream we only kissed, but i tried to go back to sleep but just couldnt.

do you see what KG is doing to us making us pathetic wives, who cant be with our own husbands.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
This is for Chukie!! So happy for you, get yourself in gear to welcome your family home! :D :D :D

STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months
Missingmybaby Oct 08 HUBBY LANDED 25 Months
Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months
Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 HUSBAND LANDED 19 MONTHS
Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months
Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
soanxiouswifey May 09 VISA ISSUED
Cmom (dependant) May 09 Sponsorship approved & PR App sent
Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Done awaiting ARC
Rosemel (Quebec) June 09 HUBBY & GIRLS LANDED 18 MONTHS
Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 Meds & PC Redo, RPRF Reguest
Jamwifey Oct 09 LANDED 13 Months
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 LANDED 9 MONTHS
Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED
Kimore Nov 09 VISA ISSUED
Yardie Dec 09 Meds & PCC Redo Request
M.A.L Dec 09 PPR
highlyflavoured(familyclass) Dec 09 Additional documents requested

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months
Angella Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 9 months
Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS
Canuck Feb 10 WIFE LANDED 9 MONTHS
Charmine Feb 10 Meds Re-do Request
KMC MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS
Virtuous MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
KensWife MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS
Mylilangel APR 10 RPRF requested
chukie APR 10 PPR
jesusgirl APR 10 AOR Received
Mika & sick May 10 LANDED 7 MONTHS
MommyT (dependent) MAY 10 SON LANDED 7 MONTHS
NaeNae MAY 10 HUBBY LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
Child of the king MAY 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS
Iambless June 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Godblesswife June 10 LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
KIDD June 10 HUBBY LANDED 7.5 MONTHS
Chantol June 10 DOC REQUESTED
MrsLonely June 10 Sponsorship approved
lonely_wife June 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Masskendawta June 10 ORIG. DOC REQUESTED
Ramdont June 10 PPR
ebonyshine June 10 ORIG. DOC REQUESTED
brownsuga July 10 PPR
ladyposh July 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
ABA Aug 10 AOR Received
Sanchester Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Reema Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
butterfly10 Sept 10 VISA ISSUED
Togirl2011 Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
jahlove Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Can-Indy-Jam Oct 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Randysgirl Nov 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
proper Nov 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"
Lilmaya Dec 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

Irving Jan 2011 Sponsorship approved (30 days)
Charlie D Feb 2011
Smoothie Waiting to send app off
JAMinCAN Waiting to send app off
MrsLWSN Waiting to send app off
georgee (conjugal) Waiting to send app off
suki Getting married in March

IF I MISSED ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
For those who continue to wait, here's a nice quote I got in my email this morning:

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself."

--Lucille Ball,
American actress and comedienne

Key words- keeping busy and optimism! Let's hold those heads up and stay busy, folks :)

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Chuckie thank you and a big congrats to you and hubby. It's almost over.