+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Hi Guys, I have a question. I checked the status of my citizenship application. All sections except Citizenship Ceremony says "Complete". Language, Physical Presence, Prohibition changed to complete 5 days. Background and Citizenship test was completed several months ago. My application was filed in June, 2020. Any estimate when will I get request for Oath? Thanks
Unfortunately it's hard to tell. From now to 6+ months.

kyyle

Jun 14, 2020
Update: All updated to completed for all sections on November 15 except oath ceremony and yet my application is still in progress. Test was done and completed end of September and set to complete start of October.

Wonder how long now until decision made/oath ceremony invite. This is an Vancouver office application.
Check out my timeline, if we’re similar, it could be imminently.

nano_speed

Nov 15, 2021
It depends on processing office. Some offices have less applicants so they can offer oath dates much sooner than others.
Generally what i have seen is, November first week people waiting since July got invites. Last week people waiting since August, and this week they are sending invites to people waiting since Sept.

gstj210

Aug 23, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Guys, I have a question. I checked the status of my citizenship application. All sections except Citizenship Ceremony says "Complete". Language, Physical Presence, Prohibition changed to complete 5 days. Background and Citizenship test was completed several months ago. My application was filed in June, 2020. Any estimate when will I get request for Oath? Thanks
Mine did the same last week. I'm looking at the tracker and dividinng the months up processing office (in my case, Vancouver). I've seen the timeline from Decision Made to Oath Letter/Ceremony vary on the tracker from 2 weeks to 6 months.

Also to note, CIC/IRCC is stating their processing times are "12 months." If counted from the day they START processing (ex. mine is January 8, 2021) and not when you send it or when they acknowledge receipt, some of the timelines are just hitting the 12 month mark or 13 months depending on office. This is, of course, if there are no delays, additional information requests, or interviews requirements.

Maani1985

Sep 3, 2010
Mine did the same last week. I'm looking at the tracker and dividinng the months up processing office (in my case, Vancouver). I've seen the timeline from Decision Made to Oath Letter/Ceremony vary on the tracker from 2 weeks to 6 months.

Also to note, CIC/IRCC is stating their processing times are "12 months." If counted from the day they START processing (ex. mine is January 8, 2021) and not when you send it or when they acknowledge receipt, some of the timelines are just hitting the 12 month mark or 13 months depending on office. This is, of course, if there are no delays, additional information requests, or interviews requirements.
How do you check which office is handling your application?

Thanks

Suen

Jul 19, 2017
I have the tracker updated on the 2nd November for the Oath on 15 December. But I'm yet to receive any details. Any idea whether I'm getting a mail or email and when will I be getting the details?

kyyle

Jun 14, 2020
You had your profile completed much faster than I have ever seen. Very impressive, whats your processing office?
Based on the emails I received, I believe my processing office is Vancouver. I actually thought my application would be one of the last as my background check never completed until Nov 8th but my prohibitions remained outstanding, then they completed on Monday just gone and then this morning oath invitation. I guess I got lucky for sure, fingers crossed for you too!

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
I have the tracker updated on the 2nd November for the Oath on 15 December. But I'm yet to receive any details. Any idea whether I'm getting a mail or email and when will I be getting the details?
Updated. Should be by e-mail. Take a look at the spreadsheet to have an idea when people get their official invite. It's usually about a week