Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
07-07-2020

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
IRCC is currently finalizing citizenship applications received between March 3 and 9, 2019.. long way to go guys..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
This doesn't mean that they are only working on March applications. if you click on "?" you can read
In the past 3 months, the majority (80%) of the applications we’re finalizing were received during this period.

You can see from other threads that September, October, November, and December 2019 have been invited too, even some Jan, Feb, and March 2020 no urgent applicants have been invited too, stay positive.

harryedm

Jun 19, 2020
This doesn't mean that they are only working on March applications. if you click on "?" you can read
In the past 3 months, the majority (80%) of the applications we’re finalizing were received during this period.

You can see from other threads that September, October, November, and December 2019 have been invited too, even some Jan, Feb, and March 2020 no urgent applicants have been invited too, stay positive.
Yeah, at least we are in 20 percent, hope for the best..

• Haha
Reactions: Das67

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Hi - I received a request for fingerprints today, but I am currently in the US due to personal reasons. I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to get that done from the US/ let me know if they've had a similar experience/come across someone who has. Thanks so much.

Timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship on June 19, 2020.
We started processing your application on December 31, 2020.
Fingerprint Request: Mar 8th, 2021.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi - I received a request for fingerprints today, but I am currently in the US due to personal reasons. I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to get that done from the US/ let me know if they've had a similar experience/come across someone who has. Thanks so much.

Timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship on June 19, 2020.
We started processing your application on December 31, 2020.
Fingerprint Request: Mar 8th, 2021.
You will need to find an RCMP accredited company where you live: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/submit-fingerprints.html

Reactions: Hypatia

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Thank you. I did visit this page, via the appended instructions in the IRCC e-mail. However, their suggested google search produced next to no results for agencies in the United States. I have subsequently e-mailed RCMP services to inquire about their accredited companies (to be on the very safe side), and proceed from there.

RCMP Website via IRCC e-mail: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/where-do-get-a-criminal-record-check#a3

Accredited fingerprinting companies
Accredited fingerprinting companies are authorized to submit fingerprints to the RCMP's Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) for searches of the National Repository of Criminal Records. The results of these certified criminal record checks do not include information from other national or local data bases.
In addition to taking fingerprints electronically, several of these companies accept fingerprints that have been taken on paper, convert them to electronic transactions, and submit them directly to CCRTIS for processing. This service is also available to individuals whose fingerprints were taken outside of Canada.
Accredited fingerprinting companies are not authorized to conduct vulnerable sector checks but are allowed to fingerprint applicants who are referred to them by the police of local jurisdiction.
For a list of accredited fingerprinting companies, please contact us at CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.

Last edited:

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thank you. I did visit this page, via the appended instructions in the IRCC e-mail. However, their suggested google search produced next to no results for agencies in the United States. I have subsequently e-mailed RCMP services to inquire about their accredited companies (to be on the very safe side), and proceed from there.
That seems the right approach, in the meantime take a look here https://www.commissionaires-ottawa.on.ca/pages/services-en/fingerprinting-background-screening/international-fingerprinting/ and give them a call/email to see if they still offer this service.

Reactions: Hypatia

Pops80

Mar 9, 2021
Please can someone advise on what is happening to my application? I applied in June and was delivered on June 15, 2020 by purolator and which was signed for. I'm yet to receive AOR, I've made several calls to CIC and I was told my application is not yet on the system that I should wait for some weeks. I also called purolator and they did follow up with the delivery driver to confirm it was not delivered to a wrong place.
This is 8 months after and I have no idea of what's really going on with my application. Can someone advise me on what to do?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Please can someone advise on what is happening to my application? I applied in June and was delivered on June 15, 2020 by purolator and which was signed for. I'm yet to receive AOR, I've made several calls to CIC and I was told my application is not yet on the system that I should wait for some weeks. I also called purolator and they did follow up with the delivery driver to confirm it was not delivered to a wrong place.
This is 8 months after and I have no idea of what's really going on with my application. Can someone advise me on what to do?
Do you see anything on ecas? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
My two cents, If you are single, go ahead and submit an online application.