+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

kieshat

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
@ludabrown my husband and step daughter was requested to do DNA test as well. The request was made on November 22nd and the fess were paid and email sent to Kingston by the DNA facility on November 24th. I’ve since emailed Kingston to confirm receipt of the email and inquire about appointment date and they haven’t responded. When they called to notify us that DNA was requested I did speak to someone in Kingston Who advised me that was the only thing they were waiting for in order to book the interview and she mentioned interview dates were booking into February at this time. So it’s just waiting for swab. The DNA facility I am using did mention Kingston would begin swab again in January. Keep me updated when they call for the swab appt and I’ll do the same.
@Redsbabes @ludabrown your family will be here soon.

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Dwl girl hubby has been out every chance he gets lol. He’s been out every night since arrival despite the cold and when he first walked out the airport he had the same reaction as Tiffany’s husband he’s been to the movies, toured downtown, clubbing, played pool even found an arena to play football ⚽. So far all is good
Its funny.. My husband wants to find a football arena too!

Reactions: Zhan07

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
Please update us on how he loves Quebec snowfall!!! Lol. Im curious to know
he gears up alot, two sweaters plus a serious winter jacket, two hats, long underpants plus pants hahahahahaha.
But he loveeees it
Driving well that's another story. In jamaica he was a big driver one of the things I loved, here hes having a hard time not only with the snow but so many directions and new rules.

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I've checked the dhl website like 10x since 9am. Nothing...when will this torture end??
You sound like me lol! Hopefully they notify us when they come

Reactions: kieshat

PrincessKm

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
I've checked the dhl website like 10x since 9am. Nothing...when will this torture end??
So a little update ! My husband called dhl they told him to check in the evening. She said dhl goes to embassy everyday but they don’t go pick up until afternoon. All the packages is put in a big bag and dhl picks it up and it gets sent to Kingston headquarter. Now when it reach Kingston they scan each package. When your package gets scanned that’s when it updates on the dhl website. Then the Carrier gets it and issues the following day. So she said anytime after 6 o’clock them time is a good time to check the dhl website.

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
@ludabrown my husband and step daughter was requested to do DNA test as well. The request was made on November 22nd and the fess were paid and email sent to Kingston by the DNA facility on November 24th. I’ve since emailed Kingston to confirm receipt of the email and inquire about appointment date and they haven’t responded. When they called to notify us that DNA was requested I did speak to someone in Kingston Who advised me that was the only thing they were waiting for in order to book the interview and she mentioned interview dates were booking into February at this time. So it’s just waiting for swab. The DNA facility I am using did mention Kingston would begin swab again in January. Keep me updated when they call for the swab appt and I’ll do the same.

Oh perfect thanks for the information. I emailed KVO as well with no response. the DNA lab did confirm they sent everything to KVO and they will contact me for appointment. so good to know that they will start swabbing January. but my letter says they need results by January 9th (60 days) we got the letter November 10th and I contacted the lab and paid the fees Nov 14th by the 15th they confirmed everything was sent.

I had MP contact kvo about DNA request and they told him the same thing as you. everything else is in order they just need DNA to prove the relationship between him and his oldest son who is the only one that had name amended on birth certificate the other 2 children are fine as fathers name was on the original BC.

to be honest i really think the whole DNA thing is a waste of time because if I really wanted that child in Canada and the DNA fails I could go to JA and Adopt him and bring him to Canada since he doesn't have a mother. they really should start using logic and common sense when processing applications... so silly lolol but it is what it is gotta keep the DNA labs active and in business..

I hope this doesn't get drag out for us.. I didn't have anyone to relate to until now so keep me posted and ill do the same.

question is your step Daughter listed as accompanying or non-accompanying. perhaps this can help new applicants.

Had i known about this DNA thing we would have done non-accompanying and then do a separate application for dependents when he arrived.

kieshat

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
he gears up alot, two sweaters plus a serious winter jacket, two hats, long underpants plus pants hahahahahaha.
But he loveeees it
Driving well that's another story. In jamaica he was a big driver one of the things I loved, here hes having a hard time not only with the snow but so many directions and new rules.
Lol. With that much protection he'll never get cold rofl

kieshat

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
So a little update ! My husband called dhl they told him to check in the evening. She said dhl goes to embassy everyday but they don’t go pick up until afternoon. All the packages is put in a big bag and dhl picks it up and it gets sent to Kingston headquarter. Now when it reach Kingston they scan each package. When your package gets scanned that’s when it updates on the dhl website. Then the Carrier gets it and issues the following day. So she said anytime after 6 o’clock them time is a good time to check the dhl website.
Finally some concrete info. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we are in this afternoon batch.

Reactions: PrincessKm

Redsbabes

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Niagara Falls
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
07-27-2017
Doc's Request.
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
02-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-09-2017
Med's Request
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
Passed 09-10-2017
Interview........
13-03-2018
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Oh perfect thanks for the information. I emailed KVO as well with no response. the DNA lab did confirm they sent everything to KVO and they will contact me for appointment. so good to know that they will start swabbing January. but my letter says they need results by January 9th (60 days) we got the letter November 10th and I contacted the lab and paid the fees Nov 14th by the 15th they confirmed everything was sent.

I had MP contact kvo about DNA request and they told him the same thing as you. everything else is in order they just need DNA to prove the relationship between him and his oldest son who is the only one that had name amended on birth certificate the other 2 children are fine as fathers name was on the original BC.

to be honest i really think the whole DNA thing is a waste of time because if I really wanted that child in Canada and the DNA fails I could go to JA and Adopt him and bring him to Canada since he doesn't have a mother. they really should start using logic and common sense when processing applications... so silly lolol but it is what it is gotta keep the DNA labs active and in business..

I hope this doesn't get drag out for us.. I didn't have anyone to relate to until now so keep me posted and ill do the same.

question is your step Daughter listed as accompanying or non-accompanying. perhaps this can help new applicants.

Had i known about this DNA thing we would have done non-accompanying and then do a separate application for dependents when he arrived.
My step daughter is accompanying. My husbands name was added to the birth certificate after that is why they are asking for it BUT i read up on it and a fathers name was not required on the birth certificate if the mother and father were not married. But the laws changed ai think in 2012 where regardless of marriage or not the fathers name has to be on it.

She had his last name from birth and what the immigration personnel advised me is that there are a lot of fraudulent cases so they have to ask for a DNA test.

But my step daughter has always lived in the same community as her father and I sent extensive amount of photos. I agree with you about the money thing because having to shell out $650 on top of the other fees is ridiculous. I wrote to my MP as well about not being told up front about possible DNA test.

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
My step daughter is accompanying. My husbands name was added to the birth certificate after that is why they are asking for it BUT i read up on it and a fathers name was not required on the birth certificate if the mother and father were not married. But the laws changed ai think in 2012 where regardless of marriage or not the fathers name has to be on it.

She had his last name from birth and what the immigration personnel advised me is that there are a lot of fraudulent cases so they have to ask for a DNA test.

But my step daughter has always lived in the same community as her father and I sent extensive amount of photos. I agree with you about the money thing because having to shell out $650 on top of the other fees is ridiculous. I wrote to my MP as well about not being told up front about possible DNA test.

just ridiculous.. had I known I would definitely beat them to it and adopted the child from we got married 2014 and he would have became a citizen automatically since I'm a citizen, but I was so lazy to deal with JA court system as slow as they are that process would have been done before this and a whole lot cheaper.. lol

or they could have requested DNA testing during the medical testing to save time like i had to wait 6 months to be told DNA testing is required now have to wait another 2 months to do the test and lord knows how long it will take for them to review the results so lets just add another 2months then wait another 2 months for interview that's pushing 12 months like damn KVO killing my time..

Then if my husband wasn't financially capable to handle all these expenses I would be just be hit... paying for a wedding, then application fee, police record, medical, DNA, Airline tickets, winter clothes GAWD Damn

Redsbabes

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Niagara Falls
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
07-27-2017
Doc's Request.
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
02-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-09-2017
Med's Request
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
Passed 09-10-2017
Interview........
13-03-2018
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending

Apparently they only do swabs every other month the last ones ending November. So let’s see. I will definitely let you know if I hear anything furthermore