+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just Curiosity

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Hello Friends,
I applied in Sep2006, and I have received my AOR. I know it is tooo early to expect any kind of communication from CIC, but just for curiosity I wanna know when could I expect any initial communication, or when there will be IA of my application. I believe miracles do happen.

Cool

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
hi SnC,

First of all congrats :) I also applied in Sept and still I am waiting for my AOR :(

anyway, I read on other posts that CIC mentions expected wait time to process the application in AOR. Isnt it the case with you? they dint give u a tentative date or wait period?

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi SoftnCool

As Finro just said, you should receive an estimate time of start processing along with the AOR in writing.

also the time of process depends of which country you are applying from, it is very important since some have just a few months while others have years

For instance, I received my AOR in February 2005 and got the initial contact on May 05. I am still in process by the way (I am applying from Mexico)

Regards
Eduardo

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Hello Eduardo and Finpro,
Thanks for your replies. My AOR tells me no processing will occur on my file for approximately 36 to 42 months. Is it real? By the way I applied from Pakistan and in federal skilled class. I wonder why it is taking so long. Where I have read things have improved, and now CIC is striving for better service. Computerized case management and other such initiative should have improved things.
Cool

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
SnC,

Thats the reality my friend. You have to wait about 3.5 to 4 years for processing if u have applied from Pakistan.

As we say in Urdu:
Sabar karo bhai ... sabar ka phal meetha hota hia

FinPro

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Here you go SoftandCool

You have not choice other than wait... be patient my friend... it worth it.

My letter said that I will be contacted within 12 to 24 Months, so far has been almost 21 Months since my AOR, it means that what they say is what they do
Regards
Eduardo

roger

Nov 20, 2006
Hi,

I dont no how much time it takes from Pakistan but i know from India it will take minimum 5.5 to 6 yrs fro you to immigrate. I've applied in Dec 2003 still no commuincation. Its better to go to quebec or go as student if u dont want to wait.
bye