Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
1/ sept / 11 p p r date
VISA ISSUED...
INSHaALLAH soon
LANDED..........
INSHaALLAH soon
I did CIPS Note yesterday let see what happened, ND common yaar give me my Own life to Live :)
SADDA HAQ AITHE RAKH :)
:mad: :-[

isolabella

Jun 5, 2011
vancouver/brooklyn
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-08-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-1-2012
hey all,

finally landed yesterday and just wanted to share my experience. i drove down from vancouver, bc with my almost-mother-in-law to blaine, wa to run some errands, then we got to the peace arch crossing, drove up and the guard in the booth asked what we were doing. my m-i-l had done some grocery shopping and picked up pkgs at her u.s. mailbox so she said, "i have to declare purchases and she is here to land as a permanent resident." the guard looked at our passports and wrote on a slip, gave it to us and directed us to park and go inside.

there were maybe 3 people waiting in the office and just a few employees there. i was quickly called up by a border guard who was scottish - i am part scottish, and my name is a rather obscure scottish spelling of a traditional name. so it felt serendipitous. she rather forwardly took my folder with all my paperwork and started going through it. i had a ton of paperwork, SIN applications, printouts from this forum etc. she pulled out what she needed and said, "alright, i need about 5 minutes to work on your forms, go sit over there and i'll call you back." in 5 or 8 minutes she called me back, had me sign some forms, the COPR, the B-4 and B-4a items bringing and bringing later forms, and that was it. she said that it would take 6-8 weeks to receive my pr card, and not to worry if it even took longer than that. she stapled my copy of the COPR into my passport and explained i could cross the border with that. she suggested checking with an airline first if i were to fly out of the country as some airlines don't always let you board with just a COPR. as we walked away she realized she forgot to give me the packet of info "Information For Permanent Residents" which includes info on applying for a SIN # so she handed it to me.

then we headed out to the car and came on home!

the only thing i wish i had understood more about was the goods to follow list. for some reason i thought from the research i did that you only had 1 year to import those items. found out at the desk its forever. if i had a better understanding, i would have included everything i could think of and put higher price estimates. i keep kicking myself that i didn't understand it more.

so thrilled to be done with this process, wishing you all a speedy conclusion as well!

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Hey I applied on June 20th, 2011
Started proccessing on June 24th, 2011
Did the police clearance and medical on September 29th,2011

And until now I haven't received anything yet or heard from them.
What should I do ?! I'm also a denied refugee claimant I got married after I was denied so I don't know it has to do with the case or not ?! Should I worry a lot about being denied as a refugee claimant or not ?
Why I haven't gotten any response fro them yet? I applied inland from Toronto and my file is in Alberta vergeville
Please tell me what I should do...

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Aiman said:
Hey I applied on June 20th, 2011
Started proccessing on June 24th, 2011
Did the police clearance and medical on September 29th,2011

And until now I haven't received anything yet or heard from them.
What should I do ?! I'm also a denied refugee claimant I got married after I was denied so I don't know it has to do with the case or not ?! Should I worry a lot about being denied as a refugee claimant or not ?
Why I haven't gotten any response fro them yet? I applied inland from Toronto and my file is in Alberta vergeville
Please tell me what I should do...
Dear Aiman,

I can feel for you but this thread for outland applications and usually inland applications take quite longer time to be processed. Regarding your refugee history sorry to tell you that it has an impact on your application as they need to know if your relationship with ur sponsor a genuine one and not for PR purpose.

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Our status was finally updated in eCAS, saying that our file has been in process in Singapore since Feb. 5, and that medical results were received. Finally!! Hope everything else goes well and the process doesn't take much longer...

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC-M received app June 30 2011, AOR Aug 31, Medicals Received Oct 15. "In Process" Dec 6. PPR Jan 10, 2012, ppt received Jan 16, returned Feb 13. Landed Feb 19, 2012. YAY!

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Finally!!!! After over nine months of waiting, we received the PPR yesterday. The IOM office in Vietnam called my wife to confirm that her immigration application was approved, and to ask her to submit her passport. Because our medical results are set to expire on April 14th, they asked us to send a number of items, including photos, passport, and the receipt for medical results (showing the date of issue, to prove the urgency) to their office by Friday morning for what my wife described as an "urgent" PPR. My wife, who follows the immigration forums in Vietnam, says this seems to be common practice in cases where medicals are close to expiry. If all goes well, we should be able to leave for Canada on April 6th ;D

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
I wish buffalo would do that for me! My medical expires april 12th. I even faxed buffalo telling them that on monday and still nothing.

yaye2009

Star Member
May 9, 2009
refugee claimant

hi, can u share some info for your sponsorship my wife is refugee claimant too n we r ready to send the inland I'm just wondering if u have been called for interview yet or what kind of proof u sent

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Re: refugee claimant

yaye2009 said:
hi, can u share some info for your sponsorship my wife is refugee claimant too n we r ready to send the inland I'm just wondering if u have been called for interview yet or what kind of proof u sent
Nope I wasn't called for an interview I received a letter from the CIC telling me that I'm eligible to proceed with PR application since my passport was expired they asked me to renew it and submit it within 90 days. So that they book me for a landing interview. Refugee has nothing to do with this whole process. All that matter is that your marriage is genuine

yaye2009

Star Member
May 9, 2009

May god bless u Aiman for your quick reply, I really still need your help to provide us some info u have been sent as proof of relationship, sorry Aiman if I'm bothering u we are just kind of stress for that immigration process

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon

yaye2009 said:
May god bless u Aiman for your quick reply, I really still need your help to provide us some info u have been sent as proof of relationship, sorry Aiman if I'm bothering u we are just kind of stress for that immigration process
Hey, well you need to prove that your marriage is genuine so think of common sense stuff. Phone bills showing that you and your spouse were together before marriage or pictures and booking for past trips before you applied preferably dated a year before. Letters from family and friends.
Also the most important thing keep CIC informed and updated and still keep on sending more and more proves like trips outtings.... Etc.
Also you can submit shared utility bills, joint bank statements, shared property, anything that has both your names on it. Try to make it solid.

Hope that helps. Good luck :)

pennyverap

Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville - Inland Sponsorship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
Doc's Request.
18-04-2012
Med's Done....
06-2012

yaye2009 said:
Hi Yaye,

I saw your message but I am unable to send messages for some reason.
My husband and I sent a few things to prove our relationship is genuine, we had 5 letters from friends and family writing about how they know us each individually and as a couple. My husband and I also wrote letters about our relationship. We sent pictures from the wedding ceremony and the reception party, we photocopied the messages people wrote in the guestbook we had at the wedding, pictures of us from various outings by ourselves, with friends and family. We also sent printed copies of facebook and email messages we sent to each other. Various bills from Hydro and Bell that had both our names on it.
If you have a joint bank account send proof of that, if you have medical insurance and added her to it that would be good.
If you have receipts from vacations and things like that it would be good as well, if you get phone bills that shows phone calls it would be great as well.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll do my best to help out even though I'm not an expert at this! :)

rainy_june

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
hi everyone here! I'd like to know if there is anyone here applied as SINP-Family Stream applicant from June 2011 and got nominated? any updates from u guys will really much appreciated! thank u to all in advance..Hoping for the best for everyone! :)