Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received our PPR yesterday! :) Aug 25th

This is what it says:

""This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the processing of your application you must:

provide this office with a passport for you in order that immigrant visa may be affixed in the passport. There must be a blank page in the passport. The passport must be valid beyond your planned date of arrival in Canada. Passport will normally be returned by registered mail to the mailing address we have in our records. Please allow several weeks for processing.

Please also send a photocopy of the page containing the passport details.

If you wish to have same day service, please come to our office in person on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 08:30 AM and 10:00 AM, and we will try to complete the processing by 3:00 PM.""

I am just wondering what they need the copy of the details page for?? Can we take all this there in person??
:)

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
glak1234 said:

This is what it says:

""This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the processing of your application you must:

provide this office with a passport for you in order that immigrant visa may be affixed in the passport. There must be a blank page in the passport. The passport must be valid beyond your planned date of arrival in Canada. Passport will normally be returned by registered mail to the mailing address we have in our records. Please allow several weeks for processing.

If you wish to have same day service, please come to our office in person on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 08:30 AM and 10:00 AM, and we will try to complete the processing by 3:00 PM.""

I am just wondering what they need the copy of the details page for?? Can we take all this there in person??
Oh very speedy! Congratulations, you must be delighted! This is very good news.
They probably need the copy to save time photocopying... who knows... and even better that they have a same day "in person" service. Lucky you! :D

wants2bw/myhubbysoon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2011
Med's Done....
30-05-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Passport Sent - Sept 8, 2011, DM: Sept 26, 2011
glak1234 said:

This is what it says:

Wow! Sooo fast! I wish its like that in our visa office. Congratulations! ;D

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
lovergirl said:
has anyone recieved response in june thread ...
Yes - have a look at the June spreadsheet in my signature for details

imp

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2011
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2011
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
Congrats to those of you who have gotten PPR! I'll try not to be too jealous ;)

I was sent an e-mail from Buffalo on August 24th stating they were confirming my application was received on June 22, 2011. Is this AOR or something else? Anyway I'm assuming Buffalo has my application otherwise I wouldn't be getting an e-mail from them. The only thing my eCAS says is application received and my husband's has nothing at all about our application. I hope I see some more movement soon, but as it was with the sponsorship portion, I won't hold my breath.

che.the.spy

Jul 6, 2011
Beijing - China
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-6-2011
AOR Received.
19-09-2011
File Transfer...
28-08-2011
Med's Done....
26-6-2011/ rec. 14-10
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
:D :D :D

Just got the e-mail from CIC that my application to sponsor my husband has been approved!!!

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
:) :) :) Finally we received approval this morning ;D ;D ;D

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
imp said:

I was sent an e-mail from Buffalo on August 24th stating they were confirming my application was received on June 22, 2011. Is this AOR or something else? Anyway I'm assuming Buffalo has my application otherwise I wouldn't be getting an e-mail from them. The only thing my eCAS says is application received and my husband's has nothing at all about our application. I hope I see some more movement soon, but as it was with the sponsorship portion, I won't hold my breath.
I think it's AOR... at least you know your app is now in Buffalo... progress! The only update on our ecas so far is medical results received and that was a few weeks after AOR which was 28th July(!)... nothing since. Next step will hopefully be "in process"...Plus as principle applicant I still can't log into ecas, only my sponsor can... so for you it must be a good thing! Take comfort from the fact that we are all in this wait together. Hope you hear something more soon though :)

PS I wouldn't get too downhearted, ecas isn't always reliable...

fast said:
:) :) :) Finally we received approval this morning ;D ;D ;D
che.the.spy said:
:D :D :D

Just got the e-mail from CIC that my application to sponsor my husband has been approved!!!
Congrats che.the.spy and fast! :D

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
Sorry to spy on june thread guys... I am from august applicants..

Its nice to see that most of the June applicants have got their approval.. I was wondering why few guys who applied in early June has not got anyhting yet...or it might be just due to the fact that they forgot to appear on the forum after they got the approval.. :) :)...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is your AOR. Both the applicant and the sponsor should be able to log in to e-CAS under their respective information. That's a good thing about you not holding your breath. With Buffalo, the average time to PPR is currently 156 days but there is one person in another thread who has been waiting for 13 months.
imp said:

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
kuku said:

Its nice to see that most of the June applicants have got their approval.. I was wondering why few guys who applied in early June has not got anyhting yet...or it might be just due to the fact that they forgot to appear on the forum after they got the approval.. :) :)...
I think it is a mystery to all of us!!!

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
kuku said:

This is just my opinion, but i think some of it depends on how much they have to check on your file maybe, if your sponsoring a spouse and children, and the applicant has been in the army or had crinimal convictions, have a travel history, then I would have thought they would have to do more checks than someone that say has no children, not travelled, not been in the army ect or have any criminal convictions.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
About the presence or lack of additional accompagning family members I cannot say, but first-stage approval is about the sponsor, not the applicant(s)' eligibility, including eligibility to sponsor based on criminality. Remember, the applicant goes through the background and criminal checks at the VO stage?
MandyUK said:
This is just my opinion, but i think some of it depends on how much they have to check on your file maybe, if your sponsoring a spouse and children, and the applicant has been in the army or had crinimal convictions, have a travel history, then I would have thought they would have to do more checks than someone that say has no children, not travelled, not been in the army ect or have any criminal convictions.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@Mandy

sounds a reasonable explanation but I agree with ddobro too... 1st stage is usually limited to the sponsorship eligibility..

May be those applicants who have not updated here were asked for more documents..

I wish they get their approval soon... I know the pain of waiting :) :)