+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just Landed - Thanks to all the helpful hints !!!!!

Prasad2008

Oct 27, 2008
Hi All
We completed our Landing yesterday - after all the preparations, it was a breezy affair.
We came in via Frankfurt into Toronto. From the customs counter we were directed to the 'First Landing' section. We handed in the passports and the COPR forms. The questions were about country of origin, health and number of children. Another question regarding the funds I was bringing in followed by a Canadian address for PR Card (I gave a friend's).
That was about it - passports stamped and COPR copy stapled - no questions about other documents - in any case I was carrying dossiers for all my education / job documents, marriage / kids's birth/immunization certificates.
We were directed to another counter where we were given the welcome kit - lots of printed material for new-comers.And after that we collected the baggage and were out !! The whole process took just about 30 minutes.
Look forward to spending the next 2 weeks exploring Toronto and deciding on an area to settle in on the return in Sep for the school start.
Thanks to the responses posted to all the queries - It was really helpful going thru the posts in this forum.
Regards
Prasad

Prasad2008

Oct 27, 2008
We were asked how much funds we were bringing in.
Thanks Marlena - it indeed is a beautiful country...count ourselves lucky to be in it !!!
Regards

Prasad2008

Oct 27, 2008
Hi Prem

We are temporarily in Mississauga - I have liberally floated my resume in the market !!! Going thru interviews - It is progress in a way !!
Regards
Prasad

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
Its truth - Its not just my feeling
just a comparision between 2 developed countries
people compare growth of developed country and undeveloped country
Why dont they compare 2 developed countries
Also, US has many man made beauties around skyscrappers, 100s of freways connecting the country and some natural beauty too
Canada has less sky scrappers and very less freeways compared to US but abundant land ie natural beauty and snow
No offense - but we should not exaggerate or diminalize anything
I will live in canada tho,
Proly in Alberta, cause I dont like too much development and hustle and bustle of big cities like Toronto
Also, i love snow, so perfect match for me
But neva know, I might move if I dont like it there

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Yes I agree with Boncuk. It's privilege to be in Canada !!!
Of course you can't compare it to the US.
Remember in life you can't have the full package. You should be thankful to have a good future in Canada because not too many countries offer what Canada have and give.
Anyways it's my own opinion.

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
hi mr.prem,
can u please tell me how u prepared the list of things u brought with u when u entered canada i mean all ur clothings n household thing. actually i m planning to move to edmonton on 11th aug by air canada.n booking agent told that we can carry only 23 kg per adult +5kg hand bags it comes out to be 56 kg only so what to carry n but not ,as i have only some family frns here. please guide me i m little bit nervous

Tonio

Apr 7, 2009
Just Chill where r u flying from ? If its a trans atlantic flight u r allowed 2 x 23 kilos per person with air canada.