Doc's Request.
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
15-07-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2018
I received my notes. I am in security check. So, if it takes about a year for this dark tunnel to end, I should hope to get PR only after Sep 2018. I just applied for BOWP; sad.

Last edited:

kanwar

Apr 21, 2012
What’s the maximum processing time we are looking at for the final verdict on that application ? It has been more than 7 months . I want to start couple of things so I want to avoid both things happening at same time.

lushahz

Star Member
May 18, 2017
What’s the maximum processing time we are looking at for the final verdict on that application ? It has been more than 7 months . I want to start couple of things so I want to avoid both things happening at same time.
Same situation is at my side. Very confused on taking steps that must be taken by now.

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
From my call to them, the maximum time is one year from the date you received ITA. I was told my application is still under background check meanwhile my gcms note showed that EE, MED, Criminality were PASSED since three months ago.

tuce

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Rome
AOR Received.
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
23-08-2017
I received my notes. I am in security check. So, if it takes about a year for this dark tunnel to end, I should hope to get PR only after Sep 2018. I just applied for BOWP; sad.
Hello.. where do you see, in the notes, that you are on ss.. i received my notes yeasterday and my security check shows not started..

hem_can

Jan 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Doc's Request.
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
15-07-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2018
Hello.. where do you see, in the notes, that you are on ss.. i received my notes yeasterday and my security check shows not started..
When I trace my account activity in the notes, at some point it shows that "security" is being changed from an "old value" of "not started" to just blank. After that, all the information is visibly removed from the notes due to legal reasons. If you can't see such things in your notes, then it probably means that you are not in security check.

Reactions: tuce

Sobia younus

Oct 16, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Same here, My status is NA2 from six months. It's highly frustrating for me but still the hopes are alive ;)
Hello my AOR is 27th July and I'm on NA2 since 9th Aug. I emailed london visa office 2 weeks back and they replied that my case is waiting for the final review ( VCM). Now i have almost crossed the 7th months timeline. My question is do they cross 8 months timeline if u r not in security screening ???

lushahz

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hello my AOR is 27th July and I'm on NA2 since 9th Aug. I emailed london visa office 2 weeks back and they replied that my case is waiting for the final review ( VCM). Now i have almost crossed the 7th months timeline. My question is do they cross 8 months timeline if u r not in security screening ???
We can just pray for wake the London Visa Officers up and hope for the best. May we all get PPRs now.

tuce

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Rome
AOR Received.
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
23-08-2017
When I trace my account activity in the notes, at some point it shows that "security" is being changed from an "old value" of "not started" to just blank. After that, all the information is visibly removed from the notes due to legal reasons. If you can't see such things in your notes, then it probably means that you are not in security check.
Yes im not on ss, still my file is pending since october 2017 and today im exactly 214 days since aor. No answer to my emails from Rome Visa Office. Incompetence!

tuce

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Rome
AOR Received.
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
23-08-2017
Same as me.. my aor 27.7.2017 and im still waiting. My visa office is Rome and they havent touched my file at all since oct 19th that was transferred there. And im not in ss as my gcms notes state.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Exact same scenario. Ever since they received the RPRF fees they didn't touch the files and that's back in the first wee of september. I thought i'd be under security screening but guess what it says in the notes: NOT STARTED!

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Exact same scenario. Ever since they received the RPRF fees they didn't touch the files and that's back in the first wee of september. I thought i'd be under security screening but guess what it says in the notes: NOT STARTED!
some posts on GCMS said that "not Started" means the security check is in progress

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
I wrote CPC Ottawa and below is the response i got.... is there anyone with similar reply?

Hello xxxx,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.
We appreciate your patience very much.
Regards,

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I wrote CPC Ottawa and below is the response i got.... is there anyone with similar reply?

Hello xxxx,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.
We appreciate your patience very much.
Regards,
yes i got this message when i contacted them back in january. btw for my gcms notes i received them 2 months and 2 weeks after requesting them. i seriously don't know why it's happening this way.

vintage_bat

Feb 1, 2018
From my call to them, the maximum time is one year from the date you received ITA. I was told my application is still under background check meanwhile my gcms note showed that EE, MED, Criminality were PASSED since three months ago.
Hey! How did you manage to call them and get in touch. I've been trying for so long at +1-613-944-4000 and the line always disconnects after automated voice says they cannot connect me to an agent because all lines are busy. Please help!!