+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2019 citizenship applicants

sarah2020

Sep 16, 2017
Hi All,

I hope you can provide me some guidance on my issue.

My application was received by the office in May 2019. I completed my citizenship test in Nov 2019. In Jan 2020, I received a letter for oath ceremony on Jan 27 for which I informed them that I would be travelling from Jan 25 2020 to March 9 2020. While I was away, I received another letter that your ceremony is scheduled for Feb 27. I missed that ceremony also on Feb 27 because I was not in the country. When I cam back in March 2020, I sent them email that I had already informed them in Jan 2020 based on the first oath ceremony invite that I would not be travelling but, second letter was still issued which again I missed. Since then I have been waiting. Call centre agent I spoke with told me that second letter is issued by the system so you can ignore it.

Now problem is I have been waiting since Feb 2020 for oath ceremony. I have sent email inquiries 3 times during this time and every time I am told that your application is in progress and no further document is required from you. What options do I have to speed up the process? Please help. Thank you

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi All,

My application was received by the office in May 2019. I completed my citizenship test in Nov 2019. In Jan 2020, I received a letter for oath ceremony on Jan 27 for which I informed them that I would be travelling from Jan 25 2020 to March 9 2020. While I was away, I received another letter that your ceremony is scheduled for Feb 27. I missed that ceremony also on Feb 27 because I was not in the country. When I cam back in March 2020, I sent them email that I had already informed them in Jan 2020 based on the first oath ceremony invite that I would not be travelling but, second letter was still issued which again I missed. Since then I have been waiting. Call centre agent I spoke with told me that second letter is issued by the system so you can ignore it.

Now problem is I have been waiting since Feb 2020 for oath ceremony. I have sent email inquiries 3 times during this time and every time I am told that your application is in progress and no further document is required from you. What options do I have to speed up the process? Please help. Thank you
When was the last time you spoke with an agent?

sarah2020

Sep 16, 2017
When was the last time you spoke with an agent?
Thank you for your reply. I spoke with the agent in Dec 2020 but I sent 2 emails in year 2021. Do you think I should contact MP office? This May, it will be 3 years since my application was received. Since last one week, I have been calling their call centre but every time it says they are unable to transfer to the agents as they are busy and call again later.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I spoke with the agent in Dec 2020 but I sent 2 emails in year 2021. Do you think I should contact MP office? This May, it will be 3 years since my application was received. Since last one week, I have been calling their call centre but every time it says they are unable to transfer to the agents as they are busy and call again later.
I think it's necessary to keep calling until you get hold of an agent. Your file maybe forgotten and "misplaced" in the system since it has been a long time. Try tomorrow at 8:00 am sharp, and keep calling during the day. Some reported waiting for 45 minutes to get through. It's annoying, but it's better to get answers. When you say you send emails, emails to what address? The one from which you received the oath invites? If not, send them there, too. You were unlucky. You returned just in time when the pandemic hit, and they closed everything. I hope you will get answers from them tomorrow. Go with the MP and order ATIP notes options, too. Try everything until you get answers as to what's goin on

sarah2020

Sep 16, 2017
I think it's necessary to keep calling until you get hold of an agent. Your file maybe forgotten and "misplaced" in the system since it has been a long time. Try tomorrow at 8:00 am sharp, and keep calling during the day. Some reported waiting for 45 minutes to get through. It's annoying, but it's better to get answers. When you say you send emails, emails to what address? The one from which you received the oath invites? If not, send them there, too. You were unlucky. You returned just in time when the pandemic hit, and they closed everything. I hope you will get answers from them tomorrow. Go with the MP and order ATIP notes options, too. Try everything until you get answers as to what's goin on
All the enquiries were made via Web Forms except for the one where I was provided an email address in the first invitation invite for providing the explanation for not attending the oath ceremony. Are you suggesting to write them back again on the same email address which was provided in the oath invite? Do they take it negatively?

I have no problem in waiting on the line as long as they want but they don't even connect us. I will try tomorrow again and will also reach out to MP. I hope it gets resolved soon. What's ATIP??

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
All the enquiries were made via Web Forms except for the one where I was provided an email address in the first invitation invite for providing the explanation for not attending the oath ceremony. Are you suggesting to write them back again on the same email address which was provided in the oath invite? Do they take it negatively?

I have no problem in waiting on the line as long as they want but they don't even connect us. I will try tomorrow again and will also reach out to MP. I hope it gets resolved soon. What's ATIP??
Yes, I would use the email address from which they sent the oath invitations. You would contact the oath department of your office directly. Webforms goes to the central office, and if the agent feels like it, they might forward it to the local office.

Yes, keep trying. I haven't called myself, but others reported that after many tries during the day, they got through after waiting 45-50 minutes.

ATIP notes are notes you request to know more details about your file (you officer notes that don't appear on the tracker). You can make one here (you can choose the Privacy Act option which is free):
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Hi All,

Hi
I am also May 2019 applicant. I have also missed my Oath in Jan 6, 2021 due to out of country.
I am still waiting for the new date. My office is Montreal.
Can you tell me what is your office and when was you application status updated last time?
Reply me, I am also facing the same situation.
Thank you in advance

sarah2020

Sep 16, 2017
Hi
I am also May 2019 applicant. I have also missed my Oath in Jan 6, 2021 due to out of country.
I am still waiting for the new date. My office is Montreal.
Can you tell me what is your office and when was you application status updated last time?
Reply me, I am also facing the same situation.
Thank you in advance
Hi, my last status was updated on 25th Jan, 2022 which I believed happened because I sent them email on Jan 04 2022 to which they replied on 24th Jan 2022 via email that it is still in process. I called them again and the agent told me that everything is approved except the oath ceremony is pending. Then I said oath has been pending over 2 years so I am getting worried day by day. She said, we notified your office last month and they will give you a new date. I think that's all they can tell us because they are only agents. My office is Scarborough. Thanks

sarah2020

Sep 16, 2017
Yes, I would use the email address from which they sent the oath invitations. You would contact the oath department of your office directly. Webforms goes to the central office, and if the agent feels like it, they might forward it to the local office.

Yes, keep trying. I haven't called myself, but others reported that after many tries during the day, they got through after waiting 45-50 minutes.

ATIP notes are notes you request to know more details about your file (you officer notes that don't appear on the tracker). You can make one here (you can choose the Privacy Act option which is free):
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
Thank you. I spoke with the agent today and she said everything in your case is approved and only oath ceremony needs to be completed and my office was notified last month for providing a new oath ceremony date. A month has passed and I haven't received any new date. I guess I can wait for one more week and send the email to office directly as you have suggested above. Thank you for your reply. I hope it all gets resolved soon.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Hi, my last status was updated on 25th Jan, 2022 which I believed happened because I sent them email on Jan 04 2022 to which they replied on 24th Jan 2022 via email that it is still in process. I called them again and the agent told me that everything is approved except the oath ceremony is pending. Then I said oath has been pending over 2 years so I am getting worried day by day. She said, we notified your office last month and they will give you a new date. I think that's all they can tell us because they are only agents. My office is Scarborough. Thanks
Hi.
Can you share the email address, where you send the email and you got reply and also what time you talked on phone from the agent.
Once I tried to contact but can't get talk from the agent.
Thankyou in advance for your reply.

sarah2020

Sep 16, 2017
Hi.
Can you share the email address, where you send the email and you got reply and also what time you talked on phone from the agent.
Once I tried to contact but can't get talk from the agent.
Thankyou in advance for your reply.
Sorry I wasn't clear in my last message. There was no email address where I sent any email for status updates. I made all enquiries through web form. You get an email from them after you send them your enquiry via web form which is available on their website. I had sent them only one email at the email address in the beginning which was provided in the oath taking ceremony to notify if you are unable to attend that ceremony. That's the email address of a local office which issues the oath taking ceremony invitation as qouted by above member CaBeaver.

I called their call centre today around 2:30pm and again at 3:30pm when I got connected to one agent. Thanks

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Sorry I wasn't clear in my last message. There was no email address where I sent any email for status updates. I made all enquiries through web form. You get an email from them after you send them your enquiry via web form which is available on their website. I had sent them only one email at the email address in the beginning which was provided in the oath taking ceremony to notify if you are unable to attend that ceremony. That's the email address of a local office which issues the oath taking ceremony invitation as qouted by above member CaBeaver.

I called their call centre today around 2:30pm and again at 3:30pm when I got connected to one agent. Thanks
Hi
Thanks for the reply
In my application status showed that my Background again checked in Jan 2022. Do you have same thing on your application status online ?
I asked you the email address because which I have, I didn't get any reply from this. Thatswhy I asked you about the email address.
Thanks for the reply and again waiting your reply.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

From you comments I understand that you didn't reply to the 2nd oath email, only to the first?

sarah2020

Sep 16, 2017
From you comments I understand that you didn't reply to the 2nd oath email, only to the first?
I never received a second oath email. The second invitation only came in the mailbox via courier services. When I got back to Canada in March 2020 and checked my mailbox only then I found it. I quickly called up call center and explained the whole thing that I never received the second invitation via email which was preferred method of correspondence and had already notified to local office after I received the first invitation that I would be away from Jan 05 2020 to March 16 22020 so I wasn't expecting new date within my travelling dates. Agent said that I shouldn't worry, it wasn't my fault, the second letter was issued by system/auto generated and that's why it came via mail not email and auto generated invites don't take into consideration the information provided earlier by you for not being able to attend the ceremony so I can just ignore it and that's when we were hit by COVID-19. He did tell me that your first email is received and notes indicate your travelling dates. I was also wondering why they sent me second letter when I had communicated my travelling dates to them, but going by reason agent provided, it makes sense that since it was system generated so it didn't take into my traveling info.

After speaking with agent, I again sent enquiry via web form, explained he whole thing about second letter so that it gets documented and they have a record that I was away when 2nd invitation was received within my travelling dates and travelling dates were already notified to them.

Reactions: CaBeaver

sarah2020

Sep 16, 2017
Hi
Thanks for the reply
In my application status showed that my Background again checked in Jan 2022. Do you have same thing on your application status online ?
I asked you the email address because which I have, I didn't get any reply from this. That's why I asked you about the email address.
Thanks for the reply and again waiting your reply.
No, I don't see that update in my case. I hope they don't run background checks again in my case. There is only one update in year 2022 which says" oath ceremony not started". which email address did you have from where you didn't get any reply from? If you are talking about the email address mentioned in your first oath invitation then I also didn't receive any reply from them when I first notified to them about my travelling dates. Have you tried web forms. I always get a reply when I send web form but reply comes like after 3 weeks.

your first oath invitation was in jan 2020 or jan 2021??