+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just landed! Question about travelling without PR card..

Rockin_Zombie

Oct 3, 2011
hi guys,

I have finally landed after much hassle, thanks to this forum for all the help. But I am having another issue right away: me and my wife booked a vacation to Cuba for a week in the last week of August. However, since I landed today, I would not be receiving my PR card before that. I assumed that since I have my study permit and multiple-entry visa (both valid till 2014), re-entering won't be an issue. But apparently I can not re-enter without my PR card. I know about the Permanent Residency Travel Document, but it does not apply in my case, since I am already in Canada. The main problem is, the booking was non-refundable, so we are losing a considerable amount of money here:(. Is there ANYWAY I can go on that trip, or do I just have to write-off that money and move on? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are holding one of the visa-exempted passports and landing paper, you won't be expecting any problems returning to Canada from Cuba.

Rockin_Zombie

Oct 3, 2011
It's not a visa exempted passport, but I have a multiple entry visa on my passport, valid till 2014, does that count for anything now that I have landed? Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rockin_Zombie said:
It's not a visa exempted passport, but I have a multiple entry visa on my passport, valid till 2014, does that count for anything now that I have landed? Thanks

Nope, the TRV is no longer valid. Usually CBSA/CIC cancel it by drawing a line through it.

Rockin_Zombie

Oct 3, 2011
Thanks, guess we are losing the money :( Faxed them my ticket and proof of payment, I know probably it won't make a difference, but taking a chance