June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

aifarooqi

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Other
Update:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1121
Application: Family (2 adults & 2 Minor)
Application sent: June 22, 2022
Delivered: June 24, 2022
AOR: July 06, 2022
Ecas update: August 12 - In Process
Background check changed to completed: August 17, 2022
Citizenship test scheduled on tracker: August 24 - Test window: August 29 - Sep 18 (Email Received: August 25, 2022)
Test Passed: August 31, 2022
Test Passed Wife: September 01, 2022

For test preparation practice tests recommended:
  • Richmond Library
  • Apna Toronto
  • Toronto Library
Read the Discover Canada Book once and underline all important points/incidents and practice tests.

Update the spreadsheet.

Reactions: BK1993 and A_S

Braile

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Update:

Physical Presence Days: 1121
Application: Family (2 adults & 2 Minor)
Application sent: June 22, 2022
Delivered: June 24, 2022
AOR: July 06, 2022
Ecas update: August 12 - In Process
Background check changed to completed: August 17, 2022
Citizenship test scheduled on tracker: August 24 - Test window: August 29 - Sep 18 (Email Received: August 25, 2022)
Test Passed: August 31, 2022
Test Passed Wife: September 01, 2022
Hi! Your kids, is their background check also complete or is just for you or you wife. In our case, kids are still in process.

Just curious, what does background check mean and how it differs from let say the prohibitions check?

aifarooqi

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Other
Hi! Your kids, is their background check also complete or is just for you or you wife. In our case, kids are still in process.

Just curious, what does background check mean and how it differs from let say the prohibitions check?
No update on kids file its still on July 14, 2022 update. It doesn't matter once our reach at final stage all will be updated on kids files

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi friends, heres my status:
Physical Presence Days: 1500+
Application: Family
Application sent: June 24, 2022
Delivered: June 30, 2022
AOR: July 12, 2022
In-progress: July 13, 2022
BG complete: Aug 25,2022

No email yet. Those who received fingerprint request, was it before completion of background check or after it?

Almost always FP comes before background check except in rare cases.

Reactions: trampoline2022

iceman55

May 1, 2022
So is there anyone with online application and completed BG? I still can’t even creat account in the tracker
How long has it been? Most who couldn't create the account the following day were able to do so within a few days, some after a week, a few after a month, there was one case where the wait time was 3 months and the longest I've seen is six months.

As far as I could tell from the previous posts, it didn't affect the processing time and the submitted application was intact for IRCC processing. I don't know if their applications suddenly became accessible when it started processing (like BG check etc) but all you can do in the meantime is trying to contact them. Also there were quite a few posts on the issue about a month and a half ago and almost all were resolved within a week. I haven't seen many after that (I have also not been as active). It's possible it needs some action from the local office. No one knows.

You can also write a physical letter to the Sydney citizenship address (or whatever address is on your AOR) explaining them the situation/what has happened so far/your attempts to contact IRCC etc and providing them all the info to help track down the application (Full Name, DOB, UCI, Application Number, Application date, type of application (Grant of Citizenship - Adults), submission date, AOR Date, a copy of the AOR email and the AOR pdf attachment, your physical and email addresses, phone number as well as may be attach one copy of ID that you used in the original application). Since you cannot reach the Sydney office by phone, I'm guessing this could be one way to reach them and if they're doing the intake work, my guess is they might have a better understanding of the problem than anyone else.

Another thing you can do is to submit a GCMS notes asking for your application status. Unlike many that submit GCMS requests for no real reason, yours is a deserving one. This is just to make sure your application is available on the system and accessible to IRCC officials. There are some methods on how to ask GCMS notes, search for past posts on how to submit GCMS. I think you cannot include any question formats, you can only ask for data/documents etc. Make sure to mention you want to check the health of your submitted application because you haven't been able to create the tracking account.

Good luck.

everyonesbestfriend

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
How long has it been? Most who couldn't create the account the following day were able to do so within a few days, some after a week, a few after a month, there was one case where the wait time was 3 months and the longest I've seen is six months.

As far as I could tell from the previous posts, it didn't affect the processing time and the submitted application was intact for IRCC processing. I don't know if their applications suddenly became accessible when it started processing (like BG check etc) but all you can do in the meantime is trying to contact them. Also there were quite a few posts on the issue about a month and a half ago and almost all were resolved within a week. I haven't seen many after that (I have also not been as active). It's possible it needs some action from the local office. No one knows.

You can also write a physical letter to the Sydney citizenship address (or whatever address is on your AOR) explaining them the situation/what has happened so far/your attempts to contact IRCC etc and providing them all the info to help track down the application (Full Name, DOB, UCI, Application Number, Application date, type of application (Grant of Citizenship - Adults), submission date, AOR Date, a copy of the AOR email and the AOR pdf attachment, your physical and email addresses, phone number as well as may be attach one copy of ID that you used in the original application). Since you cannot reach the Sydney office by phone, I'm guessing this could be one way to reach them and if they're doing the intake work, my guess is they might have a better understanding of the problem than anyone else.

Another thing you can do is to submit a GCMS notes asking for your application status. Unlike many that submit GCMS requests for no real reason, yours is a deserving one. This is just to make sure your application is available on the system and accessible to IRCC officials. There are some methods on how to ask GCMS notes, search for past posts on how to submit GCMS. I think you cannot include any question formats, you can only ask for data/documents etc. Make sure to mention you want to check the health of your submitted application because you haven't been able to create the tracking account.

Good luck.
Thanks, my application is in the system and they can see it, I just can’t create it in the tracker and see it myself and it’s been like that for 2.5 months now. Agent over phone can’t help with it and web form submitted 2 months ago was addressed recently that they took an action and it is resolved. Guess what - it is not and still doesn’t work.

Reactions: sahibo

BahaB

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Please Update:

Type: Paper Application
Physical Presence Days: 1150
Application: Family of 4
Application submitted: June 6th, 2022
AOR: June 17, 2022
In progress: June 20, 2022
Background Completed: July 25, 2022
Test Invite: August 29, 2022

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Thanks, my application is in the system and they can see it, I just can’t create it in the tracker and see it myself and it’s been like that for 2.5 months now. Agent over phone can’t help with it and web form submitted 2 months ago was addressed recently that they took an action and it is resolved. Guess what - it is not and still doesn’t work.
I would say write an old-school letter to Sydney hoping it will land in different hands and see if they can fix it.

Reactions: A_S

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
It’s been 3 months in my case, still can’t register.

daveonline

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Update: FP were requested and given on August 5, 2022. IRCC received FP from RCMP on September 1, background updated to complete on September 2.
How do you know when did IRCC get the results? I gave my fingerprints on Aug 12, RCMP sent the results on Aug 26 and no further updates so far.
I know there was a long weekend, hoping IRCC updates my case this week.