+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2017 Citizenship Applicants - (pre C6 rule)

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
June Spreadsheet admin, please take me off the sheet so my dates won't affect the accuracy of the data.
After being in process since August, my application package has been returned to me saying I don't have enough physical presence even though the online calculator sheet I filled from CIC website says that I do. I have no idea as to what the discrepancy is or how the reviewing officer calculated the physical presence.
Anyway, I will apply again later in this month.
Bye June applicants and good luck for all of you

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
June Spreadsheet admin, please take me off the sheet so my dates won't affect the accuracy of the data.
After being in process since August, my application package has been returned to me saying I don't have enough physical presence even though the online calculator sheet I filled from CIC website says that I do. I have no idea as to what the discrepancy is or how the reviewing officer calculated the physical presence.
Anyway, I will apply again later in this month.
Bye June applicants and good luck for all of you
Good luck to you too. I hope you can sort out what the problem is!

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
yes, she said 13th is full so most probably you will get it for 27th Oct in the office. so i am sure you are in that list. check your status online may be today or tomorrow.
Yes, I'll do that. Hopefully I have it in October but November is not that bad either.

cadguy

Jul 19, 2017
I guess you can take my name off the June group. I received my application back a short while ago saying that I made a single typo on my PR date on the physical presence calculator form. Corrected it, and mailed it back. I guess I'll join the September group.

Sigh, I don't know what to be mad more about, my mistake or the fact that it took IRCC almost 90 days to send my application back to me. Now I have to repay the application fee, and there's no timeline to when they will refund my original application fee. Isn't there a way for them to hang on the fee, and apply it to the new application? Money isn't the issue here for me, but what about those who are struggling to get by financially?

A question I do have is that I thought ECAS in process status meant that my application was complete and checked. How is it that it was sent to the local office, and then mailed back to me?

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I guess you can take my name off the June group. I received my application back a short while ago saying that I made a single typo on my PR date on the physical presence calculator form. Corrected it, and mailed it back. I guess I'll join the September group.

Sigh, I don't know what to be mad more about, my mistake or the fact that it took IRCC almost 90 days to send my application back to me. Now I have to repay the application fee, and there's no timeline to when they will refund my original application fee. Isn't there a way for them to hang on the fee, and apply it to the new application? Money isn't the issue here for me, but what about those who are struggling to get by financially?

A question I do have is that I thought ECAS in process status meant that my application was complete and checked. How is it that it was sent to the local office, and then mailed back to me?
You won't have to repay, reprint the receipt and send it back.

cadguy

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Catharines, is that the right procedure? Darn, I wished their letter was clearer on this.

The letter IRCC sent me with the application read, "A full refund of the fee will be forwarded under separate cover ... If you choose to reapply, you must submit a new application form with a new physical presence calculator printout along with required fees, photos and supporting documents."

I didn't want any more delays on this application. I was hoping that it would have been done with, so I could vote in the upcoming municipal election.

This is totally off topic, but can someone tell me why PR holders cannot vote? I have been paying taxes (housing, federal and provincial taxes, small business, etc.) like any other citizens for numerous years, but I don't get to decide who the mayor or city councillor is?

You won't have to repay, reprint the receipt and send it back.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
read discover canada well, questions are not that easy
Is this the only document you used for study or did you do any of the online practice tests as well?

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi Catharines, is that the right procedure? Darn, I wished their letter was clearer on this.

The letter IRCC sent me with the application read, "A full refund of the fee will be forwarded under separate cover ... If you choose to reapply, you must submit a new application form with a new physical presence calculator printout along with required fees, photos and supporting documents."

I didn't want any more delays on this application. I was hoping that it would have been done with, so I could vote in the upcoming municipal election.

This is totally off topic, but can someone tell me why PR holders cannot vote? I have been paying taxes (housing, federal and provincial taxes, small business, etc.) like any other citizens for numerous years, but I don't get to decide who the mayor or city councillor is?
My first application was sent in 2015. They sent it back to me after c-24 so I couldn't reapply i had to wait for this year and I used the same receipt i sent in 2015 because i did not ask for the money back.