+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Hi Varun,

My wife applied in June 2022 and passed test in December. After that there was a long pause and just recently on July 1 she received her background check cleared and after some days LLP also cleared. She is now scheduled for oath on August 8. The processing time on the website is 19 months as per best of my knowledge. In case you inquire before that time, IRCC will give you a generic response even if you try to approach your MP. Therefore, the best thing is to wait within your processing time. Hopefully you will get it done by or before that time. It will be a waste of your effort and time to contact IRCC before 19 months. My idea regarding my wife's application was also the same. Best of luck!
Same with my wife. Her tracker was updated today but no email. Oath is on 10th of August 2023.

shirin1313

Jul 5, 2019
I recieved an email today that I have to reply to the email with the scans of the passport I hold during my eligibility time? does anyone knows what they need my passport for? are they doing another background check? my background check was done in December 5 2022. Email is from "dncitvantests@cic.gc.ca" which I think is the test examiner? I did my test in July 17 and pass with tracker update in July 25.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
I recieved an email today that I have to reply to the email with the scans of the passport I hold during my eligibility time? does anyone knows what they need my passport for? are they doing another background check? my background check was done in December 5 2022. Email is from "dncitvantests@cic.gc.ca" which I think is the test examiner? I did my test in July 17 and pass with tracker update in July 25.
Send all PP pages of all passports you hold.

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
It can be anything they ask randomly. As per best of my knowledge background checks remain valid for 12 months. It seems that they are asking the copies of your passport for any other purpose. Let's say, most probably, for your current travel history applicable to citizenship application and calculating number of days. Hope for the best. Good luck!

ApexMobile

Jun 9, 2023
Hi,

Today I got the invitation for oath ceremony. IRCC sent 3 separate invitations (myself and 2 children) for oath ceremony. I am outside Canada and will come over just for the ceremony and then will go back as we had planned to come back in March next year.

I want to know if the kids are required to attend this ceremony as they are under 14? In my application I did mention that they ll not attend the ceremony but I still got their invitation. I really appreciate if someone could help me with this query.

Thank you.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

Today I got the invitation for oath ceremony. IRCC sent 3 separate invitations (myself and 2 children) for oath ceremony. I am outside Canada and will come over just for the ceremony and then will go back as we had planned to come back in March next year.

I want to know if the kids are required to attend this ceremony as they are under 14? In my application I did mention that they ll not attend the ceremony but I still got their invitation. I really appreciate if someone could help me with this query.

Thank you.
Who has to take the oath-
Adults and children aged 14 or over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath.

Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. Children under age 14 don’t have to go, but are welcome to.

Last edited:
Reactions: ApexMobile