+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

kieshat

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
hey guys,

finally got email from Immigration....

bad news, they are not satisfied with proof provided with proof of dependent. they have requested to have DNA test done.

has anyone ever come across this? what do they mean they not satisfied with proof. My husbands name is on birth certificate and he is the child's legal Guardian (well unofficial since they didn't go to court) but the child has lived with him since 2yrs old he has registered him for school and cared for him and they didn't even ask for proof (we provided birth certificate and signed forms from the mother)

I'm so irritated I'm not busy to deal with all this BS this month. and to top it off DNA test has to be done by an approve Canadian center which i have to find on my own then contact them and provide center information to coordinate.. WTF I've never heard of this madness who the hell wants to take care of someone else child for the last 12yrs then bring them to Canada if you have doubt not your..
Hello, I can't imagine the frustration you are feeling right. I don't know what to say. I am not an expert...but my initial thought is your husband has a right to know why a DNA test was requested. Did he or you ask? I hope this gets resolved quickly and you are reunited with your family soon.

kieshat

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
My husband just call cic... they said that there is no limit when it come on to permanent residence only when it come on to sponsoring your grand parent there is a limit...when it come on to the interview they said they sometimes they will give you the go ahead depends on your application. .if they take your passport they are still doing further Investigations. .
Hi, really. I am more confuse. What would they have to investigate if they already told them they are approved? I would never tell anyone they are approved if I am still investigating. It's clear KVO is a mystery that I am yet to solve. I was thinking the reason they said they are pausing until January is because something happened with the machine/the employee that places the documents in the passport. What do I know. Thanks Wallie_bee for the update.

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
In regards to yesterday, I sent them an email basically begging and pleading. The response I added below, IDK why but I remain really hopeful that I will actually be getting my hubby here for my birthday.

Dear Sir/Madam,

The information submitted is noted and will be considered upon making the final decision on your spouses case.

wooooow you got a reply fast tho
I'm hoping with me being their at the interview and able to help plea our case it may help

Mrs grant

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04/05/2017
Same here he got tru. But they aren't issuing anymore visa until January. He the passports with them. He didn't even do an interview. He said the immigration officer said she has no questions to ask, she is very satisfied with our application n it's approved. Just that no more visa issuing until January. So we r happy n sad. My hubby also met another guy who was told the same thing. He got approved too but January til he gets visa. I wonder if he is ur husband Mrs Grant. My hubby interview was at 9.

Hey hiochick did you receive the pre-arrival letter? I received it about 2hrs ago.

Wallie_bee

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
May 17
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
July 5
Med's Request
June 28
Med's Done....
July 6
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
I'm really confused by this process sigh I just received the pre-arrival letter so what's really going on
What is the pre-arrival letter all about

Mrs grant

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04/05/2017
It's all about getting to know Canada connecting with employers, free services available to newcomers, education and getting to know your new community.
Why send this if they are doing more investigation non of this makes sense very confusing.

Reactions: mel2017

Wallie_bee

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
May 17
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
July 5
Med's Request
June 28
Med's Done....
July 6
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Why send this if they are doing more investigation non of this makes sense very confusing.
Just be confident you almost cross the bridge hopefully by next week your husband get his visa ..just have faith

Reactions: Mrs grant

hipchick

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-04-2017... Sched A.... Submitted 27-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-04-2017...SA 21-04-17
File Transfer...
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
Dec 2016 upfront ..PASSED
Hey hiochick did you receive the pre-arrival letter? I received it about 2hrs ago.
Yes we got it today. I'm VERY confident that our application has been approved. The immigration officer told my husband that. Everybody situation is different. Don't worry about it. N the fact that u have pre approval letter. I think u r worrying when there's no need

Reactions: Zhan07 and mel2017

hipchick

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-04-2017... Sched A.... Submitted 27-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-04-2017...SA 21-04-17
File Transfer...
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
Dec 2016 upfront ..PASSED
Yes we got it today. I'm VERY confident that our application has been approved. The immigration officer told my husband that. Everybody situation is different. Don't worry about it. N the fact that u have pre approval letter. I think u r worrying when there's no need

Pre arrival ***

Mrs grant

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
04/05/2017

I'm not worried more annoyed.

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I got the pre arrival letter the day after. The way they do things cannot be rationalized. I literally had to stop, lol. I have faith that our passports will be returned with stamps. At least I got christmas off this year. Im so happy cause it goes by seniority who can get it off. So I know hubby and 2 children are coming. Been focusing on getting things ready for them.

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
Hello, I can't imagine the frustration you are feeling right. I don't know what to say. I am not an expert...but my initial thought is your husband has a right to know why a DNA test was requested. Did he or you ask? I hope this gets resolved quickly and you are reunited with your family soon.
Thank you,

I'very been very patient waiting so kind of annoyed.

I sent an email asking why and MP aked my husband to sign consent letter so he can call immigration tomorrow so hopefully we will have an answer soon...

We don' have any option if it' requird it will be done because his son lives with him doesn't know his mother much so we can' leave him in Jamaica.

Reactions: kieshat