+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just a question Does calling cic affect the application I heard requesting atip does

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Folks and mate a question I have

Does calling cic agent on the phone regarding th citizenship file makes a notification for the case officer working

On the the file to be noted that the client called to know the status of the citizenship file

Do they get to know ?

Or it's just till the end in the call center ?

Kindly hope to have a reply

with regards

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turboracer said:
Hi

Folks and mate a question I have

Does calling cic agent on the phone regarding th citizenship file makes a notification for the case officer working

On the the file to be noted that the client called to know the status of the citizenship file

Do they get to know ?

Or it's just till the end in the call center ?

Kindly hope to have a reply

with regards
I don't think calling or even ATIP request affect application processing time. Even if someone in this forum says it affects it is only hear say. There is no confirmed information on the same. I would keep the ATIP physical request to minimum as it requires someone to pull out your records and provide information on all the things you have on file. The person doing it may miss some document which may be a problem for you. Requesting electronic file contnet's copy of the ATIP should not affect timeline as it is just a click of a button to genearte the report and send it over to you.

I used to call the 1-800 number every week. So calling will not affect. My case got finalized in 14 months with RQ.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
chikloo said:
I don't think calling or even ATIP request affect application processing time. Even if someone in this forum says it affects it is only hear say. There is no confirmed information on the same. I would keep the ATIP physical request to minimum as it requires someone to pull out your records and provide information on all the things you have on file. The person doing it may miss some document which may be a problem for you. Requesting electronic file contnet's copy of the ATIP should not affect timeline as it is just a click of a button to genearte the report and send it over to you.

I used to call the 1-800 number every week. So calling will not affect. My case got finalized in 14 months with RQ.
Hi Chikloo, When you called the CIC helpline, what did you ask? I have tried calling them several times and I get the standard response 'Your file is non-routine, Please call us after 36 months'. I applied in Oct last year, got RQed in Jan, sent back my documents in Feb and still awaiting test invite. My ATIP also didn't reveal anything, just shows that the security clearances has been received. Sucks to see my friends who applied way after me to get the test invite and oath in some cases, while I sit here and ponder what's going on. I think I am stuck with a lazy officer who is procrastinating to call me for the test :) Any advice here is appreciated. Thanks!

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavasi said:
Hi Chikloo, When you called the CIC helpline, what did you ask? I have tried calling them several times and I get the standard response 'Your file is non-routine, Please call us after 36 months'. I applied in Oct last year, got RQed in Jan, sent back my documents in Feb and still awaiting test invite. My ATIP also didn't reveal anything, just shows that the security clearances has been received. Sucks to see my friends who applied way after me to get the test invite and oath in some cases, while I sit here and ponder what's going on. I think I am stuck with a lazy officer who is procrastinating to call me for the test :) Any advice here is appreciated. Thanks!
Hi,
I will usually hit the same standard response but once in a while a nice person who understands. He/She will look into the file and say whats going on. I totally understand your frustration. Some of my friends who applied got it within 6 months and felt like I'm being punished. My advise may also seem ridiculous as I have completed the process.
The only suggestion is that take your mind off of it and it will happen. I did not know what to do and then stopped looking at it for a month and one sudden day the pink letter came. It was a pleasant and amazing surprise like I won a lottery. So I think the moment you forget this you will see this does not affect your life at all. (having said that I do not know your life situation and you could have very many reasons to have it ASAP)
All the best. Keep trying the call center. Never show your frustration to them. You will get some harsh some stupid. Collect yourself and call back again.

with ATIP it is tricky it will give you information on what is your current status but only glimpses of it. Go to the notes section and find out the latest date. Mine said it was in some BOX 127 back shelving unit from such a such a date waiting to be assigned to a case officer. I thought it will take years together coz there must be 126 more shelving units before me. So it was not the case or I got kicked up into the front of the line for some reason.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:

Thanks a lot

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
chikloo said:
Hi,
I will usually hit the same standard response but once in a while a nice person who understands. He/She will look into the file and say whats going on. I totally understand your frustration. Some of my friends who applied got it within 6 months and felt like I'm being punished. My advise may also seem ridiculous as I have completed the process.
The only suggestion is that take your mind off of it and it will happen. I did not know what to do and then stopped looking at it for a month and one sudden day the pink letter came. It was a pleasant and amazing surprise like I won a lottery. So I think the moment you forget this you will see this does not affect your life at all. (having said that I do not know your life situation and you could have very many reasons to have it ASAP)
All the best. Keep trying the call center. Never show your frustration to them. You will get some harsh some stupid. Collect yourself and call back again.

with ATIP it is tricky it will give you information on what is your current status but only glimpses of it. Go to the notes section and find out the latest date. Mine said it was in some BOX 127 back shelving unit from such a such a date waiting to be assigned to a case officer. I thought it will take years together coz there must be 126 more shelving units before me. So it was not the case or I got kicked up into the front of the line for some reason.
Thanks Chikloo, All the agents I have spoken to so far have denied having access to my case files, which basically makes me doubt their very existence. Imagine calling a Call Center and the agent tells you how they don't have access to the information you have called them for!! I will keep calling them, I guess :) Thanks again!

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavasi said:
Thanks Chikloo, All the agents I have spoken to so far have denied having access to my case files, which basically makes me doubt their very existence. Imagine calling a Call Center and the agent tells you how they don't have access to the information you have called them for!! I will keep calling them, I guess :) Thanks again!
True trust me u will get an agent u will

Their would be someone who is good they used to decline me

But trust me they are open from 8 to 7 I kept calling and finally I got one at 3 ish they said me everything

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Hi,

you are right

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Hi,

Thanks for the confidence so basically

They will just look into the file and see the status of it and see how the file is

They don't have control over it

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
turboracer said:
Thanks for the confidence so basically

They will just look into the file and see the status of it and see how the file is

They don't have control over it
Never heard about any note added to your file when you call them. I don't think they will put anything such that. I did call them a couple of times to get the status of my application and I do not think they mark you down when you call them...

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
Never heard about any note added to your file when you call them. I don't think they will put anything such that. I did call them a couple of times to get the status of my application and I do not think they mark you down when you call them...
Really thanks a lot !!!

Thanks so much for the information

Thanks

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Hi,

True its wise to call and find out

and what you said is really true