+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just Incase

ManKaur

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
has there been any case wherein visa was rejected due to extra documents (financial documents, other than checklist) attached under spp category. Please respond.

itwarriorkarve

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
What you need to understand is that the VO has 10, maybe 15 minutes to go through all your documents, understand your case and make a decision. Too many documents, especially unnecessary ones, not only makes it frustrating to the VO to understand your case, it may even confuse him. He may doubt your intent to study mistaking your excessive documents for your desperation to land in Canada. So although it wont do any harm (a VO may simply choose to ignore the extra documents) it is advisable to provide only those documents as per CIC's guidelines and keep your file as "to the point" as possible.

ManKaur

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
What I did was kept those extra docs all the way behind the main set made according to the checklist, i really hope they ignore the documents.

itwarriorkarve

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
ManKaur said:
What I did was kept those extra docs all the way behind the main set made according to the checklist, i really hope they ignore the documents.
Yeah that's a good move... Generally they should just ignore or go through on a very very high level. But is some twisted VO, who has had a really bad day, decides to go through them in a lil more detail it could be slightly dangerous. But, at a high level, I don't think it should be a big issue. You should get your visa without any hassels.