Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
One off the lucky people to get all updates. DM around the corner. Congrats
I didnt get any kind of official update message/email, I just noticed it when I checked my account. I do hope it keeps moving this quickly, though. I still have to give my biometrics (appointment on the 26th) but the quicker things move, the better.

jfbyap

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Ontario, Canada
App. Filed.......
03-06-2019
I didnt get any kind of official update message/email, I just noticed it when I checked my account. I do hope it keeps moving this quickly, though. I still have to give my biometrics (appointment on the 26th) but the quicker things move, the better.
They don't normally email if you've passed your bio or medical. You'll just see the details on GCkey :)

Reactions: Jnicole45

Sumeet_2259

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
hello frienda please help
i am wondering that do i have to send cic hard copies of biometric and medical report once its done or it will be transmitted to them online?

ELA1221

Apr 8, 2019
Germany/Canada
Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can clarify something for me...
Today I got an email from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship saying I meet the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. This is Sponsor Approval - correct?

I then went on to my GCKey and clicked "Check full application status" / when I scrolled down there was a message about my application and a letter for the PA for biometrics. Is this the official request for biometrics?

Are these letters mailed to us? Or just emailed/sent through GCkey? The address on the letter for SA was wrong (had the wrong postal code so I changed it on the website to the correct postal code).

Thanks for your help!

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can clarify something for me...
Today I got an email from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship saying I meet the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. This is Sponsor Approval - correct?

I then went on to my GCKey and clicked "Check full application status" / when I scrolled down there was a message about my application and a letter for the PA for biometrics. Is this the official request for biometrics?

Are these letters mailed to us? Or just emailed/sent through GCkey? The address on the letter for SA was wrong (had the wrong postal code so I changed it on the website to the correct postal code).

Thanks for your help!
Yes to both. Once you link to your GCKey they don't mail anything to you (unless it's something that has to come through the mail, like official documents). Sometimes updates in GCKey take a while to trigger the "You have a new message" email you should be getting when stuff like the Bio request comes through, and some updates in GCKey don't trigger any kind of notification.

Reactions: ELA1221

Supleen

Jul 11, 2019
Hi folks!
Can anyone tell me how many days usually it takes to clear medical and biometrics exam? And how will one get notified about it? Mean do we receive email about it?
Thanks

Supleen

Jul 11, 2019
Hello There, as per the previous thread I read, u were waiting to apply for the visitors visa....just wanted to know if you have applied and whats the status been so far? I submitted my app in July and m waiting to get the AOR to apply for the visitors visa....Thanks much!
I m sorry for the late reply
But it got refused.:oops:

jfbyap

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Ontario, Canada
App. Filed.......
03-06-2019
Hi folks!
Can anyone tell me how many days usually it takes to clear medical and biometrics exam? And how will one get notified about it? Mean do we receive email about it?
Thanks
Biometrics normally gets updated within the same day. Medical I believe depends on the hospital. Based on our application, our medical showed as passed on GCkey the day after the hospital sent the results to my husband which was just a couple of days after his exam.