Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0002E-2.pdf

Reading this i am not sure what the hell is going on with the new rules for "INTENT TO STAY IN CANADA"
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]
I intend, if granted citizenship,
[/size][/size][/size][/size]

to continue to reside in Canada;

to enter into, or continue in, employment outside Canada in or with the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province,
otherwise than as a locally engaged person; or

to reside with my spouse or common-law partner, or parent, who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is employed outside Canada in or with the
Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province,
otherwise than as a locally engaged person.
Yes

I have a mental disability and am incapable of forming the intent referred to above.
Note:
You must submit supporting evidence.

No –
Note
: If you select `no', your application will be returned to you as you do not meet the requirements for a grant of citizenship

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See the video on YouTube about this section, search for "intention to reside"

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Video is old, form is as of today.

READ THE QUESTION...

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
fprince said:
Video is old, form is as of today.

READ THE QUESTION...
it says if granted citizenship,which means after the oath.If you tick YES then do not stay in canada the CIC may say hey! this is fraud.You lied and your citizenship will be revoked.This is what it means in simple english I guess.

It does not say "during the processing of my application I intend to reside in canada"

If this does not change,the CIC is going to fucx up a lot of lives with accusing people as liars because they ticked "Yes" but did not stay in canada later on

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The "Intend" clause is added deliberately by this Harper Govt. as they are tightening up granting of citizenship onward. Canada does not have enough employment scope for general immigrants anymore.

Under this intend clause the new citizen's status will be literally a PR status and will not be free to live outside Canada for extended period. This means only those who are willing to stay rest of their lives in Canada only should apply under new rules. New citizens under new rule does not have same freedom of living anywhere in the world under earlier rule. This will make new citizens with limited freedom and mobility rights.. Very sad and I think Canada got this Intent clause idea from some other European country while U.S does not have this kind of restrictions..

Also added Income Tax clause which means an applicant does not have satisfactory income deceleration might find themselves in limbo while CIC will scrutinize tax files and surely will ask lot questions to the applicant during interview and will find easier to issue RQ on this clause alone..

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
The "Intend" clause is added deliberately by this Harper Govt. as they are tightening up granting of citizenship onward. Canada does not have enough employment scope for general immigrants anymore.

Under this intend clause the new citizen's status will be literally a PR status and will not be free to live outside Canada for extended period. This means only those who are willing to stay rest of their lives in Canada only should apply under new rules. New citizens under new rule does not have same freedom of living anywhere in the world under earlier rule. This will make new citizens with limited freedom and mobility rights.. Very sad and I think Canada got this Intent clause idea from some other European country while U.S does not have this kind of restrictions..

Also added Income Tax clause which means an applicant does not have satisfactory income deceleration might find themselves in limbo while CIC will scrutinize tax files and surely will ask lot questions to the applicant during interview and will find easier to issue RQ on this clause alone..
So according to you, the poor people will have slim chances to get Canadian citizenship?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
So according to you, the poor people will have slim chances to get Canadian citizenship?
Well, if you carefully analyze the new application form's condition imposed that is what I suspect CIC is trying to do.. If poorer people filed taxes all these years and satisfy CIC they will get Citizenship but may not be a straight forward case.. CIC surely has internal reasons to include the most crucial clauses "Intend to Reside after Granting of Citizenship and Income Tax"..

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Poor people who have education but are working odd jobs maybe at risk, since the CIC might doubt their Intent to stay.

Ex. A Qualified doctor driving a taxi. CIC knows that the person can practice medicine is his home country but not here. So he might move back after getting citizenship.

Just my 2 cents.

MUFC said:

S khan

Jun 28, 2010
karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
More proofs + forms feb 2011
AOR Received.
June 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010
Med's Request
March 2011/August 2012
Med's Done....
April 2011/August 2012
Passport Req..
August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
Guys just relax !

This question is nothing more than what PNP applicants intents to remain in province once they are granted PR. I was worried there might be some separate form or other stuff. Plus they haven't included "continuous intention till the grant of citizenship as well as it was present in the Bill C-24.

So in short nothing to worry.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
CIC is a bigger beast than the provincial PNPs.

S khan said:
Guys just relax !

This question is nothing more than what PNP applicants intents to remain in province once they are granted PR. I was worried there might be some separate form or other stuff. Plus they haven't included "continuous intention till the grant of citizenship as well as it was present in the Bill C-24.

So in short nothing to worry.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
buddhaB said:
it says if granted citizenship,which means after the oath.If you tick YES then do not stay in canada the CIC may say hey! this is fraud.You lied and your citizenship will be revoked.This is what it means in simple english I guess.

It does not say "during the processing of my application I intend to reside in canada"

If this does not change,the CIC is going to fucx up a lot of lives with accusing people as liars because they ticked "Yes" but did not stay in canada later on
100% agree
that's how the government is planning to use this language

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
It is not the wording which is a bother, it is the 2 OPTIONS they are quoting below in the application.

So basically they say you ARE FREE TO LIVE OUTSIDE OF CANADA after given citizenship
BUT You need to.. ONLY

1.enter into, or continue in, employment outside Canada in or with the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province,

2. to reside with my spouse or common-law partner, or parent, who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is employed outside Canada in or with the
Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province,

So now this to me in plain English is…you can only live outside provided you meet the above two conditions as you signed in the application.

Am I missing anything here?
So what If a citizen gets a Job for a multinational company and moves to work in UK for the next 5 years? Thoughts thoughts…

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fprince said:
It is not the wording which is a bother, it is the 2 OPTIONS they are quoting below in the application.

So basically they say you ARE FREE TO LIVE OUTSIDE OF CANADA after given citizenship
BUT You need to.. ONLY

1.enter into, or continue in, employment outside Canada in or with the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province,

2. to reside with my spouse or common-law partner, or parent, who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is employed outside Canada in or with the

So now this to me in plain English is...you can only live outside provided you meet the above two conditions as you signed in the application.

Am I missing anything here?
So what If a citizen gets a Job for a multinational company and moves to work in UK for the next 5 years? Thoughts thoughts...
Yes, not following these 2 condition CIC easily can cancel the citizenship. CIC elaborately explained in these two clause and an applicant has choice whether they want to take citizenship and will maintain the above clause or just don't apply if not able to maintain any of above clause.

Literally it looks the same rule applied for citizen under these above clause which applies for a PR in order to maintain the residency..

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard that they will start giving extra bonuses for the agents who revoke as much as they can citizenships, but only to those who have applied after 10th June.

I am very scared guys.

We are doomed.

kaladdin

Jun 12, 2015
Guys! this "intent to reside" clause only applies during the citizenship application process.

Quote from the CIC website:

"You must declare your intent to reside during the citizenship application process.

To become a citizen, you must indicate your intention to:

live in Canada,
work outside Canada as a Crown servant, or
live abroad with certain family members who are Crown servants.

Once you become a Canadian citizen, you have the right to enter, remain in, or leave Canada, one of the basic rights of citizenship."