App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
om saif said:
Ottawa is working :eek:
Did u get ur AOR? Lets hope Ottawa start to work like Vancouver office :D and we get the test invite soon

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
SenoritaBella said:
I'm a May applicant and the email confirmation looks like the actual AOR letter I got. The only difference is this part:

"When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will invite you
to a knowledge test, interview or ceremony, if applicable. Please visit our Web site <link removed> for information to prepare for these events."

My AOR letter said, "A CIC office will inform you of the date, time and place of your test, interview or ceremony." This is basically same information as above.

Check your ecas to see if it says that they sent you a letter + Discover Canada book.
Oh, thank u, interesting. Maybe our apps are not yet processed/reviewed yet. That s why we got only email confirmation, not active ecas. Let s wait n see then.

alex tag

Sep 14, 2014
I am eligible to apply for citizenship on October. I will apply from calgary. do you have any idea about processing time if somebody apply from calgary. i heard that it is decreased for applications from toronto and montreal to about 8 month, but noting changed for calgary. do you have any information about that?

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
alex tag said:
I am eligible to apply for citizenship on October. I will apply from calgary. do you have any idea about processing time if somebody apply from calgary. i heard that it is decreased for applications from toronto and montreal to about 8 month, but noting changed for calgary. do you have any information about that?
I see a thread for 2014 Calgary applicants , u can check it out for more info. Or in each thread, i can see some ppl from Calgary, u can read their own posts to collect info

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
om saif said:
Yesterday they had 3 sessions of citizenship ceremony in Ottawa. I know someone who took his oath after 45 mths due to RQ.

LFer

Star Member
Jul 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys what about Montreal.... Are they considered fast? slow?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you will have your test invitation really soon :)
zsha said:
Yesterday they had 3 sessions of citizenship ceremony in Ottawa. I know someone who took his oath after 45 mths due to RQ.

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
om saif said:
i think you will have your test invitation really soon :)
Lets hope we all get it soon :D

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LFer said:
I'm also curios to know. Is someone has any info please don't hesitate.

MonsieurCito

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
Hi all, good news comes on sunday morning. I check ECAS and test invite was sent last week, tho i havent received yet but will do it end of next month. Wish all the best, new law is doing some good for new applicants!
Your day is coming anytime soon.
So they sent you a test invite a month and a half in advance? CIC told me all test invites get mailed 2 weeks before the test. That's awesome to know otherwise!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
Hi all, good news comes on sunday morning. I check ECAS and test invite was sent last week, tho i havent received yet but will do it end of next month. Wish all the best, new law is doing some good for new applicants!
Your day is coming anytime soon.
I assume you get the invitation from Local office, which is Vancouver?
Congrats

Jennas

Aug 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:
I did not submit any yet. Are all these email AORs the result of online case specific queries? I will do it right away!!
I did submit and get an email back really quick.
I was the same situation as you.
Just send the email and gave them your all infor with receipt number.
I don't think your file has been lost.
My ecas is not active yet but at least they sent the email confirm was there.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Jennas said:
kumbu.bumbu said:
I did not submit any yet. Are all these email AORs the result of online case specific queries? I will do it right away!!
I did submit and get an email back really quick.
I was the same situation as you.
Just send the email and gave them your all infor with receipt number.
I don't think your file has been lost.
My ecas is not active yet but at least they sent the email confirm was there.
I did submit it on Monday. So for no updates. Hope I will get email by Monday. This Monday lot of email confirmations. May be Monday is the day for email AORs.

There is at least one user got late email AOR without submitting case specific query. Looks like one of your case specific query triggered quite a few email AORs. Not mine though.
eltorpe said:
I did NOT submit an online case specific enquiry.

Quebectau

Jun 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helllo, you guys asked about Montreal,

I will say what I know...

Some process for family with kids born in Canada, I know at least 2 cases like this and the process was really really fast!

Like 6 months total!!! for begging to end!!

I have one friend she applied as a single, so she applied in Last November and was called for the Test in July.
But she could not do for personal reasons...also what I heard people are waiting at least for 2 months to the oath after the test.

So in general process are taking around 1 year if there is no RQ!

What I think is good...not long ago all the people I know waited around 20 months for the full process ( without RQ)

Hope that could help!

I am from Montreal as well and hope this process get faster every day! ;)

LFer said: