+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a letter just this past Friday (November 28, 2014), to attend a test in Scarborough on December 8th. I didn't get a month notice before the test. I have final exams in school on that exact day outside Toronto. I plan on calling CIC tomorrow, and I really hope they will reschedule it for next month! Sigh!

Did your husband email or call or send a mail to them? And was this done well in advance of the test? Thanks!

catchvb said:
No that's not true. It depends upon which center you are in or if there is any seat available for next seating.If they have no seat available for next 6 months then yes .. But it can not be true as they send letter approx.. a month before the test. I will not sweat over it.
My husband got his test date postponed once and got it in next month.
For some reason he has to make change to oath date again as he was travelling that time, it took 1 month again.

It's just information not for argument. Rest we all make our on decision based on the different information we get.

Canadian4ever

Nov 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adding my case to this thread :D

1) Application received: Jun/13/2014
2) Application processed: Aug/22/2014
3) Test scheduled: Dec/16/2014 at Mississauga office

*Anyone here has good/bad experience with the citizenship test at Mississauga office?

*Also after the New Year 2015, I will have to go out of the country for about 5 months. How easy can I reschedule the oath date if I am to receive one during my absence? And will the oath ceremony be held at Mississauga location too?

Thanks in advance for sharing your time and your knowledge!

-Canadian4ever

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4ever said:

*Anyone here has good/bad experience with the citizenship test at Mississauga office?

*Also after the New Year 2015, I will have to go out of the country for about 5 months. How easy can I reschedule the oath date if I am to receive one during my absence? And will the oath ceremony be held at Mississauga location too?

-Canadian4ever
Hey Canadian4ever,

Welcome to the forum! ummmm... so you being away for 5 months might be an issue, lately Mississauga has been sending out Oath letter roughly in 1-2 months after the test. Unless you have a very strong and credible reason why you will be out of the country and why CIC should reschedule your Oath, they might not be receptive to doing that for you. I would contact CIC and inquire ahead of time and explain your circumstance specifically to the agent and see what he/she would recommend.

petonia

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-3-2010
Doc's Request.
26-5-2010, Received by Buffalo 7-7-2010
AOR Received.
19-11-2010, In Process with RBVO details at 8-3-2011
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
1-6-2010 to Buffalo, 1-12-2011 to Detroit, Started Processing at 30-1-2012
Med's Request
14-2-2012, dated 9-2-2012
Med's Done....
18-2-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-3-2012, dated 14-3-2012
LANDED..........
22-3-2012
Hi everyone,

I wish to share my timeline with you. I am residing in Toronto.

Application sent: 29 May 2014
Application Received: 2 June 2014
In Process: 29 July 2014
Test Letter (Mississauga Office) Received: 7 November 2014
Test Date: 25 November 2014
Oath: 28 November 2014

Best wishes and many thanks to all members of this forum.
Pet

wufan33

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petonia said:
Hi everyone,

I wish to share my timeline with you. I am residing in Toronto.

Application sent: 29 May 2014
Application Received: 2 June 2014
In Process: 29 July 2014
Test Letter (Mississauga Office) Received: 7 November 2014
Test Date: 25 November 2014
Oath: 28 November 2014

Best wishes and many thanks to all members of this forum.
Pet
congrats!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NigerianCanadian said:
I got a letter just this past Friday (November 28, 2014), to attend a test in Scarborough on December 8th. I didn't get a month notice before the test. I have final exams in school on that exact day outside Toronto. I plan on calling CIC tomorrow, and I really hope they will reschedule it for next month! Sigh!

Did your husband email or call or send a mail to them? And was this done well in advance of the test? Thanks!
Congrats. I will advice not to worry. You should call CIC ASAP. He mailed (express post) a letter stating his condition to the address in the test invitation letter as well called CIC.
You can explain that you are attending school and you have finals which can not be changed and ask for a date in January. All the best.

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4ever said:

-Canadian4ever
Based on other posts from the people attended test in missisuaga they got their oath date on same date usually scheduled in less than one or two weeks.
I think you will be canadian before you go on vacation.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamdulillah.....................
Received test notice today. Mississauga Dec 18,2014 @7:45am
Ecase not updated yet.
So i'll take the test 6 months after my application was received.
My test is in Mississauga although I'm very close to Scarborough office. I live on Victoria Park which is between Toronto and Scarborough. Anyways even if I have to go to the Arctic to take the test I will do it.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Received test notice today. Mississauga Dec 18,2014 @ 7:45am
Ecase not updated yet.
My test is in Mississauga although I'm very close to Scarborough office. I live on Victoria Park which is between Toronto and Scarborough. Anyways even if I have to go to the Arctic to take the test I will do it.
';

big congraz GOLD! u will get Oath right after test!!!

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Received test notice today. Mississauga Dec 18,2014 @ 7:45am
Ecase not updated yet.
Congratulations !!!!!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Anyways even if I have to go to the Arctic to take the test I will do it.
Ditto :D ;D tired of paperwork and waiting.

Congrats Goldline.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
catchvb,

In your original CIT application, did you give an email address or NO?

If YES, then how come you did not receive an email AOR with the application number (the one in format C00000xxxx) but instead got it only when you launched an enquiry ?

Or did it end up in your Spam by chance and you may have deleted it back when you "perhaps" recd the email AOR from CIC ?