Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
CONGRATULATIONS SOANXIOUS!!!!!

I wasn't able to check the forum yesterday afternoon .... boy when I came on this morning I thought soanxious must have gotten her PP cause there were 3 pages since I posted yesterday morning lol

I'm sooooooooo happy for you!!! :D :D :D :D finally, it's over!!!! congrats again!

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning all, big congratulation again soanxiouswifey, i am still feeling the excitement for you this morning.

GBW... we are waiting patiently on the reunion story.

ramdont ..... you will be getting your sort out today.

COME ON KGN LETS GO MORE GOOD NEWS TODAY YEAAAAH!! COME ON KGN LETS GO MORE GOOD NEWS TODAY YEAAAAH!! COME ON KGN LETS GO MORE GOOD NEWS TODAY YEAAAAH!!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning Forum Family....

soanxious, kids say the cutest things... lol thats so nice that gio is really excited - the three of you must be more anxious than ever!! Time is winding down now my girl!

Helpme - no problem. I just moved and had a list of a million and one things to do as well including all the address changes - I also paid Canada post 45 dollars to transfer my mail over for 6 months. I did it on line, so that way any straggling mail I forgot will get sent to my new address, more importantly some Tax slips from random jobs hubby worked at the beginning of the year so i can do our taxes - its good to be on top of things early.

Now i am on to making lists for after baby is born, about getting her birth paper, OHIP, benefits from my work, SIN card so I can start an RESP (Registered Education Savings Plan) for she, passport so we can go to JA after her 2 month shots to meet grandma and grandpa and the rest of the family, Make appt to meet new family doctor ect. Good job im a list maker.

This is totally not necessary, but when my hubby came i got him Blue Cross insurance for the first 3 months just incase anything happened to him while he was here and if he had to visit the doctor or god forbid the hospital i wouldnt be hit with a thousand dollar bill. It cost me around 300 dollars for just 1 day short of 3 months. This covered pretty much anything - you have to get it I believe 24 hours before the person lands or you have to wait a penelty period (days or so) before the insurance kicks in. Like i said, totally not necessary - but I am just that kinda person that frets over things like that so got it for him (plus had the pressure of my mother - when we first came over here from UK I got the measels on the plane and was immediatly sent to the doctors and a whole leap of things - that insurance that my mom was so hesitant in getting saved us thousands of dollars) BUT, the chances are sooooooooo slim that anything will happen, and if 300 dollars is out of your budget, then its out of your budget. But just thought I would throw that out there.

Not sure about when people are planning to do the reunion and how soon after everyone lands, but last year we wanted to plan a "beach" reunion once the weather got nice, which never happend. That way we could bring the hubbies, wifeys, pickney and just have a BBQ and play some football at Woodbine beach one satruday morning/daytime when the weather is pretty and sunny. If summer is too far away - that could just be an annual get together thing... and we could do a ladies night or family dinner. As mentioned we went to Mandarin Garden last time (all you can eat chinese buffett) and then a few of us went to a bar for drinks afterwards.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
update update update

Couldnt help myself there. but It sure feels like the landing was a step to make and I made it ;D
I landed 5 minutes early and safe and sound yesterday wohoo woi ;D
the landing interview was pretty straight forward, I thought it was'nt going to be easy when I got pulled into another room. I'm like what the heck, and I link soanxious saying man something strange is going on. lol

turns out the IO was at the end of his shift and wanted me to wait Comfortably till another IO could come do the Honours for me. ;)
the IO only wanted to know if I accept that the details on the COPR was correct, and have me confirm my address to have the card sent to me. and if I was carrying any patties into the Country, I said "no" he said "what a bloody shame I could do with one and a cocoa bread". lol
we had a nice little chat... he didnt give me a pack, but just advised me on where to go what to do. and even gave me a few shop names for reasonable warm clothing . bless him.

as a result I was the last person out, and Customs had already gathered my bags as they thought they had been abandoned. their dogs got plenty time to do a sniff, so when I came through to customs they just said hey just go.

Poor Hubby, was right in front of me at the door waiting in 10 layers with the biggest grin on his face. he kept shaking his head . and saying " mi cant believe" he must have said that 10 times.
man we held each other for a good 5 minutes before letting go when my bag fell off my shoulder.
then off into the winnipeg winter wonderland.
The cold was very welcoming indeed
can I just say it is very cold here in Winnipeg, colder than the UK, but its ok I'll adopt, the things we do for love eh?
I really dont feel like leaving the house today at all. Pity hubby has to go to work he only got the one day off since he had the time off back in January. but its ok We have a lifetime together in front of us.

last night I kept teasing my little hubby hey you not going to sleep remember you have to be up at 5. he's like I know but you know I cant just go to sleep like that. and the rest is history. bam bam bam ;D Now I feel sorry for him cos I dont know if he can hold up at work now. ???
fastforward to today :)

Being the good little Wifey I am, I'm about to start thowing out some chicken to cook my husbands Dinner with the spices I brought from JA.

Anxious ;D sooooooo happy for you girl, Listen out , they will call you today regarding your delivery.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
:D

Yay for the landing story!! Gbw, enjoy your life with your husband!!

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good Morning Forum ;D

WOW lots of UPDATES to read.... ;D WELCOME TO CANADA GODBLESS ;D Glad to read it was a great trip and smooth through Immigration ... It is such a great feeling to read when someone arrives..it brings back all the wonderful feelings we get of our reunion...THANK YOU ;D

SOANXIOUS... MAN finally you are at the finish line with IMM...WOW congrats girl.... I will look forward to your update of your arrival to CANADA.... 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D

TO all the newcomers (which there seems like alot) WELCOME to the best place to be while waiting for KG... ;D ;D We all share the same thing and it is such a great feeling to have such a wonderful place to share what we all have or are going through...

It truly is a blessing THIS FORUM :D

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE AND I ALWAYS HOPE TO COME ON HERE AND READ OF GREAT NEWS WITH KG..... SO glad of the updates..keep them coming!!!!

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
I'm so happy for you girl!!! Just can't wait to talk about my hubby's landing story!!! ;D

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
yea coming through immigration was ok, but coming through Jamaican customs was a real pain. I'll post on that later I'm staying happy today ;D

4jesus

Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I'm in Canada, and what I have heard is that when marrying from Jamaica immigration requires much proof that the relationship is "legit". If that is the case, if I was to marry within 12 months of meeting my beau, would this be a problem?? What would I have to do or how can I even prepare myself now to answer/prove any questions.

Also, I think this group is great with so much info and experiences to share. But because the group is so large I find it difficult to keep up or track responses to your post. Is it possible to create sub categories within kingston,Jamaica like: "general questions", "permenant residence", "visiting and work visas" etc. just to make it easier to navigate? Just a thought...

brownsuga

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2010
Doc's Request.
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-11- 2010
File Transfer...
10-08-2010
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2011
LANDED..........
14-03-2011
Welcome to Canada again Godblesswife....nice landing story!!!!

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh man i woke up with my neck hurting when i turn my head...slept bad last night i guesss..

Good day peeps, mi de ya a wait see if dhl ready to bring mi n mi son pp... nothing yet but the day is still young, i want to go get my spices today and see if i can get some ackee for me n Jammy...wondering if its best to cook the ackee then freeze it or just freeze it.

Godbless nice to know u landed safe hun.

Looking forward for us to hear some good news from kgn today... its THURSDAY! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4jesus, my husband and I married after almost 14 months of meeting..I saved all the receipts from all the trips I went to visit him as well as the proof we gathered while he was working in Canada (bus tickets, rental car receipts....). We took a lot of pictures and I sent all of those in..the more proof you have the better...save all the receipts from your wedding as well. If you talk on skype maybe you can print a log or something? not sure as we never used skype..just the international calling plan...

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
[size=10pt]hi 4jesus! [/size]

I met my huband January, got engaged September that year, and then got married the following January. So technically within a year I met and married my husband and we had no issues with proving our relationship was genuine. I did travel to JA around 5-6 times a year, I also had 14 people come to JA from my side for a week for our wedding and we had letters from my family, friends, his family and friends to testify that our relationship was genuine. We also had sent it a lot of pictures, love letters, cards etc for added proof.

What I would do to prepare yourself is to look at the questions they ask on the application. A lot of the questions I answered very strait forward. I also wrote a letter explaining how everything went down from beginning to end so that if there was any questions left that I would have answered them in my letter.

Regarding the sub catagories, we are usually pretty good at answering questions.. but if you are not able to check back after you ask a question you might have to look back a few pages (if there was no update) What we have done in the past in situations like this is highlight peoples names so that it sticks out - as i did in the beginning of the response. Hopefully this sticks out a bit more for you. Also, you can always create your own post on the main page - its just that if you do that, you will get a response from everyone that checks out the site - not just from those who are from Kingston. Which is not a bad thing - until you start to realize that every embassy is different and has different processes and protocols.

brownsuga

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2010
Doc's Request.
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
10-11- 2010
File Transfer...
10-08-2010
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2011
LANDED..........
14-03-2011
UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE, OMG!!!

My hubby and son got PPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

God is good..