+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.. i will wait at least one month then call.

Blackbook said:
Here is my final-period in my timeline :
my test was passed on OCT 30th, and I was granted the citizenship on DEC 15th and my ceremony was scheduled on FEB 3rd.

I got to know about my approval 1 month and 15 days after my test date.

i hope that helps

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
passed my test today but i had a very hard time in my interview.the officer was an immigrant as us and she asked may be one hundred question.my interview took almost half an hour and everybody lift but me. i provided my Canada border report and a translation of my passport and she said she will read it at the office. i told her that my work covers four years not only three so, it is a very straight forward case but she did not stop asking. she said at the end every thing looks fine but she will go to the office and compare and recalculate and if everything is fine i will have test in 2-5 month. that means nothing as she did not confirm a case approval. i am sooooo disappointed and i do not deserve that as i have been working hard since i came here.
U meant to say u will have oath in 2-5 months if the interviewer reconfirm your residence, right?

Timha

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackbook said:
hi om saif,

I got to know about my approval when i called CIC office. I had to pull it out form them. I asked them (can you please read to me the last notes in my file: only then the rep told me, you were "granted the citizenship" and now it is a matter of scheduling the oath. Before asking that question, the CIC rep told me (you will have to wait as it takes up to 24 months to process the application!!!) That is how poor their customer service is~!!
I called the CIC today, the same aswer, still within the time line and the lady to call the wgen I will complete 6 months after the exam. I asked her to read the last note in my file, she told that there is no note !!??

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackbook said:
Hey goodman36,

dont take it personal. I had the same feedback and spent 20+ minutes in my interview as they also ended it by saying we will recalculate everything and ask for another CBSA reports on all passports, pr, and landed doc. if all good, then we will be clear. (she never confirmed any approval).

I too was frustrated and was extremely disappointed, but three months later I have my Canadian "passport" in my hand :) I am sure you will get it soon, cool off and you should hear the good news soon :)
Thanks for the encouragement... appreciated

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi,
Van_City_APP,
You are right. I am also waiting for my oath talking at local office Vancouver after the test. Here is my time line just to help you.

Application April 22, 2014.

started processing June 27, 2014.

citizenship test February 19, 2015

Oath taking: ? ? ? ?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test letter received today (Blue) scheduled on March 24. Hope other June applicant will receive soon..

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Big congrats. Finally some good news for june apps. Ecas updated or not yet?
rayman_m said:
Test letter received today (Blue) scheduled on March 24. Hope other June applicant will receive soon..

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
big congraz, Ray! wish u received oath letter at the spot! 10 month is too long for GTA applicant, haha

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
big congraz, Ray! wish u received oath letter at the spot! 10 month is too long for GTA applicant, haha
Thanks.. yes it is frustrating.. We applied in June while the C-24 was a hot topic and we were following the bill progress. Many June applicant like us sent applications before 20th June deadline which we thought is the cut off date for old law (but it was not to be)...

laika

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all!

I did my oath ceremony today! I was really excited to get there! (but) The oath was not that exciting to be honest, only some flags behind the judge, tons of kids crying and some people were even reading books while every person was called in the front. ANYHOW, my eyes were teary after all. All the paper work, all the permanent residency stuff, citizenship, visas, and all…it came to an end today.

My process lasted 9 months in total, from the day I went to the post office to the day I did the oath.

Good luck to all. My office was Montreal.