+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July2022-visiotr visa rejected for my dad

chelsea

Sep 19, 2011
Confused. So if your parents have $51k in cash and were refused a visa for insufficient funds. And the link is always stated “may” so IRCC can use discretion and if they feel the applicant doesn’t have enough funds and using all their savings for a visit, it will be refused despite family member in Canada having income. If you are PR, parents have a better chance of approval with your funds/NOA.

Hi @Naturgrl, the OP is a different member, misra87....

Reactions: neha__

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
My dad applied for visitor visa to visit me in a canada. His application got rejected on three grounds:
I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

He has shown 51,000CAD as proof of funds for two weeks of visit. I don't understand how come this is insufficient funds. We provided as much documents as possible to support his application including my PR, his pension details, his assets in India and all the family details. Also, he mentioned the purpose of visit is family visit as he was coming to see his son. I don't know why they are saying the purpose of the visit is not consistent in application. Please suggest what to do in this situation.
@misra87 Did you get your father's visa approved through another application? I'm in a similar situation. Not sure what needs to be done.