+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hello Everyone.... I have not been on the on the Kingston Forum for a very long time to see how things are going. I was on the first Kingston thread. I just want to fill you all new member in that after landing in Canada back in April 2016. Today is the day i became a Canadian Citizen. I applied for my citizenship last year after been in the country for 3yrs out of 5yrs. I did the Virtual Oath Ceremony today at 11:00am and it just lasted 30 mins. So now im just waiting for the to mail my citizenship package to me with my certificate. My journey been a very long journey but with God by my side, nothing is impossible.
Congratulations on becoming a Canadian!

Reactions: Tishawn

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
We applied March 2019, everything submitted, Interview held in Feb 2020 (not told at the time of interview what the decision was, so felt a little worried about a denial) and then in early March 2020, we received DM and a Invitation Letter for Pre-arrival services but nothing following up to say what the Decision was. After that, no changes in ECAS at all. I tried requesting info through Webform but received only form letters back. Last week I finally contacted my MP's office and asked if they could help inquire on our behalf. Two days later, I hear back from the MP's office with an update - PPR was emailed to PA back in March 2020! No updates were made to ECAS or CIC to reflect this, possibly because the Covid shutdowns happened shortly after and my husband didn't see the email because it went into a different folder and he rarely checks email (especially since most updates came through ECAS which I monitor regularly). Moral of the story here is: 1) keep regularly checking your email and don't be afraid to reach out to your MP's office and ask for assistance! :D

Has anyone heard anything recent about how long the turnaround is to receive your stamped Passport back once it's submitted by courier? Also, are the COPR docs sent along with the returned passport or do they arrive by email? Thanks!
Do you mind if I ask...how did you reach out to your local MP? Did you call their office or go in to talk to them? It’s been 15 months and no update since my husbands interview on March 12 and then status change on March 16 as well as pre-arrival email the same day. The border shut that same night. Just curious if the same thing has happened here and he missed an email. Spam deletes after 30 days so it could have happened months ago and we don’t realize from March. We have no updates to the online site since Feb when they said a letter was sent which was for the interview he did in March.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016

Daisyflowers

Mar 13, 2020
Hi guys! Got busy didn’t get to update . So I submitted my passport on July 20th after receiving the email to do so. It was ready to pick up by July 27th. Didn’t get to pick up from DHL until the the Friday the 31st. Got the immigrant visa (valid until dec 21st, 2020)with all supporting docs to take with me.

Reactions: ADM2020 and Mossar

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
Hi guys! Got busy didn’t get to update . So I submitted my passport on July 20th after receiving the email to do so. It was ready to pick up by July 27th. Didn’t get to pick up from DHL until the the Friday the 31st. Got the immigrant visa (valid until dec 21st, 2020)with all supporting docs to take with me.
congrats hun

Lola876

Jul 24, 2020
Congratulation.. Kingston or Montego Bay

Reactions: Daisyflowers

jodyj21

Apr 13, 2018
Do you mind if I ask...how did you reach out to your local MP? Did you call their office or go in to talk to them? It’s been 15 months and no update since my husbands interview on March 12 and then status change on March 16 as well as pre-arrival email the same day. The border shut that same night. Just curious if the same thing has happened here and he missed an email. Spam deletes after 30 days so it could have happened months ago and we don’t realize from March. We have no updates to the online site since Feb when they said a letter was sent which was for the interview he did in March.
I think you could do either in person or by phone/email. My MP's office happens to be in the same building as my workplace so I was going to stop in but decided to try by email first. I gave a brief explanation of what I was asking for help with and received a reply the following day via email saying that they would be happy to look into it for us and attached a form for me to sign to authorize their office to inquire on our behalf. I returned the authorization form and provided our File # and some more info (Full legal names, DOB, VO location, etc). A member of his staff called me to give me a verbal update two days later. I don't know if I just got lucky with the quick response time, but it's worth a try! Good luck and hope you get some good news soon! :D

OneilNvic

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hey guys my husband got a call from Kingston immigration today in the morning and they had ask him to get another police clearance because the first one is expired. Does that mean another 2 months delay for us?

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Just an update from us as well. Because our application has been going for just over 15 months, today I contacted my local MP’s office and they gave me a list of information to send them by email and they said they would gladly look into it for us...it’s their job he said. So tonight I will send the info. Will update when we hear back from them
I think you could do either in person or by phone/email. My MP's office happens to be in the same building as my workplace so I was going to stop in but decided to try by email first. I gave a brief explanation of what I was asking for help with and received a reply the following day via email saying that they would be happy to look into it for us and attached a form for me to sign to authorize their office to inquire on our behalf. I returned the authorization form and provided our File # and some more info (Full legal names, DOB, VO location, etc). A member of his staff called me to give me a verbal update two days later. I don't know if I just got lucky with the quick response time, but it's worth a try! Good luck and hope you get some good news soon! :D
so today I decided to call and got a very nice gentleman on the phone. I told him what I was seeking from them and he gave me a list of information that they would require and asked that I send it by email. I have since done that this evening. He stated to me that they were more then happy to assist me in the matter and told me that’s why they are there, to help. Now I wait to see what the reply is...fingers crossed

Reactions: jodyj21

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hey guys my husband got a call from Kingston immigration today in the morning and they had ask him to get another police clearance because the first one is expired. Does that mean another 2 months delay for us?
Seriously? My husband got his originally in March 2019 so that probably means he will need a new one also. It’s been expired for months now. I know the first time even with no Covid it took at least 3 weeks to get it. Maybe I should just get him started on it now...thanks for posting this update

OneilNvic

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Seriously? My husband got his originally in March 2019 so that probably means he will need a new one also. It’s been expired for months now. I know the first time even with no Covid it took at least 3 weeks to get it. Maybe I should just get him started on it now...thanks for posting this update
Yea my husband expired since June and they only called yesterday to tell us that he needs another one and I know everutime they request a document it delays for 2 months smh and his medical will expire in October so what now he gonna obviously do another one.

Waiting101

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Yea my husband expired since June and they only called yesterday to tell us that he needs another one and I know everutime they request a document it delays for 2 months smh and his medical will expire in October so what now he gonna obviously do another one.
My God man. These people are ridiculous and people have to find money yet again to submit documents that was submitted in a timeframe that the application that should have been completed kmt.

OneilNvic

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
My God man. These people are ridiculous and people have to find money yet again to submit documents that was submitted in a timeframe that the application that should have been completed kmt.
Exactly what me and my husband said like these people think we have the world of money. My husband even paying more money to get it faster then waiting 2 weeks for the police clearance which to me doesn't matter because as soon as they get it we are still waiting