+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

just got this email from ielts - ielts takers please help!

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
"Please note that the Listening, Reading & Writing (L/R/W) test will begin at 13:00hrs, however you are required to be present at the venue by 11:30hrs in order to complete registration formalities. The test is expected to finish at 16:00hrs and there will not be any break between the papers.
"

What are the registration formalities?!

How long does it take?

After completion,do we get a chance to go outside and read inside or even read while we are inside?

can we access mobile phones (just in case) after completin of these formalities?

and again, how long will they take?

Thank you :)

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
well bros seems like you didnt read well....i am talking about the timebetween 11.30 and 13.00 hours

exam starts at 13.00 hours...

thank you

stilldreaming

Dec 7, 2014
Well, as far as I can remember, there is a very long wait at the entrance of exam centres. You will need time to check your seating plan and also you will need time to keep your personal belongings away. You are only allowed to take your ID, exam ticket and pencils, I think. Most centres will give you water bottle and pencils. Use this waiting time to go to the toilet so you don't waste time in the middle of the exam. Approx. 45 minutes before exam you have to take your seat and then again wait while answer sheets are distributed and the rules are read out. They also test sound levels of speakers for those centres where individual headsets are not provided. Just be relaxed!

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
steakpie said:
"Please note that the Listening, Reading & Writing (L/R/W) test will begin at 13:00hrs, however you are required to be present at the venue by 11:30hrs in order to complete registration formalities. The test is expected to finish at 16:00hrs and there will not be any break between the papers.
"

How long does it take?

After completion,do we get a chance to go outside and read inside or even read while we are inside?

can we access mobile phones (just in case) after completin of these formalities?

The reporting time for your IELTS time is 11.30 AM and exam starts at 1 PM.
They call you well in advance for registration because there at least 1000 students per centre and it takes time to register and allocate seats to each one.

If you wish to not go soon you can go a bit later and enter the que of registration towards the end, because once you go for registration you have to give away all your belongings at the security only you will have your passport and stationary thats it . Once registered you have to go and sit at your allocated seat and wait for everyone to complete their registration and wait for the test to start .

I f you want to use the washroom please do it prior of registering because after that you will not get a chance to use the washroom untill your all 3 tests are over and thats a long time. Also the air conditioner temperatures are normally too low at the centre and by the end it gets freezing cold there and almost everyone wants to rush to the washrooms.

So I would suggest use the washroom prior entering the exam hall and do not drink too much water . If you cannot bare cold do carry your jacket along.

Hope this helps . Everything I told you was from my experience at the IELTS exam held by British Council I do not know the scenario for IDP.

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hey thanks a lot,I am at British council as well..

But ,if I enter there at say 12.20 , do you think they will allow me in?
no problems? no risks involved?

I guess it should be okay , but since you are experienced might as well as you :)

Thanks again :)

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
steakpie said:
Hey thanks a lot,I am at British council as well..

But ,if I enter there at say 12.20 , do you think they will allow me in?
no problems? no risks involved?

I guess it should be okay , but since you are experienced might as well as you :)

Thanks again :)
UMM... I suggest do not take any risks ! try to reach by 12 -12.15 max !
There is a good waiting hall there so dont worry you will not have to stand in the sun or something!
Go sit there and once you see that the line is about to end then you can probably join in!
All the best :)

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
steakpie said:
"

How long does it take?

If they say you are required to be there at 11.30, be there at that time. Why is it so hard to comply with that?

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
ConfusedGirl93 said:
UMM... I suggest do not take any risks ! try to reach by 12 -12.15 max !
There is a good waiting hall there so dont worry you will not have to stand in the sun or something!
Go sit there and once you see that the line is about to end then you can probably join in!
All the best :)
Yeah that sounds good I'll be there by 12 but join only when its about to end..

Thanks a lot!

:)