Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
ally89 said:
Guys,

My husband received a call fr the Kgn office on Tuesday where they were asking about his employment, is that a good sign?
I would think so, at the very least they are working on your application, which is always good!

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here regarding applications in Kingston. I have a few questions that I want to confirm BEFORE submitting my application next week...

1) My husband has a child that will not be accompanying him and the mother is flat out refusing to let the child do a medical which I have read is required. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, can you give me an idea of what to do? I was hearing something about a sworn statement but I'm not sure specifically what to put in it

2) At the top of my application, question 1 asks "If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

- withdraw
or
-proceed

What is normally suggested to put?

I would appreciate any guidance that you guys can provide.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
susanrichards said:
There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here regarding applications in Kingston. I have a few questions that I want to confirm BEFORE submitting my application next week...

1) My husband has a child that will not be accompanying him and the mother is flat out refusing to let the child do a medical which I have read is required. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, can you give me an idea of what to do? I was hearing something about a sworn statement but I'm not sure specifically what to put in it

2) At the top of my application, question 1 asks "If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

- withdraw
or
-proceed

Hi Susan! how are you! welcome to the Kingston thread....
I havent had any experience dealing with kids on the application but many others here have and will be able to answer that question. For the 2nd, I put "proceed".
:)

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
what legal documentation does your husband have concerning his child?
Does he have legal rights to her - if so he can take her for a medical by himself, if he is legally entitled (joint custody)
My husband's ex-wife has full custody of his 15 year old daughter but we did not have any issues with getting her medical done - there is no intention of her ever coming to live in Canada but our immigration lawyer said we had to include her and get her medical done as part of the process.

that being said I am sure it is not an unusual situation where one parent is refusing to cooperate.

First find out what his rights are to the child and if he can - go get the medical done himself with the child
if not find out what documentation needs to be to show the refusal...

I will look on the forums here too.... I am sure I read something similar before and they proceeded without the medical

susanrichards said:

- withdraw
or
-proceed

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Can u please tell me what to include in this email.

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
Wow! Thank you Shortyp2000 for the warm welcome and I was leaning towards the proceed option as well.

@ Canadianinlove, he has no agreement/order in place at all. The mother withholds his son from him and has been doing so since we met in 2010. My husband has tried and tried and she now realizes that we're at her mercy to have the test done or it may freeze the process. He understands that based on the way she's moving, the child will most likely not be made available for a medical and therefore will never be able to be sponsored to Canada. Its a difficult situation. I even tried to message her and she responded by text that she wasn't allowing it. I downloaded a text to PDF converter and I will include that as well in my application but I do believe that we will need a sworn statement of some sort.

I hope that someone has gone through this because surely I cannot be the only one. Its messed up how some people don't want to open doors for their children and future opportunities due to their dirty ways. We've tried and I just need some guidance on what kind of letter and proof we need....

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Divinity said:
Can u please tell me what to include in this email.
I would basically say that you notice the medical will soon expire and you want to know if you should re-do it or if they are willing to extend. I highly doubt they will tell you to do it again, they should extend it. :)

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Thank u. This forum has been such a great help. My husband and I were talking last night and he is hoping that we would be together for Christmas. Man he has so much plans. He wants to go buy snow suits for the kids car seats a stroller for our daughter Christmas dinner . I'm like ok take it easy buddy. I Dont want him to get his hopes up and be disappointed. I can't wait to be with my husband I miss him so much.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
I totally understand! If you havent already, send in long form birth certificates for the children you have together.... I didnt think to do that, and then they asked me for them which delayed my application by 60 days....
I am with my hubby in Jamaica now but I miss him so much when im in canada, and he misses us and its so hard on families, i dont know why they do express entry etc so fast but allow families to wait years to be together..

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
that is really too bad
she isn't hurting anyone but herself and her son....

stay strong

susanrichards said:
Wow! Thank you Shortyp2000 for the warm welcome and I was leaning towards the proceed option as well.

@ Canadianinlove, he has no agreement/order in place at all. The mother withholds his son from him and has been doing so since we met in 2010. My husband has tried and tried and she now realizes that we're at her mercy to have the test done or it may freeze the process. He understands that based on the way she's moving, the child will most likely not be made available for a medical and therefore will never be able to be sponsored to Canada. Its a difficult situation. I even tried to message her and she responded by text that she wasn't allowing it. I downloaded a text to PDF converter and I will include that as well in my application but I do believe that we will need a sworn statement of some sort.

I hope that someone has gone through this because surely I cannot be the only one. Its messed up how some people don't want to open doors for their children and future opportunities due to their dirty ways. We've tried and I just need some guidance on what kind of letter and proof we need....

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
susanrichards said:

Hello and welcome to the forum, so sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time with your husbands ex not cooperating. I don't understand some people ... don't they realize they are punishing their children and not their ex? If something were to happen to her, her child would never be able to go to Canada and live with the father. The child would then not have either parents to live with.

Maybe try to search the site, I found this
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dependents-of-spouse-sponsored-cant-get-the-exams-done-t272476.0.html

Best of Luck Hon

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
@ shortyp2000

thank you for updating the spreadsheet!

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
I will keep looking for a resolution and hopefully the sworn statement and copies of texts where she's denying access will be enough. Thanks for the support. I will be on here often as my application is going to be sent off to mississauga next week

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
Canadianinlove said:
that is really too bad
she isn't hurting anyone but herself and her son....

stay strong

This isn't even the icing on the cake. I never talk badly about another woman but she is closing so many doors for the kid but doing this.

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
MixedChick92 said:
Hello and welcome to the forum, so sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time with your husbands ex not cooperating. I don't understand some people ... don't they realize they are punishing their children and not their ex? If something were to happen to her, her child would never be able to go to Canada and live with the father. The child would then not have either parents to live with.

Maybe try to search the site, I found this
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dependents-of-spouse-sponsored-cant-get-the-exams-done-t272476.0.html

Best of Luck Hon

Thanks so much. The link was very helpful