+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

kieshat

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
It's normal for the short processing time, don't worry too much... they only requested passport for my husband. But i told him to take wedding pics, passport pics, social media posts and watsapp conversations. Ultimately u want to be able to prove that ur relationship is genuine... So, with some proof in hand out will make him feel more confident and prepared....please use the questions posted earlier for preparation...they are the hit!!!
Thank you for your response. I feel more confident. Yeah!

Reactions: Redsbabes

LestinWify

Jun 15, 2017
Hi Guys!!!!!!!! I went to the interview with hubby on Nov 2 @ 1pm..We were there for about 2 hours because they made us go in town for new passport size pics and comeback to them!!! HE GOT HIS VISA ON SPOT!!! I am so happy that this process is finally over!! My hubby is coming home with me tommorow.. The immigration officer asked not even one question. They took his passport and we waited for visa to print and that's it... lol one of the ladies in the front said we took a risk with buying plane ticket so soon. So happy I did.. Guys my advice is if U can take a couple days off of work and support your spouse at interview I found that helped with no questions being asked... Good Luck Guys!!!

Mrs grant

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04/05/2017
Hi Guys!!!!!!!! I went to the interview with hubby on Nov 2 @ 1pm..We were there for about 2 hours because they made us go in town for new passport size pics and comeback to them!!! HE GOT HIS VISA ON SPOT!!! I am so happy that this process is finally over!! My hubby is coming home with me tommorow.. The immigration officer asked not even one question. They took his passport and we waited for visa to print and that's it... lol one of the ladies in the front said we took a risk with buying plane ticket so soon. So happy I did.. Guys my advice is if U can take a couple days off of work and support your spouse at interview I found that helped with no questions being asked... Good Luck Guys!!!

Congratulations all the best.

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
That is awesome! Congrats.

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Congrats to everyone that are getting to reuinte with their family and those that have upcoming interviews. I am new here. Never realize that there was a jamaican forum. I am looking for feedback. Our app went in end of July 2017 and my spouse got a call and email for interview end of Nov 2017. They requested passport, original marriage and birth certificate. I am happy like over the moon because my family could finally be together for the first christmas, birthday. With that said a part of me is a bit nervous because no request for pictures plus our timeline seems faster than most. Just asking for feedback to prepare. Is this normal? I don't want to be over confident.
Hi kieshat, it's not unusual to get through that fast. A friend of mine got through in 5 months a few years ago. Also, they do not ask all of us for pictures. It could be that the ones you initially provided were enough for them. I understand the nerves as I too get those jitters from time to time but things are going to be ok. You are almost at the end of this long tedious journey. Have a great weekend :)

Reactions: kieshat

Redsbabes

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Niagara Falls
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
07-27-2017
Doc's Request.
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
02-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-09-2017
Med's Request
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
Passed 09-10-2017
Interview........
13-03-2018
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Congratulations! That’s such great news!

Shyrlz

Oct 4, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
24-04-2017
Doc's Request.
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
File Transfer...
03-08-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
Interview........
30-11-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
Congrats! I can only imagine the feeling you felt after it was done. Amen to having hubby home for Christmas. Patiently waiting for our interview, can't wait to share this feeling lol. Have a great day and enjoy the sun for us.

Taylor365

Sep 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Hi kieshat, it's not unusual to get through that fast. A friend of mine got through in 5 months a few years ago. Also, they do not ask all of us for pictures. It could be that the ones you initially provided were enough for them. I understand the nerves as I too get those jitters from time to time but things are going to be ok. You are almost at the end of this long tedious journey. Have a great weekend :)
Hi i have a question I am currently sponsoring my husband from Jamaica, however hes currently in Canada on a visitors Visa. Today we recieved an email asking for the medical but hes in Canada. Can he take it here?

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
ludabrown I haven't given p hope for you
Hi i have a question I am currently sponsoring my husband from Jamaica, however hes currently in Canada on a visitors Visa. Today we recieved an email asking for the medical but hes in Canada. Can he take it here?
Oh dear I think that might be a question that you'll have to call cic, you should have maybe considered doing your application inland.
I don't think anyone here has been in your situation but please if anyone knows all the better

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
We got pre arrival letter for services in Canada in myacct. Maybe they send this when embassy has the passports.

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Did you apply for outland for him? If that is the case they will want him to do the medical in Jamaica. As JamaicanSnowflakes said its best to contact CIC.

kieshat

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Thank you for your message. It calmed me. Have a wonderful weekend.

Reactions: mel2017

destinedlove

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
April, 28, 2017
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2017
AOR Received.
May 26, 2017
File Transfer...
July 11, 2017
Med's Request
June 05, 2017
Med's Done....
June 08,2017; Passed June 23, 2017
Interview........
Nov 21, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey, hubby was also in Canada on a visa and got medical request. We took the letter and did the medical here. Only thing, its more expensive here though, but you will be fine. You're good, don't worry. Google medical immigration online and you will get the closest lab to you.

All the best!

Mariooo

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
anybody know when does security check start and when does finish? i mean after interview? before interview? and how long does it take ?

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
anybody know when does security check start and when does finish? i mean after interview? before interview? and how long does it take ?
From what i have seen through husband checks, They start security checks from when you submitted app to Mississauga. They have checked with US and other allied countries if there are reportable traces. On my husband interview date, gckey changed to background check in process during the interview. They definitely do it prior to and during interview i believe. I cant really answer how long does it take. Hope this helps

Reactions: Mariooo