+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

ChiragShetty20

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Guys need some help.

I had an application update on Friday. I thought it was ghost but my Medicals changed from 'Medicals passed' to

Review of medical results- You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

I remember having this same status between my AOR date and my Medicals passed date.

I called cic this today and they said that I have passed eligibility,Criminality and security . But my application is waiting for medical evaluation.

My Medicals are expiring on 8th June .

What could be the reason for medical evaluation again ?

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
CIC always recommends ppl no to stay in Canada if they lost their "status" and is very sensitive about it. Your current status is study permit and before the expiry you should decide what to do. if before it expires, you apply for a new permit, then you will be considered as "implied status", and even if the current one expires, you are gonna be fine. But, if you don't apply in this time and your permit expires, you will lose your "status" and you have to apply for "restoration of the status", if you want to stay longer. You can stay in Canada beyond the validity, but it is very much not advisable as it will be recorded in your case. You can search about these terms and get more info. For example, see this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html

as it is said

If your study permit expires, you cannot study in Canada anymore. So, given that your current permit expires end of march, your school might prevent you from participating in final exams.

Note that even if you apply for visitor visa, you cannot study anymore and you have to drop out of school immediately. Also I don't know if visitor visa is enough for you or not. Sorry my information is limited in these cases.

What I recommend it to check your status of your pr. If almost everything is done, and you know that you are gonna get it soon, apply for another study permit. It's not like that they are gonna give you one immediately. It has 2 months waiting time, in this time, you can stay in Canada legally on implied status and also you can wait for the ppr to comes. You can withdraw your application when you want and receive back the money.
Alternatively, you can leave Canada and change your address immediately.

@tobs

Question:

I have a Uk passport and can stay in Canada for 90 days visa free (as a tourist). My PGWP expires June 21, but I wont be working in the summer anyway and I've been freelancing after meeting my CEC requirements .

1. Do I even get a PPR? Since i hold a visa exempt passport.

2. Can i just re-enter Canada as a visitor in June and wait until a decision is made? Do they allow for a refund for BOWP if I get my PPR. My AOR is June 23 2018 but Im just preparing for the worst. Hopefully not wait one year for CEC Inland.

Thank you.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Question:

I have a Uk passport and can stay in Canada for 90 days visa free (as a tourist). My PGWP expires June 21, but I wont be working in the summer anyway and I've been freelancing after meeting my CEC requirements .

1. Do I even get a PPR? Since i hold a visa exempt passport.

2. Can i just re-enter Canada as a visitor in June and wait until a decision is made? Do they allow for a refund for BOWP if I get my PPR. My AOR is June 23 2018 but Im just preparing for the worst. Hopefully not wait one year for CEC Inland.

Thank you.
1- Yes, you get ppr, but you don't have to send the hard copy of your passport, a photocopy of each page would suffice.

2- I think you should be able to stay for 3 months since you are from a visa-exempt country, however, as you said, I think you may need to go out and come back as a visitor (I am not sure though). In this case, you can't work anymore.
For BOWP, yes you can get a full refund (255$) if they haven't started processing your application. If they started working on your application, they only refund you the open work permit fees. (100$). And it's not like that they start processing your application immediately. Currently, the processing time is around 80 days, so you have plenty of time for withdrawing. Also, given that your PGWP expires in June, I would say you have plenty of time, you can wait till June first and then apply for BOWP. Hopefully you get your ppr by then and no need to worry about any of these.

Reactions: actntrl

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
1- Yes, you get ppr, but you don't have to send the hard copy of your passport, a photocopy of each page would suffice.

2- I think you should be able to stay for 3 months since you are from a visa-exempt country, however, as you said, I think you may need to go out and come back as a visitor (I am not sure though). In this case, you can't work anymore.
For BOWP, yes you can get a full refund (255$) if they haven't started processing your application. If they started working on your application, they only refund you the open work permit fees. (100$). And it's not like that they start processing your application immediately. Currently, the processing time is around 80 days, so you have plenty of time for withdrawing. Also, given that your PGWP expires in June, I would say you have plenty of time, you can wait till June first and then apply for BOWP. Hopefully you get your ppr by then and no need to worry about any of these.

thank you man. waiting patiently. 32 days since gcms request

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hi guys,

I have got my COPR mail today and need some suggestions.

1. There is no mention of dependent name in the mail. Is it usual ?

2. Can primary applicant and dependent submit their passport separately?

3. I need to send a mail for change in vfs office for dependent as she moved to Canada on study permit after aor. Can I submit only my passport till then?

meany23

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi Guys,

After ADR of current POF, today I logged into my account and the status is "Application Updated".

Under the "Review of additional documents" it says - Not applicable
Earlier last week it was - additional documents are uploaded.
And prior to that it was - we need additional documents.

(So far I have just heard about the ghost updates, but this doesn't look like one). Any suggestions if this update is okay?
@tobs @cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Guys,

After ADR of current POF, today I logged into my account and the status is "Application Updated".

Under the "Review of additional documents" it says - Not applicable
Earlier last week it was - additional documents are uploaded.
And prior to that it was - we need additional documents.

(So far I have just heard about the ghost updates, but this doesn't look like one). Any suggestions if this update is okay?
@tobs @cansha
Not really a ghost update as something changed in account. But good update .. indicates your documents were likely reviewed.