Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chipper and proudly Canadian, apparently. :) Congrats on your new PR status.
isolabella said:
hi all,

just wanted to let you know my experience arriving in vancouver last night without having gotten my visa yet. i was super nervous, but approached the customs officer, he asked why i was here, said to visit my partner for the holidays, he asked how long we'd been together, i replied 4 years, he said, "so who's moving where?" and i replied" actually i'm moving here, i just received my ppr but didn't have time to get my passport to buffalo before this flight." he said "what's a ppr?" i said my passport request, showed him the email printout of the ppr, and he said "so when did you apply?" i said june 13, and he said "it only took you 5 months to get your visa approved? that's crazy! in the states, canadians have to wait years for that. you're coming to a much better country." then he sort of laughed and handed me my immigration form and passport back. i was still nervous i might not be out of the woods (i never know what they are writing in their red pens on the top of the form, which one time sent me into the back special room for questionable folks) so i thanked him and laughed with him and then said, "um, so you're not sending me to the special back room?" and he said, "nope you're all set, take care!"

got my bags and was out of there! so a lot of nerves for nothing, or just lucky to have a chipper officer. now off to send my passport to buffalo!

imp

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2011
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
Med's Done....
17-05-2011
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
Weeeeeee my ecas changed to in process! It says they started processing my application on December 1st. Hopefully it won't be too much longer now but I'm just happy to see some change ;D

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
imp said:
Weeeeeee my ecas changed to in process! It says they started processing my application on December 1st. Hopefully it won't be too much longer now but I'm just happy to see some change ;D
Hehehe, congos on that!! ;D I know the feeling, my ecas changed to "in process" quite recently too :D

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Called CIC today.
They said yes we have received your application on June 6th.
I asked if my husband had a file number or client id yet ?
Reply....... Oh no. If you don't hear from us by June of next year give us a call !
Advice to anyone........apply outside Canada.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Just wondering if anybody else here that applied in June as an Inland Application are in the same situation as me ?
Can't sign in to check status using my husbands details. Called CIC and said they received our application. And that's it. Nothing. I'm just starting to get a bit worried as a lot of june people seem to be able to log in to e-cas or have some positive results. We have nothing.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@shamsia

Hey, when did your status changed to "in process" ? How long after you sent the PP? btwn congrats. Any news from CIC seems to be a good news. :) :)

Gabby123

Aug 30, 2011
Hello Junnies, I have good news to share, My wife received her visa today
She got e-mail last week on 29 Nov for passport request and she delivered
the passport by hand on Tuesday this week. I am so happy and satisfied
by the efficiency of visa office at Paris ...we never expected to get visa before January.
I hope you all Junies will get good news before the end of the new year.
This must be updated on the spreadsheet, so people applying in Paris office will have
some positive clue about the process. Now i am looking for flight tickets ..fast track union !

philantropist

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 2011
imp said:
my ecas changed to In process too some 2 months back..and i was really happy ..but it disappeared ...since then i check my ecas daily and not getting back, In process...:(

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
Just want to give everyone an update. My wife landed last Wed. Everything went pretty smoothly. Good luck everyone.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
I can finally log in to e-cas
No information really , it just says we received your application on June 6th. Started processing on June 16th.
But at least now I can log in :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay, that's great.
irishred said:
I can finally log in to e-cas
No information really , it just says we received your application on June 6th. Started processing on June 16th.
But at least now I can log in :)

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
ddobro2 said:
Yay, that's great.
Yes . Finally.
i know nothing has changed but I still feel happier.
Was glad I called CIC today also as I sent information about my son who was born 4 months ago and this information wasn"t attached to my file.
So all in all, some results today.
just waiting for the big one now !! :)

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Hi Everyone!

My lawyer emailed me today saying that Rome Embassy has requested from my husband:

1.) To write out everything he has done since he was 18-years-old
2.) Evidence of our communication since we submitted everything in June.
3.) Right of permanent residence fee
4.) My husbands passport

She didn't send the original email. But does this mean that he has been approved?!??!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
katie3234 said:
Hi Everyone!

My lawyer emailed me today saying that Rome Embassy has requested from my husband:

1.) To write out everything he has done since he was 18-years-old
2.) Evidence of our communication since we submitted everything in June.
3.) Right of permanent residence fee
4.) My husbands passport

She didn't send the original email. But does this mean that he has been approved?!??!
Katie, that's wonderful!! Yes, the RPRF and passport request are signs this journey is on the final stretch for you guys, congratulations!! P.S. Make sure your lawyer gives you the correct form number Rome requested he use to update his personal history.

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Thank you!!!

When I read her email I was at work and literally ran around the office screaming!! Thankfully my aunt is my boss. lol . I am sooo excited! Is there still a chance that they will call him for an interview? His medical expires in March (I think?) so hopefully they rush to have the visa in passport before then!

What do you mean by "Make sure your lawyer gives you the correct form number Rome requested he use to update his personal history" ... She didn't give me any number at all.