June 2014 Citizenship Application.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
horse said:
Hi guys,

I took citizenship test on Dec 18, 2014 in Vancouver. Today I have a good news and a bad news.
Good news is that I received oath letter from CIC. They told me to take oath next month.
However, I will be away that week. I was wondering is that possible to reschedule the oath and how long it will take?

Thanks for your help!
If you call to reschedule then expect a letter with an RQ inside, not one with a new oath date.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Hi all,
How many questions on the Canadian citizenship test and what is the minimum number you need to answer to pass the test
thanks

horse

Jul 2, 2014
Thanks for your suggestions. However, this trip is extremely important and I cannot miss it. Anyone has experience of rescheduling oath?

Thanks,

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
hi horse,

if you have a legit reason to why you cannot show up for the oath ceremony you could be completely fine and you will be rescheduled few months later.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
horse said:
Thanks for your suggestions. However, this trip is extremely important and I cannot miss it. Anyone has experience of rescheduling oath?

Thanks,
Yes, they all got RQs.

maple64

Mar 22, 2009
Hi fellow Juners!
I wrote my citizenship test this morning in Vancouver, and passed it! The interview went well too. It was so quick, not even five minutes, I think. The officer just asked for my ID's and passports, which she compared to the photocopies that I sent with my application. She then checked the dates on my residence calculator and the stamps on my passport. She then asked about my two sons who are included in my application, if they' re still in school, etc. She asked if I still live in the address on file. Then she said, "Okay you're done. They will send you a notice for the ceremony". I couldn't believe it was over. I did not even have to take out other documents from my bag.
I just wish the oath taking ceremony invitation comes earlier than the 3-5 months that she said...

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple64 said:
She then checked the dates on my residence calculator and the stamps on my passport.
Were there any dates on your residence calculator which you didn't have stamps for in your passport?

Congratulations btw :)

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked my e-CAS this morning and saw two new lines:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 12, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on December 18, 2014. The Kitchener office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on January 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 9, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a letter on January 23, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Congrats, that's about 1 month from transfer to test invite. Glad to have a reference for us.
eltorpe said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on December 18, 2014. The Kitchener office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on January 23, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 9, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a letter on January 23, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51smoker said:
Congrats, that's about 1 month from transfer to test invite. Glad to have a reference for us.
I just talked to a Call Centre agent about the second "letter line". He says there's no second letter, it's everything one would normally get when a test notice is sent but he mentioned something about some document that they normally send with the test notice that an applicant has to sign? He says if that doesn't come with the test notice then they would have me sign this when I go to the test. What is this document? Can someone shed some light please?

maple64

Mar 22, 2009
eltorpe said:
Were there any dates on your residence calculator which you didn't have stamps for in your passport?

Congratulations btw :)
There were a couple stamps or dates not in the residence calculator. She asked me if I went on day trips to the border. No further questions.
Thanks!

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple64 said:
There were a couple stamps or dates not in the residence calculator. She asked me if I went on day trips to the border. No further questions.
Thanks!
Maybe I wasn't clear with my original question. I meant to ask if there were any dates on the residence calculator that did not have corresponding stamps in your passport(s)?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:

Congrats .. First email-AOR recipient to get the test invite.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Desert Lion

There are 20 questions and you need to get atleast 15 correct.

You need to take

1. The invite letter
2. Passports
3. PR card
4. Landing papers
5. Drivers Licence and Health Card and any other government issues ID proof
6. All originals you submitted along with the application.

Lax

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:

I have no eCAS update. Called CIC call center and the agent told that a letter was sent on Jan-23-2015 to appear for test on Feb-09-2015 @ 8:00AM.
Agent also told me that even if I don't get letter/have any eCAS update, I should show up at the test center on 9Feb@8AM sharp. She also gave me the test center's address and list of documents to bring.
Waiting for eCAS update or Letter to arrive.