+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

just got the email!!

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
My spouse, who's a dependent on my application, just received an email yesterday from: IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (I did not get an email nor a response in spam/junk).

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation."

Upon searching the forum, I believe the above is legit.

We will be out of the U.S. for more than 30 days starting Sept 7, and am concerned we won't get out passports back in time for our travels if we ship them 8/28.

I have two questions:
1) How long does it take for the passports to be processed and returned (if i include overnight return package)? or is this subjective and differs from case to another?

2) Can I provide an alternative shipping address to the destination we're flying to for them to send it (outside of North America)?

Appreciate any guidance or feedback as I don't want to waste time and lost the opportunity,

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
My spouse, who's a dependent on my application, just received an email yesterday from: IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (I did not get an email nor a response in spam/junk).

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation."

We will be out of the U.S. for more than 30 days starting Sept 7, and am concerned we won't get out passports back in time for our travels if we ship them 8/28.

I have two questions:
1) How long does it take for the passports to be processed and returned (if i include overnight return package)? or is this subjective and differs from case to another?

2) Can I provide an alternative shipping address to the destination we're flying to for them to send it (outside of North America)?

Appreciate any guidance or feedback as I don't want to waste time and lost the opportunity,
1- Timeline differs from one visa office to another. It can be from few days to a month.
2- I dont understand this second part, how will they ship your passports to your destination? If you submit your passport how will you fly then?

Reactions: bkbk8

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
1) case by case
2) Unless you have a second set of passports, I'm not sure that's feasible.

Reactions: bkbk8

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
1) case by case
2) Unless you have a second set of passports, I'm not sure that's feasible.
Thanks for all your responses. My apologies, I meant to say if I fly to country X (where I will be staying longer than 30 days) Can I send it from there and have them send it back to country X? Or does is it have to be back to the US where I actually reside?

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
1- Timeline differs from one visa office to another. It can be from few days to a month.
2- I dont understand this second part, how will they ship your passports to your destination? If you submit your passport how will you fly then?
Thanks for all your responses. My apologies, I meant to say if I fly to country X (where I will be staying longer than 30 days) Can I send it from there and have them send it back to country X? Or does is it have to be back to the US where I actually reside?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Unfortunately i do not think this is possible. Usually you can send passports to the vo responsible for your country of residence, but when it comes to ppr, i am not quite sure how will they react seeing your passport sent from an address different than whats indicated in your profile. What people usually do is contacting cic and asking for a new ppr based on the new address. So, I will give it a pass this time. Cant risk putting you in a situation because of a wrong info. I would say call and ask them, best way to be safe.
Good luck

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You might as well request to get it stamped in country X when you arrive there. It shouldn't take more than 30 days.

TheGodofAngelArmies

Aug 16, 2017

I have two questions:

Why not write a letter explaining your situation plus attach your tickets and hotel stay if applicable asking for an extension. I had same issue, emailed them and got a 30 day extension by the next day. (Was initially emailing my LVO and got no response so I emailed Ottawa cos unlike your mail mine did not have an email address to write to if we are unable to send our passports within the specified time).

Reactions: bkbk8 and Nc31

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
There are threads in this forum regarding passports submitted to Ottawa, give it 3-4 weeks and some people are waiting even 5 weeks (not years sorry, it was a typo) in some cases.

Last edited:

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
There are threads in this forum regarding passports submitted to Ottawa, give it 3-4 weeks and some people are waiting even 5 years in some cases.
What do you mean 5 years? This is for Express entry which was introduced in 2015, how can they be waiting over 5 years to receive passports??? Are you referring to a different type of application?

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Why not write a letter explaining your situation plus attach your tickets and hotel stay if applicable asking for an extension. I had same issue, emailed them and got a 30 day extension by the next day. (Was initially emailing my LVO and got no response so I emailed Ottawa cos unlike your mail mine did not have an email address to write to if we are unable to send our passports within the specified time).
I will be doing that today, thanks for the advice.

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
What do you mean 5 years? This is for Express entry which was introduced in 2015, how can they be waiting over 5 years to receive passports??? Are you referring to a different type of application?
sorry, typo! I meant 5 weeks. edited the post now.

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca requesting to transfer my visa center closer to where I will be on the 29th of August but have not heard back yet.

Am I being impatient or does it usually take long? I've heard people get answers the day after or within 2 business days. Also, is there a phone # I could call to inquire about this?