+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

syed_hussain

Jan 27, 2022
Hello Syed, we have not heard back anything not even an acknowledgement that they have received documents. My ECAS still shows documents required. I am very stressed with the situation. When I call them I am not able to get through any human being. It says background check in progress and additional documents required but we already submitted those documents. Did you hear anything or have acknowledgement of documents? However, my timeline is as following:
App received : July 12th
AOR 1 : 10th September
Sponsor Approval/ Biometrics : 20th Sept
Medical request : 21st Sept
File moved to NDVO: 24th sept
Biometrics done: 24th Sept
Medical submitted : 8th Oct
Additional doc requested : Jan 6th
Additional document : Feb 4th
and since then I have no news :( Please let me know if you have received anything.
No @alisha We haven't heard back anything yet :( . did you try checking in the new portal for the status of the Additional document request?

ukp90

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
Hi All
I got request from NDVO to submit additional documents to ndvo, they requested attachments less than 3mb when replying back to their email delhiimmigration...ca
on dec 15, i replied 4 attachments separate email to ndvo email and got general reply ( thank yo for the email, we received....)
in dec 20th I replied 4 attachmens each less than 3mb into single email and sent them ( I got same general reply we received...)

its been more than 3 months i have not got any updates on my application. I contacted MP they saying the attachments are not on the file

i am so lost in this, i dont know how ndvo is working.
thanks.
this is such a messed up system, such a depressing . no clue what's happening nor the email files are attached to the application file.

did anyone have similar experience. please ping...back

Marsab

May 20, 2021
Hey, i got an acknowledgment letter today from the Rome embassy. What does that mean exactly and how much time will it take for the pre arrival? Thankss
Hi!! We received the same letter in March. We sent in my husband's application on the 24th of June 2021, he did biometrics and visit in September 2021 and then that's it. Never heard anything anymore until March 2022. So I'm asking where has your request and our request been since September 2021? I am wondering if there is a problem with our Canadian Embassy here in Italy?!

Sed

Jul 25, 2021
Hi!! We received the same letter in March. We sent in my husband's application on the 24th of June 2021, he did biometrics and visit in September 2021 and then that's it. Never heard anything anymore until March 2022. So I'm asking where has your request and our request been since September 2021? I am wondering if there is a problem with our Canadian Embassy here in Italy?!
Agreed I haven’t heard anything my husband did his biometrics and medical in September too and they sent me an acknowledgment letter over a month ago. I guess they’re super slow because everyone else seems to be moving a bit. Also does anyone know how much time do they take to ask the passport after pre arrival services?

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
I didn't realize that estimated processing time for applications is now 20 months, this is just crazy.

pav_delta

Sep 17, 2020
Stuck at the Background , got the pre-arrival in feb and bcg is not starting, there is no activity on our app. This is just stupid. I have this current current gov and plead everyone here never ever to vote to liberals where ever you are. JT just saw big words and empathy but do not care about us as spousal sponsorships do not get him any votes or publicity

Reactions: valvlad

humancapital

Feb 11, 2021
That really sucks. I got pre-arrival this month. And the same thing is happening - no updates on gc key or new portal about background check. It still says your application is in process...
Have you reached out to your MP? We are approaching the 1 year mark next month.

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
That really sucks. I got pre-arrival this month. And the same thing is happening - no updates on gc key or new portal about background check. It still says your application is in process...
Have you reached out to your MP? We are approaching the 1 year mark next month.
When you applied?

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
I am june 2021 applicant
Medical and biometric done in march 2022
Eligibility in progess
BG not started
Still waiting no response