13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
glak1234 said:
Hey guys, I have a question.. We got our PPR a few days ago right, and I am currently with my husband and we are planning on going to Vienna sometime soon (8 hrs away) to take his passport there in person (since they have same day service Tues and Thurs)...
I haven't seen a lot of people post here that have gone somewhere in person to get their visa issued.. So I am wondering if someones heard or seen someone post somewhere about same day service... Is it 100% sure? Can they hold a passport if its brought in by any chance? Which sounds stupid to me why would it then be called same day service right.... But in the PPR email, it says same day service, we will try to have it done by 3PM.. And they also asked for a copy of the passport details page which is also weird to me.. Someone tell me Im just paranoid please :D
I think it really depends on the visa office. London has an "in person" service but it's a 2 week turn-around...
Not sure why they ask for the passport details page but perhaps this is common practice for your VO... Perhaps you should start a new thread to ask if anyone else from Vienna office has received the same request? Worth a try... don't think it's a bad thing though! Congrats again. Let us know how you get on :)

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
ahm2299 said:
Just received sponsorship confirmation OMG I burst into tears
:D Yeah!!! :D

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@darque,

ya so if it is the case, then an applicant needs to be ready to stay without passport for 2 or 3 or even 4 months.. Thats strange..but atleast give you a relief that your case is under process and can get over any time ..

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fast said:
@ glak1234
Anyway ,you 're lucky person and we 're focus on your case and can't wait to say "Cheers" to first person of JUNE. ;) ;) ;)
Thanks Fast :)
Yeah I know its strange, I was a bit confused but I have not seen anyone else on these forums from the Vienna office get PPR so fast, so I was just wondering... Either way, the PPR says to mail it or bring it in person if I wish to have same day service, which is a good thing :)

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MDSB said:
I think it really depends on the visa office. London has an "in person" service but it's a 2 week turn-around...
Not sure why they ask for the passport details page but perhaps this is common practice for your VO... Perhaps you should start a new thread to ask if anyone else from Vienna office has received the same request? Worth a try... don't think it's a bad thing though! Congrats again. Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks! I will let you guys know
and I am not worried after I think about it, since the PPR email says if we wish to have same day service to bring it in at 8AM and pick it up at 3PM
:)

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
76 days and still waiting for sponsorship approval! How unbearable, when it finally does get approved I am going to simultaneously break out dancing and crying!! Is ecas only available once sponsorship has been approved? And do I use my (sponsors) details?

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
PS. I cannot find the CIC mississigua number online. Anyone have it handy to help a gal out by chance? Planning on phoning and pestering in the morning. :D

gost

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-10-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-02-2011 re-done: 02-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
katie3234: CIC Call Centre number is 1 888 242 2100 and you can try to call from 8am - 4pm. Good luck!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the file is usually set up in e-cas after first-stage approval, yes. Best thing to do is go here https://ecas.carroll.org.uk, click on "No, I cannot log on to e-CAS," and then give them all possible log-in fields for your file, including your and your husband's names, dates of birth, birthplaces, and the receipt number and any client ID you might have (citizens don't have one, people with any previous dealings with CIC do). E-cas tracker will email you once it is able to log in. Sorry to hear it is taking forever to get sponsorship approval.
katie3234 said:
76 days and still waiting for sponsorship approval! How unbearable, when it finally does get approved I am going to simultaneously break out dancing and crying!! Is ecas only available once sponsorship has been approved? And do I use my (sponsors) details?

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
katie, check out this site http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre

it has the number an opening to close times for the centre in your area.

good luck

mtrb007

Jul 17, 2011
manisohal said:
Hey Congrats mtrb007..I need to know something from you.did you recieved any letter when VO started processing or recieved your ecas in Delhi?..it would be of great help as m in the queue :)
Thanks in advance
Thanks.
No i did not received any letter when VO started processing.
This is the first letter i received from CHC-ND asking for PPR.

mtrb007

Jul 17, 2011
kuku said:
@ mtrb007

thats quick .... how come you got the PPR within 10 days at New Delhi.... I think the processing time is 6 months...

I guess PPR means they are ready to stamp your visa..correct me if I am wrong..
the letter say that,

"Please note that a request for your passports at this time is not a guarantee of visa issuance.Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue your visas as soon
as possible after all requirements have been met."

garudha

Dec 11, 2010
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jun-2012
Doc's Request.
none yet...
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2012(Sponsorship)
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
Hopefully not again
Passport Req..
20-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
After getting fed up of waiting (seemed to be at least a week overdue based on the website stats) for some sort of sign from CPC-M, I called the call centre yesterday afternoon. Took an hour to get through (stupid system!) but when I did the guy was really nice and helpful, and told me that I'd been approved to sponsor on Aug 19th! Supposed the letter was still in the mail - so I went out and checked again, and sure enough, it was sitting in my mailbox, just delivered that day. So you can update my status to SPONSORSHIP APPROVED!

So sometimes things just take longer - Canada Post can be slow - but don't lose hope, it'll come through. And if you are ever unsure, the call-centre people seem really nice and can actually tell you useful information sometimes.

So excited to have this first step done and to know for sure that they're working on our file! Seeing everyone else get approved first was making me jealous. Great to hear that everyone else is progressing well though, let's hope it continues!

garudha

Dec 11, 2010
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jun-2012
Doc's Request.
none yet...
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2012(Sponsorship)
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
Hopefully not again
Passport Req..
20-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
I can't figure out how to modify my signature/stats on the side of my posts? I've tried going into my Profile, but it only lets me change my password... Anyone know how to do this?

Also, I just checked ecas and they say that they didn't receive my application until June 24th rather than June 23rd that the courier told me (likely got it in the afternoon and just put it in a pile to sort the next morning) so maybe the spreadsheet should be changed to reflect that.

Apr 25, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Au
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
Happy to report that my wife collected her passport, with the visa in it, from the consulate in Sydney today.

I wish all of you out there still waiting to be approved as sponsors or have their permanent residency approved the best of luck. Hopefully you will have to spend as little time as possible away from your loved one(s).

Cheers
Felix