Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
This is the complete letter they sent..

I didn't provide the letters from family, relatives, and friends. Thought I didn't need to, as am on ODSP, living in Toronto and around since I landed as immigrant in 2002.

what else do I have to send as I have sent them, ODSP letters, Notice of Assessments 2013 and before, Option C, Bank Statements, Credit Cards info, and we both wife and myself wrote in the application for sponsorship as myself being sponsor(Canadian Citizen). It's ridiculous to ask such intent to reside from us even though by paying such huge fees and providing all original documents and photocopy notarized documents should be enough to the office one is really interested in residing in Canada.

Dear **** (PR Applicant):
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Family Class.
I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
I have determined that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act because your sponsor does not appear to meet Section R130 of the IRPR.
The Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations state, in section:
R 130. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who
(b) resides in Canada.
R 130. (2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor a foreign national who makes an application referred to in subsection (1) and is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children, if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the foreign national becomes a permanent resident.
You do not appear to meet these requirements because your sponsor is currently residing outside of Canada. I therefore have concerns that they may not be eligible to sponsor you. I am providing you with a final opportunity to provide evidence of your sponsor’s return to Canada or their intention to return to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that the visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. It appears that you do not meet the requirements of the Act for the reasons set out above.
Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to these concerns. You must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this request.
This additional information must include the following documents:
> Sponsor's residency in Canada or plan to return to Canada: Evidence that your sponsor now resides in Canada (this includes but is not limited to: copies of your sponsor's passport pages showing entry stamp to Canada and travel itinerary, pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history; driver's licences, property tax assessments, social Insurance or health Insurance cards are not sufficient), or evidence of your sponsor’s intention/plans to reside in Canada should you be issued with a permanent residence visa.
If you choose not to respond with additional information within 30 days, I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.
Sincerely,
Immigration Officer

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
LN13 said:
I got the same letter.

I get the feeling it's just a "Hey, this is the next pile were going to go through, let's make sure they have the opportunity send us stuff before we start going through it and have to email 10 people individually about missing stuff in their file."

I think I'm sending them updated letters, some correspondence I have with people about moving and I've been planning on getting my email professionally redone but a business in Calgary to help me with job search when I get there so I'm going to get that moving as well.
US TOO, we got the same letter. And it looks like we all got it on the same day. LET'S GET A MOVE ON!!

The medical part reads a bit confusing as it says to send your medical form in if you'd already passed it. It doesn't say to ignore this section if you already sent it in. Our case status says "medical results have been received". So I'm assuming we can ignore this and they don't want a photocopy of the form...

The "proof of residence/intent to reside" is the only part I think my husband and I need to respond to. We are fortunate as I've been in Canada for a few months so I can send my pay stubs from work, bank statements, and title to my new place. Question is, WHERE do these documents get sent? Every other heading has an address or info on where to send the documents. The proof of residence heading doesn't. Can someone please help out with this? My preference would be to send it electronically, as I assume it would be faster.

I hope these document requests mean we'll all get approved really really really really soon!!!

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
cillyx5 said:
US TOO, we got the same letter. And it looks like we all got it on the same day. LET'S GET A MOVE ON!!

The medical part reads a bit confusing as it says to send your medical form in if you'd already passed it. It doesn't say to ignore this section if you already sent it in. Our case status says "medical results have been received". So I'm assuming we can ignore this and they don't want a photocopy of the form...

The "proof of residence/intent to reside" is the only part I think my husband and I need to respond to. We are fortunate as I've been in Canada for a few months so I can send my pay stubs from work, bank statements, and title to my new place. Question is, WHERE do these documents get sent? Every other heading has an address or info on where to send the documents. The proof of residence heading doesn't. Can someone please help out with this? My preference would be to send it electronically, as I assume it would be faster.

I hope these document requests mean we'll all get approved really really really really soon!!!
Hey, you actually just reply to the email directly and attach the documents proving the sponsor's residency in Canada.

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
Ineffable said:
Hey, you actually just reply to the email directly and attach the documents proving the sponsor's residency in Canada.
Excellent! Thanks, Ineffable.

All my documents are ready to go. I hope the agent on the receiving end is ready for all 30 of my pdf's!

Document request will be sent out tomorrow evening. I'll update my timeline afterwards.

reyley

Nov 2, 2014
Hi!

We just got out PPR (!!!!!! :D :D :D)

The problem is that the embassy won't answer my calls and emails =(

My husband and I moved to Canada a week ago and we sent them our updated (temporary) address and phone numbers, no one responded and it hasn't been updated online.
So we got the PPR and are visa exempt so I know we need to send in photocopies of the passport but what happens after that?
Do they send the visa though mail? it might sent to the wrong address.
Our current address is temporary so we don't want it sent here either...

does something get sent in the mail at all or is it all online??
also, do we send the photocopies by mail or is email enough?

anyway, thank you for your help!

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
Sorry Reyley, I'm not sure how the PPR works. All I know is that when we changed my address (Sponsor), the online application stated that it would take at least 10 days. Hopefully someone will be able to offer you some info. Either way though, I'm happy to hear your process has taken a step forwards!

Update: Documents Request has been completed and sent in!

We received an automated message immediately after sending it. Only in the automated message did it state that you have to include:
-UCI and APP #s in the subject line
-Applicant full name, birthdate, UCI #, APP #, and visa type in the body of the email
We did all of that EXCEPT the birthdate and visa type in the email. Hopefully they'll still accept it. So silly that they don't tell you any of this crap in advance.

Best of luck to us all………

maartenvg

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
AOR Received.
15-07-2015 (1st stage)
File Transfer...
06-08-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-01-2016
I just saw my status has changed to Decision Made in ECAS!

Considering the fact that they haven't asked for more docs, and we have a fairly straightforward case in my opinion, I'm assuming it is good news. :D

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
maartenvg said:
I just saw my status has changed to Decision Made in ECAS!

Considering the fact that they haven't asked for more docs, and we have a fairly straightforward case in my opinion, I'm assuming it is good news. :D
It's definitely good news. If it weren't, you would have been given an opportunity to plead your case with an interview or request for additional proof of relationship.

Congratulations! :D

Hollywood

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 21-09-2015 FT: 28-09-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 21-12-2015
LANDED..........
31-12-2015
cillyx5 said:

Got an email on 24NOV2015 requesting additional documents (RPRF, Proof of Canadian Residence, Medical, Police, etc.). Seems like a pretty standard email as many people in the first couple weeks of June have rec'vd this as well. Our documentation was pretty good I thought, but we still emailed and mailed more documents (and copies of the old stuff) just to be sure. If you've got this email too could you update the spreadsheet(s) and post on here too so we can see how many of us are getting this? Good luck, maybe we can get a few more DM's and COPR's before 2015 is out!

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
Hollywood said:
Got an email on 24NOV2015 requesting additional documents (RPRF, Proof of Canadian Residence, Medical, Police, etc.). Seems like a pretty standard email as many people in the first couple weeks of June have rec'vd this as well. Our documentation was pretty good I thought, but we still emailed and mailed more documents (and copies of the old stuff) just to be sure. If you've got this email too could you update the spreadsheet(s) and post on here too so we can see how many of us are getting this? Good luck, maybe we can get a few more DM's and COPR's before 2015 is out!
Yup, looks like all of the Ottawa cases from the first little bit of June got the same email.

The auto reply we got said that industry standard is 20 days for a reply. So, looks like 3 weeks before our papers even get to the agent. I'm wondering if it's faster to overnight the paperwork in by mail?!

rockgurl1965

Star Member
May 9, 2014
eureka ca
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
SA 06-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
IELTS Request
working on sponsored spouse file 8-18-2015
File Transfer...
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015 UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
decision made 12/12/2015 copr 12-21-15
rhinogirl88 said:
I rec'd a docs request email today. They wanted proof of sponsor's residence in Canada, sent them copies of our most recent utility bills. I also requested case notes last week, wonder if that's just a coincidence or if it motivated them to look at my file.
I also recieved proof of sponsor's residence, wife emailed me all the information I emailed to CIC. Late May and early June are seeing lots of action the last week or two. that is good news. Light is at the end of the tunnel. Praise God for his goodness.

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
rockgurl1965 said:
I also recieved proof of sponsor's residence, wife emailed me all the information I emailed to CIC. Late May and early June are seeing lots of action the last week or two. that is good news. Light is at the end of the tunnel. Praise God for his goodness.
My wife also asked that sponsor has to prove intent to reside. I don't know what else do I have to send them. I have no relatives, no family members, current no friend is residing in Toronto. I did wrote that I can easily take my family and start living in Toronto, as my being on ODSP, they did tell me, they will support me when I land in Ontario, attached the letter. Also I do have a running bank account and valid credit cards. Even then they are asking from me the intention for residence. I also informed them about wife's visit visa last year(2014) which was rejected as I was expected. I also showed them of my son's admission procedure communication to the Toronto School Board. I also showed them the real state rental buildings info and their charges, though I don't need them as I have been in Toronto and around since 2002. I even told them when I land in Toronto, if didn't get the rental apartment, I can go to a hotel for 3/4 days till I find a place and sign the agreement. Now can you guide me what else do I have to send them? Do I send them Air Tickets for whole family? but I have one problem the airline companies are not issuing tickets to my wife until I show them visa. Can you tell me what should I say to the CIC ?

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
I haven't gotten any kind of request from CIC. I know my Sponsor Approval was sent by mail and in my Case Notes it says Main Communication : Other, so now I'm worried that they wouldn't email me any request but instead send it by mail....That would be such a pain! Thoughts?

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
CamL-W said:
I haven't gotten any kind of request from CIC. I know my Sponsor Approval was sent by mail and in my Case Notes it says Main Communication : Other, so now I'm worried that they wouldn't email me any request but instead send it by mail....That would be such a pain! Thoughts?
I think I remember reading somewhere during the application process that if you provide an email address, they will use emails for communication and you will not receive anything by mail. Did you guys give emails addresses?
We did, and we received both our SA and document request via email.

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
cillyx5 said:
I think I remember reading somewhere during the application process that if you provide an email address, they will use emails for communication and you will not receive anything by mail. Did you guys give emails addresses?
We did, and we received both our SA and document request via email.
Yeah we both gave our email addresses, that's why I find it so weird!