GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
@pvarma @GuyanaGirl @JustCitizen which office sent your test invite emails? Mine came from Niagara Falls even though I'm in Ottawa, I saw some mention that Niagara Falls might be slow to update, so I'm wondering if that's the case. I took the test shortly after my window opened after midnight March 1 (Monday night/Tuesday morning) so I haven't been waiting that long yet, but I just checked and no update on my tracker. My ID also came out a little blurry although legible - I spent more time retaking pics of my ID than I spent actually taking the test but couldn't manage to get a perfectly sharp image! - so I hope that's not causing a delay or problem.

These are the From: and subject line of the email I received:

DN NGF Citizenship e-Apps / Demandes en ligne Citoyenneté NGF RN (IRCC) <IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca>
subject line:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Event Notification / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Notification d'événement - Niagara Falls IRCC
My office is Kitchener

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Read the subject line of the email they sent you.
I am also surprised because the email is coming from Niagara Falls while I live in London!
Here is my subject line "
DN Cit SCR Scheduling / Convocation SCR Cit RN (IRCC)" does this mean Scarborough, I guess?

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Read the subject line of the email they sent you.
I am also surprised because the email is coming from Niagara Falls while I live in London!
Your email comes from Niagara Falls because London office is such a failure that other offices have to take on their workload.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Your email comes from Niagara Falls because London office is such a failure that other offices have to take on their workload.
Well Ottawa office (my local office) is reputed to be quite slow, so maybe Niagara Falls does take cases from offices that are too backlogged and hopefully will do a faster job!

Reactions: CVLO

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Any direct experience with them? Any evidence?
Many people complain about London office on this forum, including me. I withdrew my application and reapplied after moving to a different city, but unlucky me, now London's failure is affecting the closest office to me, which is Niagara Falls.

anddrew

May 4, 2017
Reactions: Kapustka

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
I am a June 21 online applicant, received AOR on Sep last year. Nothing since then.

Today I logged in to the portal and saw the last update on March 04, but I did not notice any updates. also did not receive any emails,
Current status:
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Not started
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Any idea what this means?

Reactions: baimmeb and CVLO

CVLO

Aug 2, 2021
I am a June 21 online applicant, received AOR on Sep last year. Nothing since then.

Today I logged in to the portal and saw the last update on March 04, but I did not notice any updates. also did not receive any emails,
Current status:
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Not started
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Any idea what this means?
This is a ghost update. This happened to me, too.
Log into your account tomorrow and you will see a change. At this point, it could be one of the following: background check completed, fingerprint request, test invite. You will come to know which is the case, tomorrow.
In a few days, you will receive an email about the change.
Good luck!

Reactions: MrTee

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Any idea how Scarborough office is doing? Is there anywhere to read about them?
Scarborough is moving. I know a few people who have gone through that office.

schweppes87

Dec 27, 2016
I have the same questions, I can not figure out which office is handling my case. The email I received was from West Citizenship EApp / Eapp OUEST Citoyennete (IRCC) <IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-Eapp-OUEST-Citoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>.

I am just wondering which office is West?
I have the West office processing my application as well and was wondering the same. West = somewhere in Western Canada, presumably? I signed my application in Montreal. In any case, they appear to be fairly responsive as they replied to my request to take the test outside Canada within a couple of hours. So far, so good! Does anybody have any tales to tell about the West office or knows where to locate them on the world map? Cheers