App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks Bud!! Can a file be rejected in this stage ?
there's always a chance for rejection, even your PR and citizenship can be revoked at some point in the future in case something wrong or something you hid comes up

Reactions: vvish

funter28

May 20, 2015
Hey Guys,

My AOR was July 21st and the application status is as follow. Can any one help me understand my application stage or status ?

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Which local visa office is handling your file? Was it before at cio sydney or ottawa?

Reactions: vvish

funter28

May 20, 2015
I am not sure about the local office. how would i go about finding it ?
To find a VO:

By sending an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

This is the email format they require:

IMPORTANT: You must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

* Surname and Given name(s)
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident)

tlh_khan

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hey Guys,

My AOR was July 21st and the application status is as follow. Can any one help me understand my application stage or status ?

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
SAME TIME LINE IS MINE AND DOC STATUS CHANGE SINCE 3OCT AND STILL SAME................

leah_jjjjj

Aug 29, 2017
Your ITA Letter should have stated which stream you were applying under - FSW or CEC. You should log back in to your myCIC account and re-read it; It's rather important to know which stream you're in, because there are different criteria to satisfy each stream (for example, FSW has to have 1-year of continuous full-time employment in one NOC Code, whereas CEC's 1-year of work experience can derive from multiple jobs with multiple NOC Codes, as long as they're all Skill Type/Level 0, A, or B; for another, FSW has to provide proof of settlement funds, while CEC doesn't).

Based on your statuses, it looks like you're in IP2 (IP2's BGC status usually reads "We are processing your background check..." while IP1'S BGS status usually reads "Your application is in progress...", although it's a bit odd to be in IP2 and have your documents still under review. But you can't rely entirely on the myCIC statuses. As legalfalcon, the resident attorney on this forum often explains, using the statuses to determine at which stage your application is, is pure assumption and conjecture.

For this reason, you can't and shouldn't have any expectations based on the myCIC account statuses. Even if we could rely on the statuses, there are too many things that could happen in 'IP2' to make an accurate guess as to how much longer your file could take. You could get PPR tomorrow, or you could get it a week from now, or you could get it a month from now (depending on how many applications are ahead of yours and how many human resources are available to process the applications, at whichever Centre or Visa Office your file is being processed), or your file could be "put down" by some Immigration Officer and "left to gather dust" for months more (as some unfortunate persons have reported after reviewing their GCMS notes), or you could get selected for additional security screening and have your application processing extended by a further 4 - 12 months.

There's no use speculating. I know the wait is hard, but just breathe and try to find other things to occupy your thoughts and time until one day you get the Golden Email (but check your email and your myCIC account once a day, just in case, as the deliver of the PPR notices is varied and flawed - emails going to spam, people getting the message in their myCIC account but no email to notify them about it, etc.)
Thank you so much for the explanation and everything. You are so right about not speculating. The immigration is important but I shouldn't let it affect my daily life so much. Wish you receive your PPR soon!

Janko

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
it is funny, i don't see any updates from my profile. they said i am still at IP1, but i just received an email from IRCC, they asked for my passport and photos. guys, i got my PPR.

my timeline is , i got my AOR on July 2th, med passed on Aug 22, and background check started at the same time i think. since then, no change, now, it still says they are processing my background check,but i got my PPR.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
it is funny, i don't see any updates from my profile. they said i am still at IP1, but i just received an email from IRCC, they asked for my passport and photos. guys, i got my PPR.

my timeline is , i got my AOR on July 2th, med passed on Aug 22, and background check started at the same time i think. since then, no change, now, it still says they are processing my background check,but i got my PPR.
Does your BCG status say "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check", or does it say "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information", because if it's the latter, your application was actually in IP2, not IP1.

Regardless though, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Reactions: Janko

Janko

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Does your BCG status say "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check", or does it say "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information", because if it's the latter, your application was actually in IP2, not IP1.

Regardless though, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
thank you!

it is latter one.

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017

congrats

Reactions: Janko

PB87

Sep 20, 2017

I hope it is the same for me because my BG hasn't changed since my medical passed back in Aug 24. Our timelines are very similar, although I'm a CEC stream.

Anyways, congrats!!! :)