June 2018 AOR - join here

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
OK guys, finally I was able to get in queue to talk to the agent yesterday. The Agent 'Patrick' was very helpful and seemed knowledgeable.

Here is my attempt to word my experience.

In the beginning when he asked me "what is the last status you have and when?" I felt scared, and intimidating, hiwever the call and the agent turned out to be empathetic.

P: What is the most latest status on my application.
A: The Criminality shows Passed. The final approval on Eligibility is not yet done but it is marked as Met so that's a positive sign. The security shows 'not started' however this is the online application I am talking about. They might have worked on your paper application that is not yet updated here. And it could be a technical hold up or it might be in process so it should not take much time. However, I will not be able to give you a specific timeline.

P: Where is my application currently being processed?
A: It is at CPC Ottawa

P: What is holding up the application.
A: As I said tcould be anything, a technical hold up or something in process.

The agent was super calm and understanding during the discussion. He did not show any discomfort in answering questions.

However I could infer that mostly all applications have a Physical and a Digital form. The work primarily begins on the physical file and once finished it gets updated on GCMS.

At times the agent/officer starts working on a fine but does not update on the system that the work has begun. In which cases the status appears as 'not started'.
Yay! So glad you got a good agent to speak with on your first successful attempt :) It’s heartbreaking when you have to hold for ages and an agent lands up at the other end who seems to be having a bad hair day :rolleyes:
But yeah, security status is such a tough nut to crack! Don’t know why the cloak and dagger mystery around it :(

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Rooting....yeah...

One question though, HOW? o_O:eek::p
Triple attack : Raising CSEs, ordering GCMS, calling CIC : basically making them work so hard around the file if they’re not working on the file that they give up and say ‘Approve it before they email/call/request notes for the nth time. For God’s sakes, just go ahead and issue their damn PPR!’ Mind you, the ‘damn’ will be heartfelt :p:D

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Should be ok with you, you don't plan to land before May 7th anyways.
I'm toying with they idea of coming earlier. I'm surprised you remember the date. :D. I've been planning towards May 8th (found cheap flights, etc); the day after my birthday but I'm getting tired of things at work and I'm wondering if it won't just be better to say to hell with it all and pack my bags sooner.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Triple attack : Raising CSEs, ordering GCMS, calling CIC : basically making them work so hard around the file if they’re not working on the file that they give up and say ‘Approve it before they email/call/request notes for the nth time. For God’s sakes, just go ahead and issue their damn PPR!’ Mind you, the ‘damn’ will be heartfelt :p:D
I have done #1 & #3, will be ordering the notes on 25th, although I am getting an urge to do it asap. But will only do it on Mon. now.

Reactions: Nishika22 and tobs

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
I'm toying with they idea of coming earlier. I'm surprised you remember the date. :D. I've been planning towards May 8th (found cheap flights, etc); the day after my birthday but I'm getting tired of things at work and I'm wondering if it won't just be better to say to hell with it all and pack my bags sooner.
:D:D

Reactions: tobs

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
:D:D

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Yay! So glad you got a good agent to speak with on your first successful attempt :) It’s heartbreaking when you have to hold for ages and an agent lands up at the other end who seems to be having a bad hair day :rolleyes:
But yeah, security status is such a tough nut to crack! Don’t know why the cloak and dagger mystery around it :(
I would say it was my wife's luck. I tried 8 times and was never able to go to the queue. My lady comes back from office, first try and it gets me in the waiting line.

Lady Luck is a real thing...