Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
ahm2299 said:
this is what i wanted to hear. cheers matey and wish u a speedy process :)
Yes me too. Thanks for the information. I was concerned since the last thing I have heard is that it got sent to London, but it does not say "in process" or anything like that and it doesn't say anything about London receiving it and starting to process it. However, now that I see that you got your July 27th update in September I am less concerned :) Thanks again to you and everyone else that responded to my question!

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
No prob! as i said, the basic rule is no letter recvd means application goin well! with the holidays coming soon i will suspect they will try and complete routine applicationas as quickly as possible... thats my hope anyway

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
vic.aj said:
No prob! as i said, the basic rule is no letter recvd means application goin well! with the holidays coming soon i will suspect they will try and complete routine applicationas as quickly as possible... thats my hope anyway
Do you mean X-mas holidays??

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
Yes tahts what I mean.. they might want to reunite couples before the holiday... its our logic anyways.. not neccessarily gonna happen... hope so though :D

garudha

Dec 11, 2010
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jun-2012
Doc's Request.
none yet...
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2012(Sponsorship)
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
Hopefully not again
Passport Req..
20-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
To keep you all updated - we got a (postal) letter from New Delhi today dated Sept 13th saying the file had been received and requesting my partner's passport - YAY! Never got a separate AOR letter (which I had been expecting - I though Delhi sent those), but oh well.

One other question, it doesn't give explicit instructions on where/how to send the passport - the return address and letterhead have a postal box number, but I thought I read about people using couriers (don't really want to trust Indian Postal system unless necessary). Anyone have ideas/suggestions, I'll ask in the Delhi thread too...

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
garudha said:
To keep you all updated - we got a (postal) letter from New Delhi today dated Sept 13th saying the file had been received and requesting my partner's passport - YAY! Never got a separate AOR letter (which I had been expecting - I though Delhi sent those), but oh well.

One other question, it doesn't give explicit instructions on where/how to send the passport - the return address and letterhead have a postal box number, but I thought I read about people using couriers (don't really want to trust Indian Postal system unless necessary). Anyone have ideas/suggestions, I'll ask in the Delhi thread too...
That letter IS your AOR.

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
I have no news from the visa office, the last update I received was sponsorship approval! However I am going to see my husband in 39 days, and my parents are coming along and meeting him for the first time!! So excited!

trizienne

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
11-11-2011
kourts said:
thanks imp, that makes things a little better. i dont know why mississugua is being so difficult.
Don't worry about it kourts. They might have been just mixed up with all
the paper works and vacations.

All the best for all of us Junies! :)

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Just got a mail from VO that says they received our application as well today.
Good luck all Junies!

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

Application sent to CIC-M on June 29, they received June 30.
Buffalo, US to Canada, Outland, Spousal.

eCas accepted UCI, claims "decision made". This was done on August 31.
Then it says, "We started processing your application on August 31, 2011.

We sent you a letter on August 31, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us." - Most probably the sponsor approval

It's now September 19 and we are not expecting anything in the mail. They have already sent us the email saying that the sponsor was approved and that the whole thing is 'in process'.

Waiting to see if the applicant will get an AoR. Genuinely doubt it as they are busy. The medical will expire March 2012. No idea if the application will be pushed through on time. No idea if the information/proof we gave them will pass muster.
-Fingerprint record was greatly expired (was between 4 and 5 months old when sent in - thank you Postal Strike and Marriage Certificate waiting)
-Forgot the applicant version of "on a separate sheet of paper"
-On two questions we just wrote "please see separate package of proof" because we're stupid, okay? We were not thinking like a lawyer. We just thought, "Hey, let's send in this bucket o'stuff and let them sort it out a little".
-no other medical or law breaking or any of that other stuff that can cause the applicant to be put into the 'no-no' pile.

Everything else was good, though. We think. We hope. *sigh*

What do you think the chances are of them pushing through so that we don't have to do the medical again?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't get your AOR in the next month or so, you can always email Buffalo to "force" an AOR. I think you might be okay for the medical. Currently the mean average processing time from filing to PPR at Buffalo is almost 170 days, but there's a large variation among applicants. I think the FBI clearance is more of a problem. Police clearances should not be more than 3 months old when received by CPC-M. The good news is that Buffalo is doing better for more recent, March applicants compared to earlier people (there are still people from December waiting, actually). The bad news is that Buffalo is probably going to increase their processing time again on the site.

Hobby said:
Hi!

Application sent to CIC-M on June 29, they received June 30.
Buffalo, US to Canada, Outland, Spousal.

eCas accepted UCI, claims "decision made". This was done on August 31.
Then it says, "We started processing your application on August 31, 2011.

We sent you a letter on August 31, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us." - Most probably the sponsor approval

It's now September 19 and we are not expecting anything in the mail. They have already sent us the email saying that the sponsor was approved and that the whole thing is 'in process'.

Waiting to see if the applicant will get an AoR. Genuinely doubt it as they are busy. The medical will expire March 2012. No idea if the application will be pushed through on time. No idea if the information/proof we gave them will pass muster.
-Fingerprint record was greatly expired (was between 4 and 5 months old when sent in - thank you Postal Strike and Marriage Certificate waiting)
-Forgot the applicant version of "on a separate sheet of paper"
-On two questions we just wrote "please see separate package of proof" because we're stupid, okay? We were not thinking like a lawyer. We just thought, "Hey, let's send in this bucket o'stuff and let them sort it out a little".
-no other medical or law breaking or any of that other stuff that can cause the applicant to be put into the 'no-no' pile.

Everything else was good, though. We think. We hope. *sigh*

What do you think the chances are of them pushing through so that we don't have to do the medical again?

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Appreciate the reply, ddobro2.

We're not going to poke the beast, so to speak, for an AoR, or anything else if we can avoid it.

Figured they'd tell us to do the FBI at their own leisure, which is what we're expecting.

Apart from that, just really hoping that we don't have to do the medical again.
Just wondering though; is the 170 days "business" or "calendar"? If "calendar" then we're looking at being processed near the end of December. If "business" then we're looking for later.

Again, thank you.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 169 days to PPR as an average on the spreadsheet currently and I'm just calculating that by "subtracting" the PPR date from the filing date, so it would include all calendar days between them, weekends and holidays. Like I said, there is almost no pattern to what Buffalo does and there have been people who got PPR nearly a year later, and others who got it after 95 days.
Hobby said:
Appreciate the reply, ddobro2.

We're not going to poke the beast, so to speak, for an AoR, or anything else if we can avoid it.

Figured they'd tell us to do the FBI at their own leisure, which is what we're expecting.

Apart from that, just really hoping that we don't have to do the medical again.
Just wondering though; is the 170 days "business" or "calendar"? If "calendar" then we're looking at being processed near the end of December. If "business" then we're looking for later.

Again, thank you.

Hobby

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good enough is then!

Thanks again, and we'll go back to lurking here. We've been here for over a year and have truly delighted in the forum. It's been so darned HELPFUL.

If you want to add this app to the list, feel free. We'll keep you posted.