+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JUNE 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

abcjatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hi Friends,

I received request to send IMM5562.
PA does not have any travel history so I will N/A but sponsor ( myself) does have.
Travel history is from country of origin ? my birth country is not canada, so what is my country of origin ?

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi Friends,

PA does not have any travel history so I will N/A but sponsor ( myself) does have.
Travel history is from country of origin ? my birth country is not canada, so what is my country of origin ?
How are we supposed to know what is your country of origin? I mean shouldn't you know that?

abcjatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
How are we supposed to know what is your country of origin? I mean shouldn't you know that?
Bro I am not asking what is my country of origin.
I came to canada in 2009, so if my country of birth = country of origin then this is also counted as 1 entry in travel history.
So the question is then duration of this stay becomes 8 years then ?

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
I came to canada in 2009, so if my country of birth = country of origin then this is also counted as 1 entry in travel history.
I think if you are a PR then your country of origin would be the country you are a citizen of- the country you hold the passport of. If you are a naturalized Canadian citizen then the country of origin would be the country you were a citizen of before you became a Canadian citizen.

Canadianavisa2017

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
I am June 16 applicant, but havent received any AOR yet.. sorry guys just voicing out my frustration. Hopefully my file wont be returned
I have submitted my file on June 16 which reached in CIC on June 19, as I havent received any AOR, I called CIC to know the status, the agent, first informed me that we are still processing June 12 files, however, I insisted him to see my file number which is UCI number and let me know the exact status, he checked and said there is no update, however then he asked my wife's name and DOB, after sometime, he said yes there is an update that the file has been returned today with a remarks incomplete, I asked if he could shared me any further reason for file return, he said I will receive a letter in few days.

I would suggest, if you could do same and ask them specifically to check your UCI and then through your spouse name, may be you can know your status.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
a simple google search will clear all your questions ..

Country of origin and place of last permanent residence are terms that might have previously been used in stead of place of origin.

now .. what does this tell you ?? think .. and fill in the form accordingly ..

Last edited:

clutsyclutter

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Does the Sponsor receive an actual SA letter? PA received medical request today, and eCAS is showing DM for Sponsor. Is that already the SA?

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Does the Sponsor receive an actual SA letter? PA received medical request today, and eCAS is showing DM for Sponsor. Is that already the SA?
Yes an actual letter is sent to the SA ..

Reactions: clutsyclutter

Sm Patel

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
08.09.2014 PER
IELTS Request
Sent Along
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
17-05-2015
Till yesterday on my GCKey, Status of Background Check was, "We are processing your application. We will contact you when we start your background check"...

Today status is Background Check, "Not Applicable"...

Has anybody got same update in June...???

Plenty of people in previous months have got this updates.. Bucket full discussions over this... But, nobody knows what does that mean... which is okay.. Although just curious to know if I have any partner in this update..? :D

Haven't even received email of file being transferred...!! So this status should change back to in process later... !!
Yes I too got this updated just checked. You are right they may change it back

Reactions: offline136

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
The sponsor will get an email that will have a pdf attachment. The pdf attachment is the "letter".

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
Hi Friends,

IMM 5562 is only for PA.. Not for sponsor... You just chck mark on did not travel... Since your PA don't have travel history, you have to check mark on did not travel for your PA too... You live in Canada and they have all your travel history because you give them authorization to get record from CBSA in your application...!!! I checked mark on Did Not Travel too...!!!

Also just curious that why didn't you send this form with application..???

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
IMM 5562 is only for PA.. Not for sponsor... You just chck mark on did not travel... Since your PA don't have travel history, you have to check mark on did not travel for your PA too... You live in Canada and they have all your travel history because you give them authorization to get record from CBSA in your application...!!! I checked mark on Did Not Travel too...!!!

Also just curious that why didn't you send this form with application..???
hey offline,
Did your background check problem resolve itself or does it still say N/A?