+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

khawaja2016

Jul 25, 2016
Hello everyone,

Need to ask few questions, i was wondering if someone can help:

- today i saw a line added to my online status for test on October 3, 2016 for which they sent correspondence on August 29th. I Haven't received a letter yet. How long should i wait for the letter before i call in?
- My wife's online status has also updated to the same but not for kids, i know they are not supposed to take the test but are we supposed to take them along to the test centre for family representation?
- Where can i find practice questions after reading discover Canada?
- Lastly how can i add signatures to show my timelines here?
thanks very much for your help.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait at least a week. I had the same - status update that letter for test was sent on 17th. Took 5 days for the letter to arrive.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got back home from the test today. I passed :D. So relieved.

The interview after was extremely short. Only verified ID's and took some copies of other documentation I brought with me that wasn't asked for to send with the original application. My passport was missing one of the entry stamps and she made a note on the file that she couldn't verify it on ID but she said "no concern".... Officer was very nice. Hope everything will be OK.

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:

The interview after was extremely short. Only verified ID's and took some copies of other documentation I brought with me that wasn't asked for to send with the original application. My passport was missing one of the entry stamps and she made a note on the file that she couldn't verify it on ID but she said "no concern".... Officer was very nice. Hope everything will be OK.
Congratulations!

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:

Congrats! just wondering did the officer say when you will get the Oath invite? and also for documents, we only need to bring passports, ids, confirmation of landing, language proof, right? did i miss anything?

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011
Hi Rigly68,
Congratulations!

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
Congrats! just wondering did the officer say when you will get the Oath invite? and also for documents, we only need to bring passports, ids, confirmation of landing, language proof, right? did i miss anything?
No unfortunately she couldn't tell me if and when oath letter would come.

Yes you are correct about the documents. But I had also brought my marriage certificate and another documents that was not required in the application. I told her what documents I brought and she asked for these two so she could make copies. In addition to requested documents I brought also my tax assessments, employment confirmation letters and T4 slips.

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with other docs
File Transfer...
Los Angeles on November 8, 2011/started processing January 18, 2012
Med's Request
MR Received on Feb 07, 2012 (Dated Feb 02, 2012)
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
Hi all,

Those of you who have taken citizenship test in Calgary, can you let me know if there are restrictions about what you can or cannot carry inside--e.g., do they allow cell phones, laptop, etc., or should I leave them home? Of course, I have all original documents with me.

Thanks for sharing.

Bonny

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonny said:
Hi all,

Those of you who have taken citizenship test in Calgary, can you let me know if there are restrictions about what you can or cannot carry inside--e.g., do they allow cell phones, laptop, etc., or should I leave them home? Of course, I have all original documents with me.

Thanks for sharing.

Bonny
Not from Calgary but just did mine yesterday in Edmonton. We could bring our purses in and I also had a binder with all my documents. Cell phones had to be turned off but you could bring them. All personal items had to go under the chair.